The Short Film problem

Ganesh

Proud Member
After MJ's passing, the music videos/short films became a real problem. They often rehashed old footage and used random dancers doing cheesy MJ impressions. Not good.

If I were in charge of output I would have all videos animated in a Gorillaz style, featuring an animated MJ. This "avatar" would be the constant running through all of his future videos. It would be so easy to create awesome videos for Threatened etc. with an animated MJ that could do anything.

I think that would the be the least worst option which would present the most opportunities and one I think MJ himself would get behind.

They simply should have stopped making and releasing posthumous music videos after his demise.

For example, the 'Behind The Mask' music video looks very inferior and cheap compared to his released music videos when Michael Jackson was still alive.

Also, if all of his future posthumous music videos were animated in a Gorillaz style featuring an animated Michael Jackson, this would look very cartoonish and hilarious.

I think this is a great idea and all the moves and voice should be based on his actual movements and clips from his real voice etc. That’s the only way to get creative again. Award winning animated films.

Can we please take a moment to remember how atrocious last year’s Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ lyric video was?

I don’t have a whole lot of fate in the estate creating great animated content. The Halloween cartoon’s animation was not particularly good either.

Also, why exactly would you do a video for a song from Invincible, Threatened, which was not ever a single and which came out 22 years ago?

I definitely picture 'Seeing Voices' in Disney style animation with dancing animals!
And then let 'Streetwalker' be animated in 80's He-Man-style!

We don't need none of that. Thriller 4k looked like a brand new video. Once they remaster the original films...we will be good as new so far as his short films. Trust that's all we need. Nothing more

They simply should have stopped making and releasing posthumous music videos after his demise.

For example, the 'Behind The Mask' music video looks very inferior and cheap compared to his released music videos when Michael Jackson was still alive.

Also, if all of his future posthumous music videos were animated in a Gorillaz style featuring an animated Michael Jackson, this would look very cartoonish and hilarious.
Gorillaz actually made it pretty cool. They animated Elton John and he looked quite decent

After MJ's passing, the music videos/short films became a real problem. They often rehashed old footage and used random dancers doing cheesy MJ impressions. Not good.

If I were in charge of output I would have all videos animated in a Gorillaz style, featuring an animated MJ. This "avatar" would be the constant running through all of his future videos. It would be so easy to create awesome videos for Threatened etc. with an animated MJ that could do anything.

I think that would the be the least worst option which would present the most opportunities and one I think MJ himself would get behind.
Animated videos for Invincible. That's a great idea 😀👍

we dont need shortfilms, just visualisers like what Paul McCartney did for McCartney III & the "I'm only Sleeping" music video for the revolver reissue.

we dont need shortfilms, just visualisers like what Paul McCartney did for McCartney III & the "I'm only Sleeping" music video for the revolver reissue.
Stuff like this would be great. I've been loving the shorts that The Beatles have been doing for their reissues with the new mixes.

My confidence in the estate to make good ones is another thing altogether, though.

Back