The Confirmed and Rehearsed Songs for the 'This Is It Tour

KOPV;4223491 said:
When it comes to the setlist, let's not forget that it was us fans that voted for the songs.. they tried to incorporate what we voted for..

Considering how much "flack" invincible gets. Are we really surprised there was not much from that album on tour? Fans didnt vote for the songs

Thank you for stating what you did about songs from Invincible. Fans whine so much about that album, Is it any wonder that Michael wouldn’t include the songs? Btw, I am one of those fans who Still love that album. I could be wrong; but, I think a lot of fans were swayed by what the biased media and critics said about Invincible. IMO, if the critics had been positive and Sony hadn’t sabotaged the promotion, fans would have loved it.

somewhereinthedark;4223535 said:
Thank you for stating what you did about songs from Invincible. Fans whine so much about that album, Is it any wonder that Michael wouldn’t include the songs? Btw, I am one of those fans who Still love that album. I could be wrong; but, I think a lot of fans were swayed by what the biased media and critics said about Invincible. IMO, if the critics had been positive and Sony hadn’t sabotaged the promotion, fans would have loved it.

Then.Fans not voting for the songs,and an artist not performing those songs,gives no reason for anyone to whine about the promotion aspect.
Everyone's as guilty as Sony...

I Didn't know there was voting for the songs.because i got internet in 2009 June.i wonder which song were votable for the tour,

Yeah, not a single surprise in the set-list.

Cause he had not performed it since the BAD Tour, I'd say Dirty Diana was a surprise. Problem is that Michael had so many popular songs that his setlists get filled up really easily. I wish he could have done a show where he performed all the songs he never/hardly did

And because he said at the press visit.."I'll be playing the songs,you want to hear.."

I Think the songs for the London shows were perfect choice,but there are other great songs that never included.(Like Bad,Remember the time and More)
I Bet they would change the setlist a bit before the second leg starts.just like the HIStory world tour.Updates will be made on the main post soon with minor new information.

Before the very first rehearsals (or stage centering),State of Shock,Butterfiles and Smile were plannede for the tour,but these song probally never made any rehearsals.

Off topic:Recently Found a Different backdrop for the Jackson 5 medley on Facebook (only a screenshot)
https://i.imgur.com/08M0OMc.jpg
Are these come from the This is it Extras? Or published/leaked awhile ago.

To me the things I that I'd consider surprise are the songs he has not performed in a while like dirty diana, the 3d footage concepts, and how they worked different songs into edits.. the new dangerous having morphine sounds, thriller having threatened.. that type of thing.. before the only way hed work other music into the set list is between performances not in them

Off topic:Recently Found a Different backdrop for the Jackson 5 medley on Facebook (only a screenshot)
Wasn't that seen in the movie? Animation just before I Want You Back.

I hope they release a new edition of This Is It so we can see these:
37619188.jpg

michae22.jpg

Last edited:
This is the one that was seen in the movie. (the first 5 or 8 seconds of the video)
wXXYlc8.png

And this is the one i found.
08M0OMc.jpg

and sadly there wont be any new offical This is it releases.
The closets thing we could get anything from This is it
Is More HQ Band rehearsal audio posted by Jonathan Moffet.

I had tickets for the 14th January show and honestly as great as it would have been to see him play the likes of Dirty Diana, Human Nature (I love both dearly) again, the best part of the show would have been to see Michael back at what he does best, seeing him happy, healthy and back on form on stage

And because he said at the press visit.."I'll be playing the songs,you want to hear.."

I'm sure most fans wanted him to do songs that he has never performed before or songs that he barely performed, songs such as Who Is It, Remember The Time, Liberian Girl, Get On The Floor etc. But were they part of the show? No. This Is It had a set list that was a standard Michael Jackson set list with all the big hits, but no real surprises.

SmoothCriminal1995;4224104 said:
I had tickets for the 14th January show and honestly as great as it would have been to see him play the likes of Dirty Diana, Human Nature (I love both dearly) again, the best part of the show would have been to see Michael back at what he does best, seeing him happy, healthy and back on form on stage

I had tickets to July 10th 2009, moved to March 1st 2010 (I so wish it was just the original 10 dates). And honestly I was upset he wasn’t doing Bad, but I think the spectacle and scope of the show would’ve blown any of that out of the water. It truly was going to be unforgettable.

I think regardless of the set list, it would have been an amazing show and I so wish it had happened. I was happy to see Jam, Dirty Diana and a few others on there. I also love Invincible so I would have liked to see those songs performed. But like I said, regardless, it would have been amazing and I just wish it had been 10 fantastic shows, Michael in good health, happy and back to sharing his creativity

These were shared on Behance a few years back by somebody who worked on the show. It's a 2D sketch created before the 3D backdrop was made and finalized.

Back