The Michael Jackson Case for Innocence Podcast

staywild23

Premium Member
Country
United-States
It occurred to me today that I've not seen anyone on MJJC talk about this podcast and I'm not sure why. In any case, if you are not familiar with it, this podcast launched in the fall with a mission of dissecting every allegation in incredible detail, ultimately building a case for Michael's innocence.

The creation of this podcast stemmed from a mother who felt increasingly uncomfortable with her daughter idolizing Michael Jackson, especially once Leaving Neverland came out. Her daughter was devastated by all the negativity about Michael and the mother was, understandably, conflicted about it. So she did a tremendous amount of research, reading all court documents, publications, interviews, etc. as they related to the 1993 allegations, the 2005 court case, and, of course, the Leaving Neverland doc and pertaining lawsuits. Ultimately through this research she determined Michael wasn't only Not Guilty in a court of law, but actually innocent.

While there are some elements of the production I don't love (the voices/scripted sound being one -- it took me an episode or two to get over this) the overall podcast is phenomenal. The organization, depth, level-headedness, fact checking, and just overall construction is commendable. I frequently avoid this topic because I just find it all too painful. But listening to this podcast every week has become a highlight for me. I love learning about what really happened and it has made me much more comfortable in general with thinking about and reading up on it myself.

Anyway, here are some relevant links for those interested:

Podcast website: https://www.michaeljacksoncaseforinnocence.com/

Twitter:

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5OFkjoLLWkCAmvqiy2HcoV

Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-michael-jackson-case-for-innocence-podcast/id1646277581

i love this podcast!! it deserves a lot of attention!
It really does! Yet I'm not sure any of the MJ fans I talk to regularly (both on this forum, but also off) listen to it. I understand why some people may not want to because it's a depressing topic. But the way it is approached here is wonderful and it makes me feel SO much more informed. I already plan to listen to it again after I complete it.

I started with the introduction-parts and the last episode. It is really great. I will also hear the other episodes.
We can truly be thankful that there are people like June and her mother who put so much work and energy into presenting the truth. Actually, such a fact check should be a matter of course for every journalist.

Last week I checked this thread and watched the vids in it. Really good lie-evidence from Robson & Co..

I started with the introduction-parts and the last episode. It is really great. I will also hear the other episodes.
We can truly be thankful that there are people like June and her mother who put so much work and energy into presenting the truth. Actually, such a fact check should be a matter of course for every journalist.
I agree with you completely. The depth of the research and the fact that it is completely source based and cited is impressive to me, not to mention the critical thinking and open mindedness. That SHOULD be the standard, but we know it's not. I feel confident that I could recommend this podcast to anyone and they will be able to see that it is largely unbiased with a serious effort made to present the cases as factually as possible. I also think the completely unemotional delivery (which at first really annoyed me) is a good call because you can definitely not say there is any kind of performance trying to get you to believe in Michael's innocence.

Last week I checked this thread and watched the vids in it. Really good lie-evidence from Robson & Co..
I will check this out too :)

The content is great, but why does the voice sound so mechanic? Is it AI? It's kind of difficult to listen to.

Back