Snowmageddon 2016 (US East Coast)!

SheilaMJFan4Ever

Proud Member
How many members here live in the eastern US? This winter storm system is stretching from Georgia (where I live) all the way up the coast to the New England area! I hope you're all alright, have some supplies in case of power outages and keep your phones/tablets/Mp3s charged up. Gotta listen to Mike while we're waiting out the storm, lol!

Here's a few pics I snapped today...

The beginning of the storm was just freezing rain and ice (my car):
FB_IMG_1453497664450_zpsoppxbbpc.jpg

The skylight in my apartment, completely covered with snow:
IMG_20160122_171309_zpsn4yeymuv.jpg

The outdoor heated shelter for my ferals (they come inside with me, too, when they want to) :
IMG_20160122_183918_zpsumxywyhz.jpg

What a nasty winter storm. I heard that the storm kills 8, but slammed millions. The Storm Hunters from The Weather Network are already in D.C. to look into these hellish storms.

Check out the full story:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ne...ency-declared-ahead-of-wicked-us-storm/62645/

Here's a pic from The Weather Network for Saturday's Winter Storm which will impact in the area's of Washington to Boston.

SN_Saturday1-1040x572.jpg

http://players.brightcove.net/1942203455001/default_default/index.html?videoId=4717093671001

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll cancel some of those games if they conditions are worse than expected? People shouldn't be out and about for a game.

Power outage means no water, don´t forget to fill waterbottles, buckets..just in case
There is no storm where I live but the water has been frozen for over a week now.
I find it troublesome, but compared to for example livingconditions for refugees and homeless people it´s fine

I wonder if they'll cancel some of those games if they conditions are worse than expected? People shouldn't be out and about for a game.

We'll have to see, I'll check Sportsnet Central if those games are postponed. The Canucks vs Penguins game is going and be on shortly.

*UPDATE*
The Penguins vs Capitals game for tomorrow in now postponed.

Last edited:
That's a good idea to postpone it. If they don't want people making unnecessary travels, then going to a game falls under that.

Flyers vs NY Islanders game tonight was already postponed.

I hope all of you are safe out there. Sending warm hugs

It hasn't been an easy storm to deal with and the death toll (so far) isn't as high as it could have been, but it's still sad that people have lost their lives. Here in Georgia the extreme northeastern part of the state was hit the hardest (the mountains), the snow and ice causing many power outages and closure of schools and government offices.

On a lighter note, some people made lemonade out the the lemons the storm gave them. Here's a clip of people snow diving!

Here's the latest from The Weather Channel:
http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-jonas-forecast-blizzard-warning-january-22

Back