"The last 15 years"

See Angelina Jolie adopts black kids it is okay. She isn't losing her whiteness but when a black man has caucasion looking kids they want to know what he is doing with those kids. This is not my statement Fox news and their pundits were wearing that fact into the ground.

If race isn't an issue, then why was it such a big deal that President Obama is the first black president???

And why does he get a daily bashing on American TV????

t
Tiger Woods is getting treated worser than David Lettermen, Bill CLinton and Charlie Sheen combined I wonder why that is? he is getting the OJ Simpson treatment.

I also can't believe how Tiger is being treated to. I mean people cheat and many mistress sometimes but they do not get raked over the coals like poor Tiger has. These people are acting like he killed Elin.

And Also If MJ was a white singer with the same scandals, that Peter King asshole would have not said the shit that he said either. I just have a feeling of that. Heck I think he was mad of the fact that there was a black man that has made it and is being celebrated.

And I think that MJ was an famous white singer some of the same people would have not brought the pedo shit left and right and try to downplay some of his achievements in music and entertainment.

I do think that that media does try to take down rich black folk, when they makes loads of money.

And Obama, is getting raked over the coals (although I am not a fan of the guy) for some things that was passed over from the other administration sometimes acting like the last one didn't have problems. Hell I can take legit Obama criticism but sometimes they go overboard. Like the he's not a US citizen type bull that he's going through.

I am so sorry for pulling the race card but It's the truth.

Last edited:
If that were the case then America wouldn't have elected a black president -- the 1st western country to do so -- so maybe it's the world media and self-hating Americans who like to perpetuate the myth that racism dominates the mainstream culture. Jimi Hendrix is regarded as the greatest guitar player, Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player, Tiger Woods the greatest golfer, Oprah the queen of day-time television, etc. "Playing the race card" is a lazy thinkers scape-goat for quick answers. I've just refuted your entire point in two sentences of examples. It's really absurd to say people don't want a black man as the best entertainer when they'll elect one to the most powerful position in the country.

:agree: USA is a huge place with many races and alot going on..it's up to the person to choose to embrace differences and look at the person for who they are.

Yeah they are the best at what they do also, but they still were somewhat targets for the media..look at Tiger Woods now..and look at Barry Bonds..When Barry broke the home run record..he got a lot of slack from the press, saying that Barry used steroids..Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace prize and people were saying that he didn't deserve it..I'm not saying that applies to all black people..but it applies to most..it is what it is..

Everyone who gets That Famous becomes a media Target.

They didn't like the fact that a MJ was black and that he was the greatest/most influential artist/entertainer of all time..it's very sad, but it's the truth..if MJ was white then he wouldn't have been hounded by the media..They didn't and still don't want to see a black man be as successful or better than artists like Elvis and the Beatles..but since MJ did that, they tried to tear him down..

I agree with you for the most part..because race boundries Had to be broken it needed be. except on the bolded part. thinking like that in the present day is going backwards. look what everyone has overcame why not keep moving forward instead of going backward with anger..

Last edited:
^^ Yeah everyone very famous becomes a media target, but the people who are the minorities get it the worse..someone explained it very well with the David Letterman situation and the Tiger Woods situation..and yeah I believe that the media didn't and still don't like the fact that MJ was/is the greatest entertainer of all time because he was black and that's why the media was/is always after him..racism isn't as bad as it was back then, but it still exists..I hate to say that though..

You can't deny the truth!!!!!!!!!

Michael was loved all over the world but attacks came only from two countries.......my home the UK and..................

Ummm, I'm not denying anything.
My post clearly states that this thread should not turn into a country-bashing thread, so please refrain from bashing any country. Thank you.

^^ Yeah everyone very famous becomes a media target, but the people who are the minorities get it the worse..someone explained it very well with the David Letterman situation and the Tiger Woods situation..and yeah I believe that the media didn't and still don't like the fact that MJ was/is the greatest entertainer of all time because he was black and that's why the media was/is always after him..racism isn't as bad as it was back then, but it still exists..I hate to say that though..

I agree and I hate pulling the race card (as a black girl myself) but I can't deny it.

BTW I love your siggy he looks handsome.:wub:

Michael Jackson is so different and so unique. He is the only one who really broke the racism. For example, when you think about Obama, the first thing in your mind is " oh, he is the black man" . but when you think about Michael jackson, you never thought about his race, you just feel he is him and he stands for all races. I am from asia and I always feel Michael and me are the same race. (I hope you guys can understand what I mean). When you watched the video, you can see wherever Michael went (asia, south america, europe, africa...), he was worshiped, and people all over the world give him the same love.

when someone had so much power and love GLOBALLY, the media felt threatened, and they were desperated to put him down. why the media always said Michael jackson had no fans after the trial; No one interested him; he cannot sing...... They did everything they could to defame Michael. without any evidence, the media still can convince the whole world Michael jackson was guilty.

I had never seen anyone got media's constant attack and insult like they did to michael. They even used specific camera angles and lighting to accentuate his nose, his cheeks and his skin tone, they are so so sick! Michael was tortured by media's inhumanity. It was not just the races, not just he was black. Only god know the reason!

Last edited:

Oh I agree with you, minorities do 'get it' in these days and I do not like it and i'm all up for changing it. Things such as this dirty word 'discrimination' sees no boundries. I'm just saying that I think atleast we as people have taken steps forward and have made changes. Now the media...It's hard to even see them as people these days because there's no truth left in the press. :)
I Like your siggy of Michael too..He just looks so....Casual -Classy..

Michael Jackson is so different and so unique. He is the only one who really broke the racism. For example, when you think about Obama, the first thing in your mind is " oh, he is the black man" . but when you think about Michael jackson, you never thought about his race, you just feel he is him and he stands for all races. I am from asia and I always feel Michael and me are the same race. (I hope you guys can understand what I mean). When you watched the video, you can see wherever Michael went (asia, south america, europe, africa...), he was worshiped, and people all over the world give him the same love.

when someone had so much power and love GLOBALLY, the media felt threatened, and they were desperated to put him down. why the media always said Michael jackson had no fans after the trial; No one interested him; he cannot sing...... They did everything they could to defame Michael. without any evidence, the media still can convince the whole world Michael jackson was guilty.

I had never seen anyone got media's constant attack and insult like they did to michael. They even used specific camera angles and lighting to accentuate his nose, his cheeks and his skin tone, they are so so sick! Michael was tortured by media's inhumanity. It was not just the races, not just he was black. Only god know the reason!

I understand your post. call me crazy but when I think of Obama the first thing that comes to my mind is that I think he has good long term ideals. (most wouldn't agree with me on that.) I have a huge problem with the media.. and when it comes to Michael... erghh..They were and still are snakes to say the least towards him.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but it wasn't only the past 15 years, it was basically the second half of his life, starting with the Bad era, you could say. It seems to me that he was becoming slightly less of America's darling entertainer the 'more weird' he became, even though Dangerous sold out of stores, he performed at the Super Bowl, etc. Which I believe is why it wasn't so hard to tear him down when the allegations came out.

But yes, it was really bad for him in America - and those awards he won when Invincible came out were like 'retirement' awards I call them - awards that recognized his past successes instead of his current ones.

Not trying to be harsh just stating my opinion only we all can get along “with love”

To me it seems that the last 15 years was hard for him first of all after the birth of his two children the media had a field day I personally felt “not using the race card” but he had children from a blonde hair n blues eyes white female witch made a lot of people judge his character for no reason when he see color what I mean is he wasn’t about black or white he was for all races the world stood still a little when he had children because the misunderstanding of him they used the word “wired or called him ***** they even through at one point or another he was a h-sexually etc. When the trail started to take place he had his fans, and family behind him. I was very overwhelmed to hear the news mention the people he had representing him. It was sad and depressing to see him get ragged down through the media especially from people “who so called loved him” but still went publicly and dragged him at the end of the day it took June 25, 2009 for people to recognize what this black achievements and all the doors he open for blacks and whites. Those who ragged him had to come to grips with them self and had to deal their own consequences. He is very well loved nation wide just glad he finally knew that

Last edited:
But yes, it was really bad for him in America - and those awards he won when Invincible came out were like 'retirement' awards I call them - awards that recognized his past successes instead of his current ones.

:eek:k:....

Back