The album Blood on the Dance Floor should have been called Ghosts.

Spaceship

Proud Member
It came out the same month as the Ghosts movie did worldwide. Would make more sense to name it after the movie and song. Plus it's only one word like MJ's albums since Off the Wall. The subtitle would be "History in the Mix" of course.

Also put "On the Line" on it instead of "Superfly Sister". All of the Bryan Loren tracks should stay in the vault where they belong #trash

But you just said it's the worst song ever made by a human being... something's gotta be wrong with it then. 😭

but don't hold back, at least i can handle the criticism, even for a song I like, like On The Line. (unlike the toxic fans who think Invincible is the absolute undisputed holy grail of his albums and call others fake fans if others have a different opinion on it. but that's a discussion for another time and place. 😗)

But you just said it's the worst song ever made by a human being... something's gotta be wrong with it then. 😭

but don't hold back, at least i can handle the criticism, even for a song I like, like On The Line. (unlike the toxic fans who think Invincible is the absolute undisputed holy grail of his albums and call others fake fans if others have a different opinion on it. but that's a discussion for another time and place. 😗)
I just wanna get under this guy's skin somehow, that's all.

I just wanna get under this guy's skin somehow, that's all.
Honestly? I don't think it's worth it. If you're annoyed by somebody, best to just keep 'em on the ignore list.

Won't say who, but I had a run-in with some other weirdo here TWICE and almost quit MJJC for good because he just thought it was a good idea to run his mouth on me for no damn reason. 💀 You may already know who it is, but... Shhhh. 🤫

Don't make a space in your mind for such people. It's just not worth it. Haters just gonna hate. 🤷‍♂️

'On The Line', which is a ballad, could not coexist (in the same album) with all the other uptempo new songs and remixes.

'On The Line' would only have made sense in that album as a remixed/danceable version of that song.

Also, the 'Blood On The Dance Floor' album is not a studio album, which seems to explain why (unlike his other studio albums from 'Thriller' onwards) they did not name it with only one word.

I quite like the title as is, the album cover matched the video and the more adult theme in general. Blood On The Dance Floor sounds very Michael Jackson too

I see what you mean from a promotion stand point though, but at the time I thing fans liked the fact that it felt more like two seperate projects rather than one big project

Blood on the dance floor is a cooler title plus it was a remix album with dance floor fillers 😉

As for On The Line, I've always enjoyed the vocals but the track itself seems like a Boys II Men b-side

Two of the five songs on the album are occult-themed, so "Ghosts" fits more famalam

Even "Is It Scary" would be better than "Blood on the Dance Floor"

Two of the five songs on the album are occult-themed, so "Ghosts" fits more famalam

Even "Is It Scary" would be better than "Blood on the Dance Floor"

Yeah cause the best thing Michael could release post 1993 when the press were all over him for scandal and supposedly destroying himself with plastic surgery was an album called "Is it scary" 🤨

all of the songs are dance themed.

Yeah cause the best thing Michael could release post 1993 when the press were all over him for scandal and supposedly destroying himself with plastic surgery was an album called "Is it scary" 🤨

lol he wouldn't have done the Ghosts video by that logic

all of the songs are dance themed.

Neither "Morphine" nor "Is It Scary" are dance

Why are you trying to speak for him
Why are you so adamant I'm male?? I'm not.
Also dance themed equals something you can dance to!

Again I do pose the question from another thread: do you like anything Michael released or do you think every title, tracklisting and song should have been changed to cater specifically to you, and your liking alone? :rolleyes:

this could've been Blood on the Dance Floor
1. Blood on the Dance Floor
2. Morphine
3. Superfly Sister
4. Ghosts
5. Is It Scary
6. Serious Effect
7. Monkey Business
8. If You Don't Love Me
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
10. Slave to the Rhythm

Back