So why couldn't they have just dropped the Cascio tracks?

I've been blocked Richard. When in doubt just mute everybody who irritates you. A wonderful ability that does not exist in real life sadly.

Why Mister Jay Tee don't write anything???!! 😳😳😳 Where he go?? He was my favourite black friend! 😭😡 I miss him so much!!🥺🥺🥺

Anyway, Rob Stringer is/was the CEO of Sony Music Entertainment. And he was the Curator/Executive Producer.
He is responsible for the "Michael" album. Good and bad.

@Mister_Jay_Tee
I, I will always, always love yooou
I will always love youuuu
I will always love youuuuuuuu
I will always love youuuuuuuuuu

Miss you, my friend, comeback soon! ♥️👀🙏✨🔥👽👻🎃🤠🥸🌞🌜🌞

Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson
Just when you thought he was done
He comes to give it again
They can put around the world today
He wanna write my obituary
No matter what, you just wanna read it again
No matter what, you just wanna feed it again
Why is it strange that I would fall in love? (Fall in love)
Who is that boogie man you're thinkin' of? (You're thinkin' of)
Or am I crazy 'cause I just eloped
This is breaking news (breaking news)
This is breaking news (breaking news, breaking the news)
Oh

This is straight ass lol. Even worse lyrics than "Privacy"
Wow, never looked at the lyrics in so much detail... They are absolutely horrible!
I remember listening to the song and hearing 'Michael Jackson' .... first of all, I can do a better MJ voice than JM and most importantly, Michael would have never ever sung about himself from this perspective. Not even if someone else wrote the song.

"Breaking News" is a broke, homeless man's "Tabloid Junkie".
"Monster" is a broke, homeless man's "Threatened".
"Keep Your Head Up" is a broke, homeless man's "Keep the Faith".

"Broke, homeless" may be too generous, actually.

Not to get into a Cascio discussion here, but I remember when I first heard BN being shocked how poor the songwriting on this track was. I mean it's a bad knock off of Ghosts/Is It Scary lyrically and Teddy did his best to give it a kick like WYWTOM or Tabloid Junkie.

Forget how awful that "impersonator" sounds, lyrically they're poorly written songs. They tried to write in Mike's signature style but forget the element of genius that made them truly unique and profound. Lines as deep as "Am I the beast you visualized?" are to me what elevate Michael's art far beyond the limiting title of King Of Pop.

Wow, never looked at the lyrics in so much detail... They are absolutely horrible!
I remember listening to the song and hearing 'Michael Jackson' .... first of all, I can do a better MJ voice than JM and most importantly, Michael would have never ever sung about himself from this perspective. Not even if someone else wrote the song.
EWWW SERIOUSLY, they are ass. they are!

even when i was 11 years old (becoming an MJ fan for the first time and not even aware breaking news was a fake song yet), it always unsettled me how "Michael" (heavy quotations there... since we all know it ain't actually michael singing) addressed himself in the THIRD PERSON in that song. it felt creepy.

how are you going to try to pass off THREE songs as if michael himself provided the vocals and contributed something of quality to it when the songs AREN'T EVEN GOOD? jesus... even monster, which is nowhere near as terrible as breaking news or keep your head up (in my opinion), could've been better. i can't believe it took 12 years for the songs to be wiped off of streaming services.

Keep Your Head Up is a nice song. With a nice message. And the choir at the end is genuinely great.

Monster has a great beat and a genuinely great 50 Cent cameo.

Breaking News is a goofy catchy song.

Keep Your Head Up is a nice song. With a nice message. And the choir at the end is genuinely great.

Fy9WK10.jpg
what chu doing

Sometimes I feel like you say stuff just to say it, man.

I ain't explaining myself to y'all. They did decent work to make it sound decent. As would-be demoes go, I would take them over Rod Michael.

We are talking about CASCIO case! The most controversal fraud in history! This dirty family lied literally to everybody! They made a lot of faked proofs. In that case you can't trust ANYBODY. Only real evidence are relevant. And we have LITTERALLY 0 EVIDENCES, that MJ was involved in production of these beautiful tracks. So please, before saying such nonsence,

and stop being a kid already

😉
No, we’re talking about the Jeffre Philips lawsuit, which has no connection to the Cascio case.

There is irrefutable, legally-archived evidence that demos of at least two of the Cascio songs (“All Right” and “Ready 2 Win”) were in MJ’s possession at the time of his death. While we can speculate and debate all day about whether or not he ever directly contributed to them, it is a proven fact (as of this year) that he, at the very least, knew they existed and was willing to hold onto CDs of them.

Everybody and their grandma knew it wasn't MJ singing those songs. Was Sony just legally forced to include them because of some contractual agreement? Did they just sign documents promising that they will use the songs without actually hearing them first?
My guess is royalties. Some key person / people would be getting paid BIG from these fake tracks versus 'real' ones. The creators of the tracks would be happy with their crumbs.
The Cascios are one weird family. Going so far as to defend MJ and say he was an amazing person, yet choosing to tarnish his legacy with fake songs. And even Teddy Riley defended the fake tracks before finally admitting they were fake; what in the world was he thinking, destroying his credibility by backing these songs?
The VladTV interview Teddy did (many years after the fact) mentions his reasons, one of them being big industry people. I'm sure he was paid well for his false statements. The man has zero credibility to me. He changes his tune only after those who have struggled to get the truth out get proven right. The pain he caused the Jackson family, that man. And yet he regarded Mike as his friend. His motivations have to be money.
This whole fiasco was bizarre and over the top. The Michael album is a prime example of how exactly not to do a posthumous album.
I think the fakers' songs were great for those who decided on them. They paid them crumbs and made obscene profits on an after-death product with fake tracks. It has to be about money, and tarnishing MJ's legacy too. The current management & Mottola were not shedding any tears, thats for sure.

There's literally nothing more to be said about this subject. There's been no new developments either.

There's literally nothing more to be said about this subject. There's been no new developments either.
Hey wait! :)

I do think it's very possible Teddy Riley believed it was Michael's voice; that he thought it was just processed weird, got caught up with their enthusiasm and persuasion or subconsiously wanted to believe it..

Although difficult to judge by me as an European but the lyrics to me aren't that much worse than some stuff MJ wrote and also him speaking about himself in the third person doesn't seem that weird for him to do.. right..?

Teddy already said he didn't think they were MJ and he just worked on them because he had already been paid and wanted to get a real MJ song to work on.

At least two people have stated that Teddy never believed the tracks were real, but was contractually obligated to work on them. As far as his public support, perhaps he felt the estate could sue him for defamation if he came out and said, “These songs aren’t real but they’re making me work on them.” Not necessarily defending him, but it’s definitely a contentious situation that I don’t envy him for being in.

That said, if there’s ever another album, I hope he comes back. Controversy aside, he did a damn good job on “Breaking News,” “Monster,” and “Burn Tonight.” (“Hollywood Tonight” is a controversial one, but I personally love it.)

At least two people have stated that Teddy never believed the tracks were real, but was contractually obligated to work on them. As far as his public support, perhaps he felt the estate could sue him for defamation if he came out and said, “These songs aren’t real but they’re making me work on them.” Not necessarily defending him, but it’s definitely a contentious situation that I don’t envy him for being in.

That said, if there’s ever another album, I hope he comes back. Controversy aside, he did a damn good job on “Breaking News,” “Monster,” and “Burn Tonight.” (“Hollywood Tonight” is a controversial one, but I personally love it.)
He did Burn Tonight?

Teddy already said he didn't think they were MJ and he just worked on them because he had already been paid and wanted to get a real MJ song to work on.
Hilarious. We also heard from Teddy way back that he didn't get paid a cent for his contributions (yet). That he was doing the work for a friend (Michael) and his legacy. I wish I could find that interview now.

Back