Songs demonstrating Michael’s vocal prowess

I didn't quite mean that. Just trying to shine a light on the earlier stuff that this board mostly ignores.

In 1973 you could listen to a MJ album and conclude he was one of the best singers in the world. When you think of MJ in the following decades, singer is not the first thing that dotings to mind.
Um… yes, that’s actually exactly what comes to my mind.

Agree about how the earlier material is overlooked, though.

I didn't quite mean that. Just trying to shine a light on the earlier stuff that this board mostly ignores.

In 1973 you could listen to a MJ album and conclude he was one of the best singers in the world. When you think of MJ in the following decades, singer is not the first thing that dotings to mind.

There are still songs where he's a great singer (Earth Song, IJCSLU, Speechless, ...) but people mostly say he's a songwriter, dancer or whatever.

Honestly, I'd have much preferred an MTV Unplugged performance, rather than the way he mimed during the HIStory tour.
It's more like people either say they miss the Old MJ or they take it for granted that he was so good and rather take jabs. They don't talk about his other talents with positivity much either do they.

You must have seen it because you liked the post where I posted the video. It was in 1983 dur8ng an NBA game, the crowd loved it
Aha! I just checked. It was your comment about Marvin's voice that I 'liked'. I didn't actually watch the videos you posted. Have just done the Star Spangled Banner. Mind blown! To me it was really sad, I felt quite tearful, but I'm guessing I'm in a minority with that response. Anyway, beautiful performance. Just beautiful.

Aha! I just checked. It was your comment about Marvin's voice that I 'liked'. I didn't actually watch the videos you posted. Have just done the Star Spangled Banner. Mind blown! To me it was really sad, I felt quite tearful, but I'm guessing I'm in a minority with that response. Anyway, beautiful performance. Just beautiful.
My emotional response was goosebumps and a smile

Back