Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
If you had to choose one musical producer for Michael's new album (after TII tour), who whould it be? Jerkins or Riley? Who do like more?

And why? As for me, I consider Teddy as one of the best things, happened to MJ. He literally helped Michael to gain on some new level. I think Riley opened a lot of opportunities for MJ to sound like true himself. Like he always wanted to be. As we all know Quincy Jones bounded Michael's vision a little bit, thats why he had to find somebody else. And TR was a perfect replacement for that. He did a perfect work during Dangerous sessions. Moreover! He did a perfect work after MJ death, during production of first posthumous album (cascio tracks is not counted 😅) But there we go to Invincible album. The Jerkins Debut. And damn...He did so many cool songs with MJ. Unbreakable, Invincible, Threatened. I like this rough and specific soundings of his tracks. Comparing with TR, I think that RJ songs sounded more roughly and dancingly, while TR's sounds more tender and souly (well, Heartbreaker bridge sounds souly too, but that's exception:unsure:). So I would rather choose Jerkins. But all in all i can see that these producers works perfect tohether. I mean, not literally together,😅 but when they're doing their stuff in one album, making it sound more widely.

I thought this was going to be a thread about who was MJ's best producer and I was about to say "neither. Brad Buxer." but if it's about who would I pick to produce the next album it'd be Teddy Riley easily. Rodney ruined Xscape with his remix and I wouldn't trust him to make more remixes.

I thought this was going to be a thread about who was MJ's best producer and I was about to say "neither. Brad Buxer." but if it's about who would I pick to produce the next album it'd be Teddy Riley easily. Rodney ruined Xscape with his remix and I wouldn't trust him to make more remixes.
Ruined? I actually like both versions) Well, orignial version sounds better, but 2014 version is more modern)

Teddy no doubt.

I like Darkchild, but Teddy just got Mike's sound and feel. I always wish Teddy had done the updated version of Slave To The Rhythm

Teddy 100 %

the production on Hollywood Tonight was perfection.
Whenever I listen to Hollywood tonight I always say to myself “wow. This is really on the same level as many other MJ songs production wise”. He did a phenomenal job with that song and it’s as close to perfection as it gets.

Teddy Riley hands down!
(just popped on here to say this !)
love you Teddy :cool: )

I wouldn't pick either one. (IN MY OPINION)

MJ didn't need to stick with the same people too long. Otherwise he might as well have kept up with Quincy. Coincidentally he was talking about doing just that at that time. But still.

I liked that he had a different group each time. Neff-U was a decent starter place, and Akon and MJ had great chemistry, I would've liked to hear more of what they were gonna do.

Will I Am, people can complain about the remixes and miss the point of what I'm saying. But as a Producer, he is fine. His songs never be bad because of the music.

If we're just talking about which I prefer, well, I happen to be one of the few who seems to like both. Shocking, I know. People also forget that Rodney was the student of Teddy. One gave us Remember the Time, the other gave us You Rock My World. And both versions of Xscape are Rodney anyway, you're literally comparing him to him.

But I loved the HIStory era guys (Jam & Lewis, Dallas Austin) better than both, so, maybe y'all won't like anything I say anyway lol.

MJ didn't need to stick with the same people too long. Otherwise he might as well have kept up with Quincy. Coincidentally he was talking about doing just that at that time. But still.

I liked that he had a different group each time. Neff-U was a decent starter place, and Akon and MJ had great chemistry, I would've liked to hear more of what they were gonna do.

Will I Am, people can complain about the remixes and miss the point of what I'm saying. But as a Producer, he is fine. His songs never be bad because of the music.

If we're just talking about which I prefer, well, I happen to be one of the few who seems to like both. Shocking, I know. People also forget that Rodney was the student of Teddy. One gave us Remember the Time, the other gave us You Rock My World. And both versions of Xscape are Rodney anyway, you're literally comparing him to him.

But I loved the HIStory era guys (Jam & Lewis, Dallas Austin) better than both, so, maybe y'all won't like anything I say anyway lol.
A different flow in your reply but i like it.
i agree with three things. Jam & Lewis are amazing, I agree Akon & M had a wonderful growing friendship there,
I have much respect for Will. I .am artistry and what he can do, one more chance is a great tune.

you are damn right, my friend. but, first of all, i thought Akon & MJ had only one track in collab.... Which has two versions of it (album and MJ solo, which we didnt have a chance to hear yet). Secondly, William's remixes are perfect! Why people keep hating them? The only bad remixes in MJ dicrography you can see are remixes from BOTDF album. They suck. But remixes from 2008, 2012 and especially from 2014 are awesome!

I will take Teddy followed by Rodney lol. Hoping Rodney has a few gems to share someday.
as far as i remember, there is only one song, made with Rodney left.... Get Your Weight Off of Me... The song, most fans would die to hear

Just want to say me picking Teddy doesn't mean I hate Rodney lol. I just think Teddy seems to have a better approach when it comes to finishing tracks. (from what I've seen so far, anyway).

Back