So far, has the project "Michael" been a failure??? and why???

So far, has the project "Michael" been a failure??? and why??? Multiple Choice!!!!

• Total voters
Being a Michael Jackson fan for most of my life, I shuld have been in the key demographic for this album. In spite of that, I chose not to buy it, and I know that other fans reached the same conclusion. The Cascio tracks did divide the community, and the album sales did not meet the expectations. So yeah, I do consider the album to be a failure.

One year on I can say I bought it but I hardly listen to it. It's not on my MP3 player, while all other MJ albums are. Except for maybe Much Too Soon, which I like a lot.

It's not even just about the Cascio controversy to me. It's that generally the songs are poorly produced in my opinion. I wish MJ had got the treatment from his record company that a legend of his caliber deserves.

Additionally I also think the album cover was kitschy and thus a turn-off, not to mention the fact they couldn't come up with any decent videos to promote the album. I'm not expecting MJ style huge videos but at least they should have shown a little creativity.

Overall I had the feeling Sony just wanted to quickly cash-in on it without putting much effort in the quality of what is produced. Michael definitely deserves better. I hope Sony will learn from it and it will be better managed the next time.

Last edited:
Back