Teddy Riley Interview: Unreleased song Joy sung by Michael Jackson will be given to Estate!

Looks like Teddy is NOT giving the song to The Estate after all, guys.

EDWARD TEDDY RILEY ?@TeddyRiley1 3h
@dbrownthegreat Still looking for it fam. I will keep you posted.

No Name No Name ?@nonameforme23 3h
@TeddyRiley1 @dbrownthegreat did you give it to the estate yet?

@nonameforme23 Oops not doing that.

Well, if it's really meant this way, I'm sure he can expect some angry fan messages. But why would he talk about his only Mj-Dangerous outtake in an interview, promising to give it to the Estate and suddenly changing his mind? I don't get Teddy sometimes.

By the way: Are former MJ musicians, who have unreleased tracks in their posession, obligated by law to give a copy to the Estate? I'm sure the Estate can't release anything without the permission of co-writers, but as the representers of MJ, don't they have the right to receive what belongs to MJ?

Of course not .. like I said above when I first heard the story, I don't trust a word that comes out his mouth. In fact I doubt he even has it.

Wow what a liar

Well, if it's really meant this way, I'm sure he can expect some angry fan messages. But why would he talk about his only Mj-Dangerous outtake in an interview, promising to give it to the Estate and suddenly changing his mind? I don't get Teddy sometimes.

By the way: Are former MJ musicians, who have unreleased tracks in their posession, obligated by law to give a copy to the Estate? I'm sure the Estate can't release anything without the permission of co-writers, but as the representers of MJ, don't they have the right to receive what belongs to MJ?

That's the thing. Do we really know that Joy is the only outtake he has? It seems that Teddy lies and/or screws with the fan base, so we really can't believe anything he says unless he provides evidence.

Regarding ownership of Michael's unreleased material, as far as I'm aware, there's no obligations. Soon after the signing of the 2010 Sony contract, McClain and Branca underwent a huge lockdown on any unreleased, unheard and unleaked material known to exist. They put out several calls to people who were suspected of having unreleased music. Some, like Cory Rooney and Eddie Cascio, came forward and handed things in. Others completely stonewalled them and refuse to hand anything over until McClain and Branca step down. I think the only thing musicians/collaborators are obligated to do is obtain the estate's permission if they want to release, leak or preview any unreleased songs.

Last edited:
Please Note: You are welcome to discuss Teddy Riley and the song Joy as that is the topic of this thread. but Please do not bring Cascio track discussions into this thread. We have a designated thread for that discussion in the Controversy forum. Your posts have been moved to that thread, so you can continue your discussion in there. Further posts bringing that discussion in here, can and will be edited, moved or deleted without notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Michael - The Great Album Debate
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/99883-Michael-The-Great-Album-Debate

Back