Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins?

you are damn right, my friend. but, first of all, i thought Akon & MJ had only one track in collab.... Which has two versions of it (album and MJ solo, which we didnt have a chance to hear yet). Secondly, William's remixes are perfect! Why people keep hating them? The only bad remixes in MJ dicrography you can see are remixes from BOTDF album. They suck. But remixes from 2008, 2012 and especially from 2014 are awesome!
They were working on a multitude of ideas together, Hold My Hand is the most developed one they came to pass together.

As for the remixes, I quite enjoy PYT 2008, overall. TGIM 2008 isn't any better or any worse than the actual song to me, two different moods, the solo version is still the best to me lol. I don't get into WBSS 2008 with Akon (Which is another idea of theirs, actually), but it's not a bad song exactly. Billie Jean 2008 is quite slack considering what Kanye is capable of. And Beat it 2008 is plastic and dates the song immensely. It's actually hilarious. I like the new gongs at the beginning though.

And BOTDF has some great remixes! Scream Louder, 2 Bad Refugee Camp Mix, and HIStory by Tony Moran are all pretty good and catchy. The others are of their time.

Just want to say me picking Teddy doesn't mean I hate Rodney lol. I just think Teddy seems to have a better approach when it comes to finishing tracks. (from what I've seen so far, anyway).
He did better on the Casio tracks then Hollywood Tonight to me lol. Hot Take, but fake vocals aside, it's still more respectful than censoring and changing the lyrics. That seems outright infidel in behavior.

He did better on the Casio tracks then Hollywood Tonight to me lol. Hot Take, but fake vocals aside, it's still more respectful than censoring and changing the lyrics. That seems outright infidel in behavior.

Yeah, I was more talking production wise. The whole changing lyrics and censoring thing I condemn fully lol.

Yeah, I was more talking production wise. The whole changing lyrics and censoring thing I condemn fully lol.
Production wise he did fine, it just.... Doesn't have MJs touch in it to me. But it skirts the line. I guess it's not any different than how Quincy sanitized the Bad album tracks versus their rawer forms.

I have a feeling that whoever he was planning to work with in the future, it prob would have not been those two, maybe Jerkins at a push.

All depends on who was current at the time, I would have loved to see MJ work with Daft Punk or someone like Max Martin - guaranteed hit

I have a feeling that whoever he was planning to work with in the future, it prob would have not been those two, maybe Jerkins at a push.

All depends on who was current at the time, I would have loved to see MJ work with Daft Punk or someone like Max Martin - guaranteed hit
It amuses me seeing you suggesting a Swedish producer.

Now I like Rodney jerkins,he did some great songs on invincible,but i have to go with Teddy Riley since the 90's my year,plus the 90's had better music in my opinion,teddy brought the new jack swing out of michael Jackson

If you had to choose one musical producer for Michael's new album (after TII tour), who whould it be? Jerkins or Riley? Who do like more?
I honestly think Michael would’ve partnered up with an entirely new producer after This Is It; as for who it could’ve been, I have a few ideas.

Last edited:
I honestly think Michael would’ve partnered up with an entirely new producer after This Is It; as for who could that be, I have a few ideas.
He was working with Will I am and Akom while he was rehearsing for This is it , yesterday i heard he was working wkth Neyo too

I honestly think Michael would’ve partnered up with an entirely new producer after This Is It; as for who it could’ve been, I have a few ideas.
Seeing how Neff-U replaced Brad Buxer after his departure and Brad was MJ's go-to producer for anything solo, I think he would've stayed with Neff-U for a long while.

He was working with Will I am and Akom while he was rehearsing for This is it , yesterday i heard he was working wkth Neyo too
Will.i.am, Akon, Ne-Yo, Neff-U, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate (didn't actually work with but was negotiating), Rod Temperton, Michael Prince, Eric Kirkland, Steve Porcaro, John Barnes and many others. He was working with all sorts of people in the last years of his life.

Will.i.am, Akon, Ne-Yo, Neff-U, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate (didn't actually work with but was negotiating), Rod Temperton, Michael Prince, Eric Kirkland, Steve Porcaro, John Barnes and many others. He was working with all sorts of people in the last years of his life.
Well I heard that he was working with Will.i.am I guess that was just a rumor

And you're right, I'm just stating who else he was working with during his final years, the list was huge. Would've loved to see the result with all those new and old collaborators.
Yeah,
And you're right! I'm just stating who else he was working with during his final years, the list was huge. Would've loved to see the result with all those new and old collaborators.
Yeah I actually never knew of everyone who he actually worked with,I just know of the people I mentioned like will.i.am. and Akon

Darkchild is a great producer no doubt, but I think he would have benefitted from Mike being present and dedicated, like he was more so with Teddy on Dangerous 10 years earlier

Some of Darkchild's cuts are brilliant though

Darkchild is a great producer no doubt, but I think he would have benefitted from Mike being present and dedicated, like he was more so with Teddy on Dangerous 10 years earlier

Some of Darkchild's cuts are brilliant though
Yeah Rodney jerkins is very creative,I like his style, but in my opinion teddy Riley got him beat

Teddy made an entire genre (that's sadly mostly out of trend but still wildly influential). Rodney made multiple hits for multiple stars past and present in a genre that's still ongoing. It depends what your criteria is.

Darkchild and Teddy only MJ album would be perfect.

Back