The Michael Jackson Letters/Notes Thread

n5a.jpg

:heart::pray::heart:​

Is the date on this legit? It says June 7 2009. I don't doubt the handwriting is - as it is he quoted this verbatim this in the 2007 Vibe interview. Or, did someone photoshop all this together? His handwriting is a challenge so I don't know. The letterhead seems dated, but who knows, he probably had some available.

Is the date on this legit? It says June 7 2009. I don't doubt the handwriting is - as it is he quoted this verbatim this in the 2007 Vibe interview. Or, did someone photoshop all this together? His handwriting is a challenge so I don't know. The letterhead seems dated, but who knows, he probably had some available.

It says 89 not 09 ;)

OHHHHHH ok
/blind

(I was just testing you! ;) )

I thought the "zero" looked funny!

Haha. I passed ;) I think, and I may be wrong, that it's from Moonwalk? You'd think I would know since it's buried in my shelf, but I can't be bothered to go digging for it :p

It's definitely not from Moonwalk. I got a first ediition when I was 15 and I have read it a hundred times. It's not in there. I have the re-issue as well but I've only looked through it once or twice. I like my old one better :)

I had 3 first editions, but I actually mailed one for free to a fan on here in Amsterdam back in January, so now I have 2 :) I think the first one I got back in 08? and then I found 2 other ones in a Value Village for under $10 post June 09. I haven't even seen what the new edition looks like :p

That's really kind to send it for free! First editions that are in good shape are going for hundreds on eBay right now (same with the Opus - I'm getting mine shipped to me from my home state and went to go value it quick for insurance - holy cow! They have doubled in value) but for those that don't know any better or with any wear and tear on the books are going for like $30.

The second edition isn't really that much different. There's a foreword from the ghostwriter which was actually kind of sweet, and I think a couple other notes and essays from others. A few extra photos. That's about it. The font is the same type but smaller, so that's weird. Like it's still the same pagecount, but there's more white space. It's the copy I lend to friends if they want to read it :)

^^i lent my original Moonwalk to a colleague back in the day, and she never gave it back-so I bought the new version. I like the piece by Shaye a lot.

But mine totally fell apart-I have a rubber band around it-so it's not bound well or I've just read it and read it too many times!!:)

That's really kind to send it for free!

Since I bought them for so cheap, and I already have my own copy, I wanted to pay it forward and give it to an MJ fan who would really appreciate it and perhaps may not be able to afford one and/or hadn't read it yet :) I still have my 2nd copy I'm giving away for free, so if anyone knows a fan (either on here or elsewhere) that would like it, I'm more than happy to give it away. Both the copies I gave / am giving away are in mint condition too ;)

Back