The big Michael Jackson musical tribute thread

Smooth Criminal / Dangerous again. Different routine.

United States Team Tech French Open 2022

3m 51s

OK, but can you do this?

"The USA Women Team Acrobatic won Bronze at the World Aquatics Championships - Fukuoka 2023 on July 17, 2023, performing on Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal"."

3m 19s

That opening pose before they jump in is awesome. Especially the girl doing the billie jean pose!

I think I can replicate this, provided the water is replaced by beer but I might drown and you better not resuscitate me!

That opening pose before they jump in is awesome. Especially the girl doing the billie jean pose!
:)

I think I can replicate this,
Good to know. You need to commit to wearing the Michael swim suit as worn by the Russian champions from London 2012 Olympics. If you can do that, we have a deal.

Looking forward to seeing your upside down moonwalk.

provided the water is replaced by beer but I might drown and you better not resuscitate me!
Noted. :ROFLMAO:

Glad it was in 2022, if I understand correctly.
Exactly. And the other one I posted is from 2023. I'm not knocking the one I posted of the Russian champions from London Olympics in 2012 - that was truly awesome - but when I see stuff like this and it's post-2019 it definitely is even more pleasing.

EDIT - ooh, I just noticed. The Italian rhythmic gymnastics thing I posted upthread, that was also 2023. :)

Last edited:
Posting in memory of FranƧois Glorieux who has died.

Here he is playing She's Out Of My Life at his 83rd birthday party - 27/08/2015

4m 20s

@zinniabooklover Michael performing a set with just Glorieux on piano, like what happened in that hotel with that random pianist, that would have most likely been my nr 1 MJ moment in his career.
That is such a great idea! My ongoing fantasy is Michael doing a series of low-key shows, not the big, glitzy spectacle in a huge stadium. I want the shows to be no more than 90 minutes and I want a section where it's just Michael's voice and a piano. I've always assumed I'd have Brad Buxer on piano. But this is a much better idea. Francois would bring a whole different vibe to the show, he would be perfect. Having said that, Buz Kohan has just jumped into my head. I wonder if that would have worked. šŸ¤”

I need to go back and revisit that interview you posted. I can't remember if Francois said him and Michael had ever had any plans to work together.

Thinking about this a bit more - you're right. It needs to be a whole show, not just a short section within a longer show. A whole hour or 1hr 20mins of Michael and Francois. It would have been magic.

So I donā€™t know where to post this so Iā€™ll post it here:
Apparently there will be a tribute show in Florida on Oct. 26 called Thriller, A Michael Jackson Tribute
So if anyone goes there, let me know if you enjoyed it or not. Thanks šŸ™ƒ

I've had Succar and Rava in my Amazon basket for over a year. Just can't bring myself to buy them - I guess I'm just extremely sceptical of the massive wave of MJ covers after the year 2009. It sickens me.

"The champion LSU Tigers dance team joined the Savannah Bananas for a spectacular halftime show, giving the sellout Alex Box Stadium crowd an amazing hometown show!!"

Smooth Criminal

1m 3s

@HollandGrandma

"And another Michael Jackson Tribute in the Netherlands this year, save the date Dutchies! October 15, Kennemer Theater Beverwijk

"This year Projectkoor presents Music and More in the IJmond:project Michael Jackson."Muziek en Meer" in de IJmond is known for its previous well-received projects in the local media such as: 'The Wall', 'Queen' and 'Genesis'.A choir of 55 singers, various soloists and a professional live band take you into a unique, dazzling show along all the well-known hits of the one and only 'King of Pop'. It promises to be a true 'trip down memory lane'!"

Back