The Beatles!

There's like about a minute from each song. Yeah, Michael wasn't on stage. It was probably Greg's idea. Wasn't the medley slightly different every night? All professional musicians can play Beatles songs, they probably just chose the ones they liked playing the most (not all of these songs are based around an instantly recognizable riff).
Ok, I just found something out...

Greg Phillinganes played keyboards and backing vocals when he toured with George Harrison and Eric Clapton in Japan in 1991.

A live recording of this was the last album released before Harrison died. And it includes Taxman.

And the Clapton connection may also explain Layla appearing on the Bad concert at Wembley.

The four Beatles members will be the subjects of a quartet of upcoming biopics telling the band's story from each perspective.

The upcoming feature films about John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr were conceived by Sam Mendes, who directed American Beauty, 1917 and two James Bond films, Skyfall and Spectre. Mendes will also direct the four new Beatles movies, which are scheduled to be in theaters in 2027.

Looks like overkill to me

They should do an extra film with the 5th Beatle George Best

I don't think a Beatles biopic is that necessary. They are very well documented. The Fab 4 are probably the most written about music recording act of all time. Over the decades there have been at least a thousand books about them, group & solo, and also the people around them like Pete Best, Astrid Kirchherr, George Martin, Yoko Ono, etc. There's also a lot of documentaries and they're still written about in magazines. There have been a few movies about the early Beatles like Backbeat & Nowhere Boy, because they don't have to get any music approvals for actual Beatle music.

I think since this is approved by the remaining Beatles & Yoko & Olivia, the movies are probably gonna be sanitized, the wild stuff left out.

Looking forward to the Biopics. I've enjoyed what they have been doing with their re releases and various projects and I hope they are able to make something compelling with this one.

Loving these new mixes still, something I've been waiting on them to do for a long time.

Was hoping there would be a thread on this.

It's a very haunting track , so fitting for their final song. Listening to the track and watching the official video it is rather emotional with the history and impact the band had on the world.

One thing I will say is that the love and appreciation of The Beatles is still very much alive.
When I first watched the video I thought it was off putting and goofy, but on a second watch it kinda clicked and the humour came through along with the whole "now and then" meaning. I think Peter Jackson did a good job with it.

The footage of them recording the track is something I've wanted to see for a while.

Last edited:
New mixes are compressed in my opinion, the originals sound better if you can find them.
I'm not really a fan of the original mixes at all. Find them dated and harder to listen to. The new ones could be less compressed though, agreed.

Last edited:
This is a "beatles" thread so instead of making another thread I'm just gonna post this here.

Been listening to John's demos a lot recently, most of which have never been released.

Some are really interesting

Seems like this one could have had some parts recycled to use in "I'm Losing You"

Also, speaking of "I'm Losing You", I think the initial cheap trick version is much better, from vocals to instrumental, and it's a shame he didn't release that one, although it wouldn't fit with the sound of the album so I get why he re recorded it.

Last edited:
This is a "beatles" thread so instead of making another thread I'm just gonna post this here.

Been listening to John's demos a lot recently, most of which have never been released.

Some are really interesting

Seems like this one could have had some parts recycled to use in "I'm Losing You"

Didn't like the lyrics, jury is out on his vocals but I did love the piano. :)

Back