The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

We can't complain it is a good success. Halloween music will never be as big as Christmas music, I think this is about the maximum result possible.
You are right. Halloween season is just the last 3-4 days of October, while Christmas season is like from start of November to the end of December. In the past two years, Mariah Carey reached number 1 with her overrated Christmas song “All I Want For Christmas Is You” during the Christmas season.

Michael didn’t release a Christmas song or album during his solo career and that was a big missed opportunity. The Jackson 5 version of the Christmas song, “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” does chart within the top 40-50 during the Christmas season, but sadly it isn’t as popular as some of the other Christmas songs.

@Nite Line

Do you know when one day in your life was last certified in the UK? It was a huge seller in 1981, pretty close to a million.

I checked the UK certifications https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/ and it is interesting for me Heal the world last certified as Gold on 01.01.1993 and I'm sure it should be platinum.

Thriller the single got platinum certification on 16.02.2018. It should be close to 2x platinum. What do you think?

But great to see the lot of new UK certifications (43 from 2018) to MJ in the last couple of years!

I checked the UK certifications https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/ and it is interesting for me Heal the world last certified as Gold on 01.01.1993 and I'm sure it should be platinum.

Thriller the single got platinum certification on 16.02.2018. It should be close to 2x platinum. What do you think?

But great to see the lot of new UK certifications (43 from 2018) to MJ in the last couple of years!
I would say that Thriller is the next song to go 2x platinum.

Also, if you look at the release date on the bpi website for songs such as Billie Jean, Beat It & Thriller, it says Nov 2004. Is that the date those songs were released digitally, because obviously these songs came out over 20 years before in physical format?

Not chart data (sorry all!) but still kinda cool to see when T40 hasn't even dropped everywhere yet (I'm still 3 hours away and counting down!)

Though in the US, Michael Jackson, Thriller 40, and various songs from Thriller have also been trending the last couple hours. So we'll see what tomorrow brings :)

Germany and Austria not caring about the release yet, it seems :D

Back