The largest poll ever conducted, in 2000 roughly 10 million people voted on the best music Artist of the 20th Century (MJ related)

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
6DJIQkU.png

Ricky Martin?! No disrespect but Ricky Martin? It shows that this poll was taken in 2000.
Lol I was about to say! I believe he's popular among Latinos still, but outside of that community he hasn't had a hit for a long time now.

And why is Whitney at 0%!! Personal struggles are no excuse, Michael had those too!

Ricky Martin?! No disrespect but Ricky Martin? It shows that this poll was taken in 2000.
ooh, Ricky! That world cup song he did. Yay!

Ricky was HUGE back then. Ricky was the King of Latin Pop. 1999 / 2000's was when he did the crossover to English language material, IIRC.

I need to go and post a photo, lol.

@Hiker look who is in the poll! Frankie boy Sintatra!
—
See I knew Ricky Martin (I guess because of the world cup, and then my general love for Latin music), but never heard of Sintara. So obviously Ricky Martin is more famous than Sintara! That's only logical.

See I knew Ricky Martin (I guess because of the world cup, and then my general love for Latin music), but never heard of Sintara. So obviously Ricky Martin is more famous than Sintara! That's only logical.
To be fair for people born in the last 3 decades or so I do think Ricky Martin is a more famous name than Frank Sinatra.
But everybody at least knows 1 or 2 Sinrata without realizing it, it is like classical music, everybody recognises the melodies but nobody knows who it is from.

To be fair for people born in the last 3 decades or so I do think Ricky Martin is a more famous name than Frank Sinatra.
But everybody at least knows 1 or 2 Sinrata without realizing it, it is like classical music, everybody recognises the melodies but nobody knows who it is from.
quite possible, if i went through his whole collection, I might recognise something. As of now I exclusively listen to Michael.

Back