Super Mario 64 Chat & Discussion

The MJJ Library

7even's HIStory Corner
Who here plays Super Mario 64? I currently own it on my Nintendo 64, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. I've beaten the 70 Star Run 5 times, the highest amount of stars I've gained are 115 on my Nintendo 64, I'm planning on playing even more later today after I finish summer homework. I'd to discuss about it with some MJ fans because yes.

I played it in 1997. At that time it felt like a revolution.
120 stars, multiple times

I have still have the N64 cartridge. tbh imo all 3D Mario do suck. Looking forward to SMB Wonder though.

I have still have the N64 cartridge. tbh imo all 3D Mario do suck. Looking forward to SMB Wonder though.
‘Suck’ is a bit harsh, isn’t it? Although the original 2D platformers are of course superior.

‘Suck’ is a bit harsh, isn’t it? Although the original 2D platformers are of course superior.
I was really disappointed by SM64 and its successors on other consoles - except SM 3D World, which wasn't bad at all.

On the other hand I loved all Rare titles on the N64. Banjo Kazooie, DK64 or especially Conker's Bad Fur Day. All of them were amazing games.

Mario 64 is still one of the best platformers ever made.
Banjo-Kazooie was good
DK64 and Banjo Tooie were bloated
Conker had great humour

Super Mario 64 will always hold a special place in my heart right next to Michael, I grew up playing the game on emulators, I later evolved to playing on consoles. And I'm a 2010's kid lol.

I remember playing Mario 64 September 1996, it was a fun game, then other games came along the way like Mario Kart 64 and GoldenEye. We never own a Nintendo 64 until Christmas 1997.

My brother and I have loads of fun with out N64 games.

I remember playing Mario 64 September 1996, it was a fun game, then other games came along the way like Mario Kart 64 and GoldenEye. We never own a Nintendo 64 until Christmas 1997.

My brother and I have loads of fun with out N64 games.
I also have Mario Kart 64, I bought it this year, maybe with my Christmas money I'll get this year I can buy Ocarina Of Time or DK64

We got Super Smash Bros, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Bomberman 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Kirby 64, Mega Man 64, Glover, Conker’s Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario.

Got a few on Wii U that we loved playing and got a chance to play again that we don’t have a an N64 copy like DK 64 and Star Fox 64. But now we can’t play games off Wii U now, because the the A button got fried during a thunderstorm a few years ago.

Played those games again Switch Online, I’ve been playing a lot of Mario Party games off there like crazy for months.

Recommend me some N64 games that I should buy, fun fact Michael is in an N64 game

the boxing game?
I recommend F-Zero X, Ridge Racer 64, Wave Race 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majoras Mask
You mean “Punch-Out!! Ready 2 Rumble”?
I just found that Michael has a N64 kiosk.

michael-jackson-on-his-throne-next-to-his-n64-kiosk-v0-z9ol7mxgmdu91.jpg

the boxing game?
I recommend F-Zero X, Ridge Racer 64, Wave Race 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majoras Mask, Star Fox 64
I already love Ocarina Of Time, I used to play it on my Wii U but I stopped after I got stuck on one boss, but it holds a special place in my heart, the greatest video game ever. I've also played a bit of Majora's Mask and it's not that bad, I love the Ben Drowned creepypasta. I haven't played Star Fox 64 or F-Zero X yet but I know those are popular, same with Wave Race 64, I've never heard of Ridge Racer 64 before.

I was really disappointed by SM64 and its successors on other consoles - except SM 3D World, which wasn't bad at all.

On the other hand I loved all Rare titles on the N64. Banjo Kazooie, DK64 or especially Conker's Bad Fur Day. All of them were amazing games.
None of them as good as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!

None of them as good as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!
Those are also on my wish list, I want the complete N64 experience, I should also stop procrastinating on doing the 100 stars mission in Tick Tock Clock 💀

I should mention that I’ve tried to beat Super Hard mode on Pokémon Puzzle League on N64 for years and I still haven’t beaten it. It was so frustrating that I almost beat Mewtwo almost everytime. Until when I played the same game on Switch I finally beat it.

I should mention that I’ve tried to beat Super Hard mode on Pokémon Puzzle League on N64 for years and I still haven’t beaten it. It was so frustrating that I almost beat Mewtwo almost everytime. Until when I played the same game on Switch I finally beat it.
Yeah video games, no matter which one it is and how much you personally love it, can be a real pain in the ass, basically me with Ocarina Of Time, I haven't pick that game up in 2 years because of the Shadow Temple boss.

Yeah video games, no matter which one it is and how much you personally love it, can be a real pain in the ass, basically me with Ocarina Of Time, I haven't pick that game up in 2 years because of the Shadow Temple boss.
Yeah I get what you’re saying, you come up with different strategies to win and couldn’t crack and the game would just get at you, often cheating even.

Bro hasn't played Odyssey

Back