The King of Pop is dead - who is the heir (Really Good Article)

jamgirl86

Proud Member
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/28/ED8618EMJR.DTL

Stand the test of time

Today's pop music is good, but there's something empty about it. Songs are so fly-by-night that I can't think of one that will stand the test of time the way Jackson's "Thriller" did.
In part, there's no heir to the throne because the palace has changed. The very industry of pop feels manufactured and dull. It's rare to find solid gold music - dense with soul and bejeweled with originality.
So as we lay the King of Pop to rest, I'm both comforted and disappointed to admit, there's no one in sight who is even close to donning the crown.

He stands in a class of his own! There will never ever be another King Of Pop, thats Michaels title which he earned.

There is in my eyes only one possible, possible heir...that bein prince michael joseph jackson..i think the name alone is very interesting if you think of al the names it incorporates..There was thins thing that michael was going to bring him on stage, perhaps he saw a natural ability and has taught him things..we know nothing about this boy and he could carry on the legacy...i just wonder..it could be possible if he wants to go down that road...

Over the past 15 years I've heard new "Kings of Pop" proclaimed...they all disappeared after one big album. No one will ever come close.

The death of Michael is hitting people so hard in part because we all know this is true. There really is no one out there right now that is even close to approaching Michael Jackson's genius. Perhaps it's just impossible to have all of his qualities in one person at the same time. Michael was the great exception to the rule.

That is one hell of a fantastic drawing you have in your signature. Thank you for it.

margulies.jpg

Last edited:
Really, there is no one.

Since that fateful day, I've been thinking about it again and again and with all the soulless drivel being packaged and sold as music today, it is expected but also saddens me to say that nobody comes remotely close. No one.

God may raise/may be raising up another as we speak, but as of now, the throne is absent a successor.

No one else ... no way. I remember when people would say Usher was the new King of Pop. I haven't heard anything new from Usher in a long time. I don't actually know if he's released anything new lately, but if he has, I don't know about it ...

These threads do not really bring back good memories unfortunately

These threads do not really bring back good memories unfortunately
No, they're very close to that tragic time. But there are some grains of pertinent information maybe that can be gleamed still. Sometimes I think it's worth sharing. And, in a way, it is close to that time of year yet again, so perhaps it makes sense...

Back