The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Re: A new musical inspired by the life of Michael Jackson is heading to Broadway!

As a theater kid and Broadway lover, I cannot understate how EXCITED I am for this.

KOPV

Proud Member
Re: A new musical inspired by the life of Michael Jackson is heading to Broadway!

MJ on broadway, why the hell not?

terrell

Proud Member

Wonderful. Like I keep saying, the RIGHTOUS will keep going strong. See how MJ is LOVED.

Hess

Proud Member

Great news.

I am happy to see the kind of people involved in this project - gives hopes for an amazing musical.

I would love to go to New York - so maybe this is my reason to finally go. 2020 - will be interesting.

I really hope it's gonna be good. - I think "Childhood" will no doubt be incorporated and it could be beautiful.

michaelsfedora

Proud Member

well well well, is good to know with so much time ahead where my vactions of 2020 will be... :rollin:

Hess

Proud Member

I think I will ude this opportunity to give a compliment to The Estate.

This is a tactical great move. Broadway is taken serious. MJ on Broadway will be a serious musical written and directed by recognized people.

This will be a great addition to his Legacy - and his music will reach new targets - and come out wide.

I just hope this musical will be a huge succes and go on tour around the world like some musicals do.

wednesday

I think "Childhood" will no doubt be incorporated and it could be beautiful.

That would be perfect! One Night Only kind of performance maybe. But sure is essential to tell his story.

wednesday

In my opinion it's just milking Michael. The artist himself is gone, and with him is any interest I have in projects that he is not involved in/ has no say in. That said, if peeps get to know his music through Broadway, good for them, I guess. I couldn't care for the Las Vegas show, so I'll see with this Broadway production.

KOPV

Proud Member

Broadway presence is not a bad thing.. if it's for money or whatever reason.. a broadway show representing Michael in a positive light.. come on how are we gonna bring out the bad in everything?

Annita

Proud Member

It`s a great move and hopefully as great as MJOne or even greater.
I did not see one review from a fan or a person other who saw MJOne, who was disappointed. It must be a sensational show and far better than the Immortal-World-Tour.

KOPV

Proud Member

Of course Michael would be very proud. He was a fan of broadway!

And for those who complain about the estate only doing this for money well... that's a good thing, we do realize that the more successful (money making) projects the estate takes part of helps right?

Any project we want takes funding, and the more money they make from MJ projects the more insured they'll be to do more projects and feel comfortable enough to invest into more stuff..

C

ChrisC

You can always rely on KOPV to stick up for the Estate! haha

any interest I have in projects that he is not involved in/ has no say in.

I know where you're coming from and I definitely felt that way about the animated special (which I still haven't seen). But to me the Broadway show idea works fine without Michael's direct input - I don't think it's necessary. To me, an outsider's perspective may even be more effective where a theatre production of this ilk is concerned. I think I look at the theatre/stage productions like MJ One and this as a tribute by nature, on a grand scale, and that's something I absolutely want to see. Whereas the animated special to me was trying to come off as something Michael 'would have done' or 'started the idea of but didn't finish'.

My only hope is that they do Michael's name justice and have a hit which is no easy feat. I do wonder where this will leave Thriller Live though IF this new show is a success.