The Future of MJ's Music Releases / What do you guys want to see released?

BadAtGames42749

The one, and only, Le Sha'mone!
Country
United-States
Has there been any word from the estate about anniversary albums or more unreleased music albums coming? I know that they said that they had no current plans since the biopic is their main focus, but what do y'all think will be announced in 2025 when the movie is finished? I want to know what you guys are hoping for, and why! I'm curious. I personally want a HIStory and Invincible unreleased material album for their own respective release dates in 2026 (Invincible 25) and 2030 (HIStory 35).

They said they're looking into releasing new music along with the biopic so I don't expect them to release an album so shortly after the biopic's release. I think what's most likely to come next is a re-issue of HIStory with the remastered footage of the Munich concert along with it since that's what they had planned for HIStory 25.

Personally what I'd want to get the most is another Bad re-issue given the amount of outtakes the album has. One can only hope!

I want to know what you guys are hoping for, and why!
this:

As has already been mentioned, there is the possibility of an unreleased song being part of the soundtrack for the biopic. It seems a coherent and plausible idea, especially if it's a song with personal lyrics, which would give weight and relevance to both media. If that happens, that would be great, but what about after 2025? Limbo? Unfortunately, a third posthumous album seems very improbable.

I really wish they'd go back to the idea of releasing singles. Maybe two singles a year (obviously, not forever... LOL). I don't think that frequency would harm the estate. The release of a single doesn't have to follow a concept created posthumously and has less bureaucracy. Of course, there would be a process of contemporizing the track, but having access to the original version, everything is fine.

Using social media to promote is the most beneficial way to do this. I have friends who know Blue Gangsta, She Was Lovin' Me (Chicago) and Heaven Can Wait, but they don't know some of MJ's big hits. That's the power of the Internet! (Okay, that final sentence is cliché).

Last edited:
I want to know what you guys are hoping for, and why!
Not really expecting this, but I'd like to have everything from 1983 - 1987 period released in an unaltered state. Anything else I'd consider a bonus.

I'm thankful that neither dykwyca nor tyla were released in 2010 on that crappy album.

they could show the evolution of Smooth Criminal in the biopic and release Chicago 1945 and Al Capone on the soundtrack

Back