The Rolling Stones

Graf

Proud Member
Any big Stones fans here? I've been getting into them lately, and definitely they are becoming my favorite band.

These are my top 3 most listened to at the moment..I'm discovering more and more as time goes! :)

Blackblue.jpg

ExileMainSt.jpg

LetitbleedRS.jpg

What are your favorite albums/songs? What albums would you recommend to a new listener?

I've always liked this video. It's crazy, lol.
[youtube]GugjdJzMePw[/youtube]

[youtube]OxHE876o3ME[/youtube]

:dance:

Aretha

This was produced by Keith Richards, and both he and Ronnie Wood play on it. Randy (AI) Jackson is on bass. I like it better than the original Stones version. I don't know why Whoopi is credited on the video label, she doesn't sing on it, lol.
[youtube]QsyaFlVlmCg[/youtube]
Live Aid 1985
[youtube]eTLgiROX5f8[/youtube]

Re: Aretha

This was produced by Keith Richards, and both he and Ronnie Wood play on it. Randy (AI) Jackson is on bass. I like it better than the original Stones version. I don't know why Whoopi is credited on the video label, she doesn't sing on it, lol.
[youtube]QsyaFlVlmCg[/youtube]
Live Aid 1985
[youtube]eTLgiROX5f8[/youtube]

Not heard the Stones version of that first song yet, but I like it :yes:

State Of Shock live, gotta love it :punk: ,I'm wondering if that was the only time Mick Jagger performed it..Wouldn't it have been amazing if Michael had done this live with Mick? :punk:

I couldn't find the original studio version, but here are a couple of live performances. It's actually titled Jumpin' Jack Flash without the g.
[youtube]psC6mk9ZTP4[/youtube]
[youtube]hxpfBWMOlOk[/youtube]

^ What's weird about that song is its not on any of their studio albums for some reason..That's probably why, It was released as a single in 1968.

It was common for acts at the time to release songs as singles that were not on an album. Other acts put non-abum B-sides on the 45 singles. Most of the Beatles singles were not on an album. Well not on the original non cut British versions anyway. The Beatles albums released in the USA during the 1960's were totally different, as Capitol Records chopped up the British albums and mixed singles with other tracks. That is why the group did that infamous "Butcher Babies" album cover as a protest that was quickly changed.

Back