Some questions for fun

filmandmusic

Proud Member
All of these questions should be answered with Michael related songs, just to make sure you understand 😜
I will give my answers later after some deep thinking and meditating about it 🤔

Fave J5 album:
Fave Jacksons album:
Fave MJ Motown album:
Fave MJ adult album:
Fave J5 song:
Fave Jacksons song:
Fave MJ Motown song:
Fave MJ adult song:
Fave video solo or group:
Fave dance routine/choreography:
Fave tour solo:
Fave tour group:
Fave duet:
Fave anti press song:
Fave humanitarian song:
Fave love song:
Fave trouble with women song:
Fave song never to appear on a studio album when MJ was alive:
Fave Christmas song:
Fave beat/rhythm:
Fave chorus:
Fave lyrics:
Fave bridge:
Fave song given to a other artist:
Fave live performance of a song:

Last edited:
Fave J5 album: DANCING MACHINE
Fave Jacksons album: THE JACKSONS
Fave MJ Motown album: GOT TO BE THERE
Fave MJ adult album: THRILLER
Fave J5 song: DARLING DEAR
Fave Jacksons song: SHAKE YOUR BODY (DOWN TO THE GROUND)
Fave MJ Motown song: ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE
Fave MJ adult song: SOMEONE IN THE DARK
Fave video solo or group: THRILLER
Fave dance routine/choreography: THRILLER
Fave tour solo: BAD
Fave tour group: pure guesswork but I think it would be THE FIRST or SECOND NATIONAL TOUR 1970/1971
Fave duet: THE MAN with PAUL McCARTNEY
Fave anti press song: WHY YOU WANNA TRIP ON ME
Fave humanitarian song: HEAL THE WORLD
Fave love song: THE LADY IN MY MIFE
Fave trouble with women song: BILLIE JEAN
Fave song never to appear on a studio album when MJ was alive: SOMEONE IN THE DARK
Fave Christmas song: GIVE LOVE ON CHRISTMAS DAY
Fave beat/rhythm: DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH
Fave chorus: THE LADY IN MY LIFE
Fave lyrics: BE NOT ALWAYS
Fave bridge: IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME
Fave song given to a other artist: CENTIPEDE for REBBIE JACKSON
Fave live performance of a song: DIRTY DIANA on BAD TOUR

Um, that took you, what? About 8 hours? I'm gonna need more like 8 weeks, lol.

This is epic, man!

Um, that took you, what? About 8 hours? I'm gonna need more like 8 weeks, lol.

This is epic, man!
You have no idea how incredibly bored I get at times lol
And why do I do this, it is all pointless 🙃 ask me to fill this in is next week and perhaps it would be completely different
Have spent a fair bit of time today imagining Karen Carpenter singing this one. 🙂
She would do it justice.

Fave J5 album: DANCING MACHINE
Fave Jacksons album: THE JACKSONS
Fave MJ Motown album: GOT TO BE THERE
Fave MJ adult album: THRILLER
Fave J5 song: DARLING DEAR
Fave Jacksons song: SHAKE YOUR BODY (DOWN TO THE GROUND)
Fave MJ Motown song: ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE
Fave MJ adult song: SOMEONE IN THE DARK
Fave video solo or group: THRILLER
Fave dance routine/choreography: THRILLER
Fave tour solo: BAD
Fave tour group: pure guesswork but I think it would be THE FIRST or SECOND NATIONAL TOUR 1970/1971
Fave duet: THE MAN with PAUL McCARTNEY
Fave trouble with women song: BILLIE JEAN
Fave song never to appear on a studio album when MJ was alive: SOMEONE IN THE DARK
Fave Christmas song: GIVE LOVE ON CHRISTMAS DAY
Fave beat/rhythm: DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH
Fave chorus: THE LADY IN MY LIFE
Fave lyrics: BE NOT ALWAYS
Fave bridge: IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME
Fave song given to a other artist: CENTIPEDE for REBBIE JACKSON
Fave live performance of a song: DIRTY DIANA on BAD TOUR
this was difficult to narrow down..

favourite j5 album: greatest hits - their first compilation released in 1971 (if I had to choose a studio album it would be ‘abc’)

favourite Jacksons album: ‘the very best of the Jacksons - uk compilation released in 2004. (again, if I had to choose a studio one, it would be ‘going places’

favourite mj Motown album: ‘got to be there’

favourite mj adult album: ‘thriller💜

favourite j5 song:looking through the windows’ (runners up; ‘abc’ and ‘never can say goodbye’)

favourite Jacksons song: ‘show you the way to go’ (honourable mention; ‘blame it on the boogie

favourite Motown solo song: ‘rockin robin’ (ties with ‘farewell my summer love

favourite mj adult song: ‘wanna be startin somethin💜

favourite video group or solo: ‘billie jean

favourite dance routine/choreography: ‘thriller’ hands down 💜

favourite solo tour: would have been ‘this is it

favourite group tour: ‘victory’. the New York show is my favourite, despite the quality available.

favourite duet: ‘ease on down the road’ with Diana Ross - especially the film and live versions 💜

favourite anti press song: I consider ‘wanna be startin somethin’ to be one. it’s about gossip in general, and could apply to the rumours that were already circulating about him at the time (female hormones to maintain a high voice, etc)

favourite humanitarian song: ‘we are the world’. it’s a practical, yet heartfelt call to action. realistic and uplifting. a catchy and simple melody that literally translates globally 💜

favourite love song: ‘love never felt so good

favourite trouble women song: ‘billie jean

favourite song to never appear on an album when Michael was alive: probably ‘hot street

favourite Christmas song: ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’

favourite beat/rhythm: ‘wanna be startin somethin’. that itchy, Congo, fast-paced fusion of pop and r&b💜

favourite chorus: ‘beat it’. for the interplay between the lead and background vocals (that Michael himself did), and syncopated way it was sung. I don’t enjoy rock at all, but ‘beat it’ is one of my favourites 💜

favourite lyrics: again, ‘beat it’. I think it had the most important, and often overlooked message that represented what Michael stood for at that time.

favourite bridge: not sure if this counts as a bridge or middle 8, but ‘thriller’. it ups the level of scariness considerably. (notable mention: ‘everybody’ by the Jacksons. it’s bliss 💜)

favourite song given to another artist: ‘love never felt so good’ - given to Johnny manthis in 1984. I believe Michael could have scored a classic hit with that.

favourite live performance of song: in general, nothing tops ‘billie jean’ from Motown 25 for me. it’s what made him a legend. however, in terms of vocals, I’d say ‘ease on down the road’ with Diana Ross in 1981.

that took way longer than I thought it would. it was both fun and stressful lol 😆 it would be interesting to return to this in the future to see if my opinions have changed..

You have no idea how incredibly bored I get at times lol
And why do I do this, it is all pointless 🙃 ask me to fill this in is next week and perhaps it would be completely different
Oh, for sure it would be different.

She would do it justice.
Totally. She would knock it out of the park. I also was imagining Karen Carpenter and Michael singing ODIYL as a duet. I know that might sound mad as it's not really written to be that type of song but - in my head, lol - it really works. I don't even like duets but this one could have worked bc their voices would harmonise so beautifully. At least, I think they would.

this was difficult to narrow down..
Tell me about it!

Some lovely stuff here. I'm gonna have to have a go. I had kinda decided I wouldn't do it bc it's mega in size but I'm feeling a bit more into it now. I might have to break it down into smaller sections though.

favourite group tour: ‘victory’. the New York show is my favourite, despite the quality available.
I need to get back to this one. The little bit I've watched I did really love but the lousy quality did put me off, tbh. But that's par for the course if you're watching Michael live. I'll have another go.

favourite anti press song: I consider ‘wanna be startin somethin’ to be one. it’s about gossip in general, and could apply to the rumours that were already circulating about him at the time (female hormones to maintain a high voice, etc)
Hm, interesting.

favourite live performance of song: in general, nothing tops ‘billie jean’ from Motown 25 for me. it’s what made him a legend.
Oh yes!!

that took way longer than I thought it would. it was both fun and stressful lol 😆 it would be interesting to return to this in the future to see if my opinions have changed..
This is what I mean! It would be loads of fun but I can already see the stress involved, lol. I think I will have a go, though. :D

All of these questions should be answered with Michael related songs, just to make sure you understand 😜

Fave dance routine/choreography:
Smooth Criminal, 4 minute version.

Fave song never to appear on a studio album when MJ was alive:
We've Had Enough

Fave lyrics:
SIM

Those are the only ones I can do atm. I'll have to come back for the others.

This is not easy, lol.

P.S. Not so sure about that, actually. I had lots of fun doing my first 3 choices.

Last edited:
I feel like if I tried to do this I'd just be picking stuff and then my opinion would change tomorrow, especially on favourite songs lol.
That's why I didn't wanna do it but I just did my first 3 and it was loads of fun, actually. I decided not to think about it too much and just go with my gut instinct.

It's hard enough to think of a favorite song, now this is just impossible lmao
Yeah, those questions are hardcore. f&m has no mercy, lol. I'll be thinking long and hard before I can even try to answer that little lot.

Fave beat to me would probably be Throwing Your Life Away, the drums goes hard.
Ooh, drums. I'm gonna go and check that one out right now!

Count yourselves lucky, I wanted to do way more than what I ended up posting 🤣

I’m making myself a top 50 MJ songs (not gonna post it because it is boring). My initial list had 130 tracks, I got it narrowed down to 88 and I feel lots of heartbreak already for needing to leave out certain songs to eventually reach 50. I’m pretty certain on my top 7 but from there on it is all over the place lol

Gonna try (keyword... LOL) to answer these later. I could answer most of them, but on some I'm still undecided. For instance, I love the Jackson 5 but I'm not sure if I have a favorite album... Same with Michael's Motown solo stuff. I like a lot of it equally, if that makes sense? (Though with standalone songs it's a bit easier.) And I don't really listen to Christmas music (I don't mind it, but I don't really put it on unless I'm at some kind of Christmas gathering) so I think I'll have to pass on that question (unless that's cheating, in which case... welp, there go my answers, lol).

It is impossible for me to pick, going to give it a try though -

Fave MJ adult song: There is no way I can pick one.
Fave video solo or group: Impossible to narrow down to one, but probably Come Together or ITC, but also BOTDF
Fave dance routine/choreography: Dangerous (most probably)
Fave tour solo: DANGEROUS!!! (no doubt)
Fave tour group: ......
Fave duet: .......
Fave trouble with women song: DIRTY DIANA though BOTDF is a close second
Fave song never to appear on a studio album when MJ was alive: too complicated
Fave Christmas song: ......
Fave beat/rhythm: .......
Fave chorus: I don't know what this means
Fave lyrics: Impossible to narrow down!
Fave bridge: no idea
Fave song given to a other artist: .....
Fave live performance of a song: HUMAN NATURE without a doubt :)

Count yourselves lucky, I wanted to do way more than what I ended up posting 🤣
just start a thread like this every couple of weeks with different questions!

I’m making myself a top 50 MJ songs (not gonna post it because it is boring). My initial list had 130 tracks, I got it narrowed down to 88 and I feel lots of heartbreak already for needing to leave out certain songs to eventually reach 50. I’m pretty certain on my top 7 but from there on it is all over the place lol
post your top 7 at least!! I am interested in this :)

@staywild23

I settled on a top 10 because 7 is such an awkward number for a list 🥸

1) someone in the dark ( of course)
2) don’t stop till you get enough
3) shake your body (down to the ground)
4) billie jean
5) who is it
6) one day in your life
7) be not always
8) music and me
9) the lady in my life
10) too young

the top 3 in no particular order that popped in my head without thinking (I think that's the only way to go otherwise I will be all lost!)
1. Human Nature (of course)
2. The lady in my life (of course)
3. You are not alone
4. Will you be there

the top 3 in no particular order that popped in my head without thinking (I think that's the only way to go otherwise I will be all lost!)
1. Human Nature (of course)
2. The lady in my life (of course)
3. You are not alone
4. Will you be there
oh that was 4 not 3 😂😂

@Hiker if that list is about the chorusses then better leave out WYBT because that song doesn’t have a chorus.

Fave J5 song:
The Love You Save

Fave Jacksons song:
Can You Feel It

Fave MJ Motown song:
Ben

Fave video solo or group:
Smooth Criminal - 4 mins version

Fave tour solo:
BWT 1987

Fave tour group:
Triumph

In that case excellent choices bar YANA not too fond of that.
oh, YANA has a very special place in my heart. Though (surprisingly!) I don't like the official video, there is just something wrong about it!

Torturous list of questions, but I'll try to answer at least some...

Also, these answers are just how I feel today. It will probably change. Maybe Tomorrow! 😉

I apologize for being insufferable.

Ok, here we go...

Fave J5 album: Maybe Tomorrow 😍
Fave Jacksons album: Triumph
Fave MJ Motown album: Got to be There
Fave MJ Adult Album: NO! I REFUSE! ABSOLUTELY NOT! Ok...Bad. Today...
Fave J5 Song: Petals...lol
Fave Jacksons Song: Lovely One ❤️
Fave MJ Motown Song: either A Fool For You or I Wanna Be Where You Are
Fave MJ Adult Song: ABSOLUTELY NOT. Not at all possible.
Fave Video Solo or Group: Smooth Criminal...or TWYMMF
Fave Dance routine/choreography: Remember the Time 🤩 ... or Dangerous 🥵
Fave Tour Solo: BADDDDDDDDDD
Fave Tour Group: Victory (so far)
Fave Duet: Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming or Just Good Friends
Fave Anti-Press Song: Tabloid Junkie
Fave Humanitarian Song: Does They Don't Care About Us Count? Because...it should. Otherwise, Man in the Mirror
Fave Love Song: Speechless.... or whichever one he will sing to me when he greets me in the afterlife
Fave Trouble with Women Song: WHO IS IT WHO IS IT WHO IS IT
Fave Song Never to Appear on a Studio Album When MJ Was alive: I'm So Blue

That's all I can manage right now... that was fun but very hard!!

@staywild23

I settled on a top 10 because 7 is such an awkward number for a list 🥸

1) someone in the dark ( of course)
of course!

Somehow I deleted 2) Don't Stop -- for me, that song almost requires noise-canceling head phones and closed eyes to just sink into the magic of it. But it also makes you want to dance, so what can be done?

3) shake your body (down to the ground)
The live performance of this in 1987 is devastatingly 🥵 but I also truly looooooove this song from a purely musical perspective.

4) billie jean
5) who is it
6) one day in your life
I think I've only listened to this song a couple times! I must again.

7) be not always
8) music and me
9) the lady in my life
😍

10) too young
interesting!

Back