sony removing mj videos on youtube!!

What videos exactly? Music videos? I checked and all of these seem to still be up

There is a statement that is circulated on certain social media:

"After acquiring a huge stake in the Michael Jackson song catalog, Sony has started blocking song use on YouTube worldwide, currently 'Gone Too Soon' (still available in the US) and 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' (7" single edit) are affected"

Some users have also noticed that the 'Smooth Criminal' music video (4K version) was also removed.

The blocking/removal of Michael Jackson's songs and music videos has already begun, and currently it seems to affect only foreign territories (i.e., territories outside US).

There is a statement that is circulated on certain social media:

"After acquiring a huge stake in the Michael Jackson song catalog, Sony has started blocking song use on YouTube worldwide, currently 'Gone Too Soon' (still available in the US) and 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' (7" single edit) are affected"

Some users have also noticed that the 'Smooth Criminal' music video (4K version) was also removed.

The blocking/removal of Michael Jackson's songs and music videos has already begun, and currently it seems to affect only foreign territories (i.e., territories outside US).

It says SONG USE ON YOUTUBE. Probably for every youtuber who shows MJ videos.

Does this mean stuff that isn't on the official Michael Jackson vevo and topic page is getting blocked? So stuff like fanmade upscales and remixes are being taken down?

Does this mean stuff that isn't on the official Michael Jackson vevo and topic page is getting blocked? So stuff like fanmade upscales and remixes are being taken down?

(So if I understand right, we're talking about YouTube's "Content ID" system.)

Videos removed or "blocked in certain countries" that's what should be the consequence of this.
Much will depend if they "remove" literally everything, or if they select things that may stay.

Also, depending on "how" they request the removals, YouTube channels with 3 videos getting removed/striked may get closed. (And theoretically the other channels from the same creators and forbidding their creators to recreate any other channels.)

The same happened many years ago with bob dylan. Youtube was full of concert and tv footage of bob performing and suddenly everything was gone and I never saw it again

People told me I was an old-fashioned idiot fir getting the Number Ones DVD.

Lol

Back