Site Seeing All Things Michael Jackson

Love this thread! Thnx everyone for your input. In 2015 I visited the house the final scene from thriller was filmed in LA. It was totally renovated, bit they left a part of the veranda untouched which makes it very recognizable as the thriller mansion. Took this picture.
View attachment 2511

The book Travelling with a King is a good place to start exploring MJJ related locations
I went there yesterday! It still looks the same!

What is that?
Brad Sundberg was MJJ's engineer from Bad until invincible. He organises very interesting events about MJJ's work in the studio. He had an event this weekend in LA with Brian Vibbets, Matt Forger and Brad Buxer, who all worked with MJJ extensively. Figured since you were in LA this weekend, maybe that was the reason šŸ˜… nevermind!

What is that?
Those Brad Sundberg seminars are expensive. You won't get much change out of $300 for a full weekend. And that wouldn't include your accommodation costs.

Have you checked out Brad's 7 Songs 7 Stories series from 2021? It was in the lockdown / post - lockdown period. He interviewed several people who had worked with Michael. Brad Buxer, Matt Forger, Michael Prince, Brian Vibberts to name a few. They are really good interviews. Some are an hour long, others only 30 mins.

This looks like the shrine in Munich below the statue of Orlando di Lasso. The Eastern end of Promenadeplatz.

FzjIca2XgAANJYz

if I was able to, Iā€™d visit the pasadena civic auditorium and stand on the stage where michael did the moonwalk for the first time šŸ¤©

In 2016 I took a road trip that went through Gary Indiana. The house was the main thing.

Before I went, I found a list online of some of the first places the J5 played - the school, plenty of small clubs, etc

On the same trip I went to the Motown studio in Detroit.

I would visit madam tussaudā€™s in london to see if they have michaelā€™s original waxwork from 1985šŸ¤©I wonder if itā€™s still there?šŸ¤”

Back