The bedroom photo's - what they tell us about Murrays neglect

Goodbye Michael

Proud Member
Ok i'm no expert and these are just thoughts, but what do you think. Murray said in his interview with police that he elevated jacksons legs (stopping cpr), the purpose of this is to try and get blood back to the heart, but that he wishes he could have kept the legs elevated but he didn't have anything available to keep the legs up. In the bedroom photos, jackson has clearly at least 2 decent sized pillows and what appears to be a cushion (i remember seeing one in one of the photos). Surely these would have been sufficient enough to keep the legs elevated.

Did murray take the pillows out from under jacksons head to perform cpr? to open the airway you need to tilt the head back, the photos indicate the pillows are still at the top of the bed...the first thing you would do to get the head tilted back would be to remove whatever was currently tilting the head forward..ie the pillows.

Also, during surgery you are certainly not given a pillow. I may be wrong about this but isn't a concern of propofol that it can effect the respiratory system, stopping breathing. Why would jackson be put under with this drug and still be allowed to sleep on a pillow if the main concern is keeping the airways open so as not to have respiratory problems, having your head tilt forward on a pillow is certainly not a good way of keeping the airway open..

There are so many posts here so i apologise if this is in the wrong section or has been posted before...cheers.

Well another thing I noticed is that in order to perform CPR and get a good compression the WORST place you can be doing it is on a soft surface, the bed. He needed to be on the floor performing CPR. Whether or not he needed to have his legs elevated would not matter as long as he was still on that bed.

what i want to know is if murray took out or turned off the iv in time to stop the excess flow of propofol drip the was going before starting his version of cpr. or did he take it out when he decided to elevate the legs hince pumping more propofol in the man during cpr. you never know if he panicked or not or was he thinking clearly. it has everything to do with how much propofol was found in michael's system. i didnt see that question asked or answered.

you never know if he panicked or not or was he thinking clearly.

Doctors are trained not to panic in these situations... otherwise they would make pretty sh1tty doctors...

Oh wait... :scratch: I almost forgot who we were talking about.

The dumbest person on the street knows how to perform cpr. NOT ON A SOFT SURFACE AND TITT HEAD BACK TO CLEAR AIRWAYS. what the hell was he doing? Personally, I havent been watching the trial. I cant... but seriously, what his is excuse for that?!?!?!

What Murray was referring to, about elevating MJ's legs (he referred to it as "auto-transfusion") while he was performing CPR, was putting MJ into the "Trendelenburg position." This is where you raise a patient's legs/feet to above the level of the heart, to increase venous blood flow from the lower extremities (legs) to the heart. It's generally used in the case of a patient have very low blood pressure. From what I've read, putting a patient into Trendelenburg position during resuscitation for cardiac arrest is controversial and isn't something that's taught. In a hospital setting, to put someone into this position, hospital beds are designed specifically so that with the press of a button so that the head of the bed will lower and the foot of the bed will be elevated.

If Murray was so concerned with keeping MJ's legs elevated, he could have easily moved his torso down onto the flat, hard floor beside the bed and left his legs up on the bed, that would have been very simple for him to do.

When I used to work in the hospital, I was about 140 lbs and I recall one patient I had; she was about 90 lbs (very emaciated due to her disease process) and I would get her up from her bed and onto the commode beside her bed. I would do this all by myself. She was only very minimally able to assist because of profound weakness so I was pretty much doing all of the work. For Murray to claim he couldn't move MJ (who weighed only 136 lbs) down onto the floor is absurd. Plus in most emergency situations, people get a rush of adrenaline and can often lift things they normally couldn't lift (eg: stories of people lifting a car off of someone).

I suspect he did NOT want to remove him from the bed because the IV tubing wouldn't have reached that far, well, it would have had he lowered the height of the pole but perhaps he didn't even consider that. There had to be a reason he didn't want to move him.........other than he was just really clueless.

I think he didnt move him cause he knew he was gone. So just waited till he had an audience ie alberto and as he said in his interview it was like he was telling alberto to hurray up and get off the phone once the 911 operator said put him on the floor. so he made it look like he cared

hi elusive. i just wonder why murray would allow pillows when administering propofol..to me its just more proof of negligence. if respiratory problems is a major concern when administering propofol, why restrict air flow in the first place by allowing the patients head to tilt forwards. anyone can try it, with your head forward your airway is restricted. tilt your head back and breathing is easy. why did michael have pillows..everything was done wrong. i will never understand it..murray, klein, "adams", who ever....there is a duty of care that nobody followed through with.

Back