'Slave To The Rhythm' Comeback Performance

Dan

Proud Member
This is just a general discussion of the 'Slave To The Rhythm' (Xscape-2014) comeback performance at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, May 18 2014.

Now I personally LOVED it. I thought that Michael slayed it, or should I say , SLAVED it ;). He really did give us everything he had in that performance and I thought it was one of his all time best award show performances ever! I think that Bush did a great job on the outfit as well. The only BAD thing I can say about this performance is that I think there should of been a bigger and longer intro, since it's Michael's comeback performance and the first actual performance in 13 years. But other than that I thought it was amazing and I hope there is an Xscape World Tour.

What are your opinions?

P.S. (I know it was a hologram that was not aware of it own surroundings and was just performing it's routine programming, an impersonator based CGI projection. But to me it's Michael.) XD

I thought it was disappointing, to be honest. The impersonator didn't look or move like Michael Jackson.

But then again, there is only one Michael Jackson. It was okay, for what it was.

Not a fan of it. But if they can somehow fix the head and some dance routines (moonwalk especially!), I'm OK with other "hologram" performances, even a world tour. But before that happens, the head has to be fixed because that looked NOTHING like MJ to me. CGI was very poor. Also they need to work out on the dancing. A lot! But with more money invested and technology improving, I see it happening in 10 years period. Not before that if they want to do it right, and I believe they do. Everything before that would be disrespectful towards MJ.

I read Dan's comment when he posted it, and frankly, I thought he was just being sarcastic and silly. Especially when he said "the best award performance ever" and "looking forward to the Xscape world tour". Was I wrong?

Back