The difference between a Fedora and a Trilby

analogue

Proud Member
It always annoys the hell out of me when I see people calling Trilbies Fedoras. In fact, calling a Trilby a Fedora is an insult to Fedoras.

FedoraVsTrilby.jpg

I think it's even more annoying when people (especially tribute artists) wear these small hats which look nothing like fedoras MJ wore but they think a hat is a hat is a hat. I hate it. It looks so ridiculous when folks wear for example the Billie Jean outfit and adding a trilby. Sorry I stop venting now. :D

I think people knew the difference when people actually wore hats. Not anymore. I see people call Michael's hat a trilby all the time in print.
Glad you made this thread though so at least fans will know the difference.
(I like both hats).

I would never wear a trilby, ever. I don't like the design, too small for a fedora, everytime I see trilbies I was like "Where the hell are the fedoras be?", I'd rather go for fedoras than trilbies.

I recently saw a Youtube video where a guy does the TWYMMF dance and explains it and he's wearing a Trilby. The difference it's obvious.

OH MY GOODNESS. I am so glad this bothers other people also! What is up with the trilby thing?! I mean, it takes away so much swagger from Michael's well thought out outfits, so why would tribute artists wear them...? Fedoras sooooooooooo much better, honestly. For sure.

Back