The BASS thread

Interesting. I wonder how that line-up came to be. Singularly, in and of itself, it isn’t anything to raise your eyesbrows over, since these were highly sought after studio musicians. But the combination of all of these names, on the other hand – it could just as well be the credits for a Thriller track!

I don’t know what to make of it. Perhaps it could be that Rod somehow pulled the strings? But then he rightfully should’ve been credited as executive producer… 🤔
I don't suppose we'll ever know. The songs on the album were recorded between 1978 and 1980 and the Carpenters' had been so successful they would always have had access to the best of the best. This isn't the sort of thing I'd want to read about but it is exactly the sort of thing I love to hear about in an interview. But I don't think people get asked that sort of thing so there probably isn't anything out there. :(

EDIT - this little bit here, about the solo album, seems to be suggesting that Michael Brecker also worked with her. 😲

I used to love the Brecker Brothers!

Last edited:
I don't suppose we'll ever know. The songs on the album were recorded between 1978 and 1980 and the Carpenters' had been so successful they would always have had access to the best of the best. This isn't the sort of thing I'd want to read about but it is exactly the sort of thing I love to hear about in an interview. But I don't think people get asked that sort of thing so there probably isn't anything out there. :(

EDIT - this little bit here, about the solo album, seems to be suggesting that Michael Brecker also worked with her. 😲

I used to love the Brecker Brothers!

Wow! Peter Cetera wrote one of the tracks! And there’s a Paul Simon cover!

Back