The small moments you love

I adore this song but, ngl, I don't spend enough time with it. Back in the day it would come on the radio quite a lot which always made me happy. Can't tell you how much I love, love, LOVE this song. But I need to get my act together and give it more love, more time.

This one and Skywriter - the sound of 1973. :D

YES! Honestly, I am sad for anyone who doesn't spend time with the Motown discography. I have been losing my mind over J5 and solo Michael stuff for the last 2 months. There is SO much gold in there. I'm absolutely in love.

YES! Honestly, I am sad for anyone who doesn't spend time with the Motown discography. I have been losing my mind over J5 and solo Michael stuff for the last 2 months. There is SO much gold in there. I'm absolutely in love.
Same for me, though. Quite a bit I didn't know. If it wasn't released as a single in the UK I didn't know about it. It's only this year that I picked up on True Love Can Be Beautiful - that was f&m pointing me in the right direction.

It's dead exciting, having 'new' stuff to discover and fall in love with. 🥰

@zinniabooklover This is such an upbeat and happy song, little gems like these I must play more often. 🥰
Love this song so much. Ngl, my actual fave line in the song is:

"Sing along with the Jackson Five, yeah"

which is Jermaine. But the line I quoted in this thread is my fave 'Michael' bit. Not sure why it popped into my head today but I'm so glad it did.

OK, I literally just spent about 3 minutes staring at your siggy, lol. Michael approves of us loving this song. :D

"Myyyyyyyy priiiiiiiide!" on Wait, from Victory. You guys know the part I'm talking about.
Well, I didn't.

But I do now!!!

god, that was AWESOME. Gave me chills, the whole thing but especially Michael at the end, Jermaine and Michael trading vocals as only they can. And, yeah, that 'My pride' bit - 😲

Well, I didn't.

But I do now!!!

god, that was AWESOME. Gave me chills, the whole thing but especially Michael at the end, Jermaine and Michael trading vocals as only they can. And, yeah, that 'My pride' bit - 😲
I don't know the part! Can someone post it? I'm reading this in between classes and I don't want to forget!

@staywild23

Michael's 'My pride' bit is at approx 3m 34s but you'd be wanting to listen to the whole thing. It's brilliant. It'll get you dancing, tho', so be careful, lol.

OH MY GOD. Was this a single?? I absolutely know this song! I don't know how I know it, but I definitely do and I love it!

Michael's 'My pride' bit is at approx 3m 34s but you'd be wanting to listen to the whole thing. It's brilliant. It'll get you dancing, tho', so be careful, lol.

I LOVE IT! Along with all of his ad-libs at the end! But really, all of this is gold :)

Thank you for posting it!

OH MY GOD. Was this a single?? I absolutely know this song! I don't know how I know it, but I definitely do and I love it!
It was barely released as a single in the UK and Canada, but didn't chart anywhere.

The fact that Jermaine and Michael are featured at the end indicates that it was certainly thought to have single potential when it was recorded. In fact, this song and Torture are the only two songs on the album where Jermaine is heard.

The whole Victory album is MJ (and the Jacksons)'s best-kept secret. All of the songs are great, including those MJ didn't have anything to do with. He did cowrite my favorite gem on the album, "The Hurt", but he doesn't sing on it.

It's best, when you play the record, to reorder the songs so "Be Not Always" closes side B instead of side A. It doesn't work right in the middle of an uptempo album, but it does work as a sort of solemn "prayer" at the end.

the last seconds of Killing Me Softly, the "with his song" I just so amazing, I rewatched that part so many times, I love it!
I'm sad that he immediately starts talking after that part in the original video version.

It was barely released as a single in the UK and Canada, but didn't chart anywhere.

The fact that Jermaine and Michael are featured at the end indicates that it was certainly thought to have single potential when it was recorded. In fact, this song and Torture are the only two songs on the album where Jermaine is heard.

The whole Victory album is MJ (and the Jacksons)'s best-kept secret. All of the songs are great, including those MJ didn't have anything to do with. He did cowrite my favorite gem on the album, "The Hurt", but he doesn't sing on it.

It's best, when you play the record, to reorder the songs so "Be Not Always" closes side B instead of side A. It doesn't work right in the middle of an uptempo album, but it does work as a sort of solemn "prayer" at the end.
The 'Victory' album is a mess, and reordering the songs does not help at all.

If there is any value to this album is because of the 'Torture' duet only.

Also, it makes no sense for a group to release an album in which each member basically has a solo song on it.

Even the album's title is ironic, because there was no victory for the Jackson brothers (as a group) at that time.

There were only disagreements, disputes, tensions and so on.

The 'Victory' album is a mess, and reordering the songs does not help at all.

If there is any value to this album is because of the 'Torture' duet
I used to be of the same opinion. For years, I assumed the album had nothing to offer, aside from the two hits that featured MJ on lead vocals. But then I realized MJ also sang back-up on Wait and co-wrote The Hurt, which gave me the impetus to listen to the whole album again, and it turns out every song rocks!

Yes, it's not a real "band" album, as each brother mostly just contributed songs they had been working on separately, but it doesn't matter how the album came about: what matters is how good the songs are, how good the production is. We only know the back story to the album because we're fans, but if you just put the record on, not knowing how it was made or the background story, the truth is that it rocks throughout. Every song is a winner. If anything, it's amazing that Marlon or Tito -- not people known for their songwriting chops -- managed to rise to the occasion and contribute such good numbers.

The Beatles' White Album is similarly basically a compilation of solo tracks. And nobody holds it against the album: it's just how it was made. Same with Victory. But do make sure to put Be Not Always at the end.

@kreen

I have always hoped an MJ sung version of the song would surface (the hurt) but I do like Jackie’s lead vocals as well.
From what I heard about the other brothers solo music they have included their personal best music on victory (which sounds logical because a jacksons album post thriller would obviously garner a lot of attention), I like the album a lot. I love the (dated) production. It is almost sacrilege but it is my fave Jacksons album (excluding Motown).

Thriller, when Michael dumps his popcorn with the person sitting next to him and he exits from the row of seats. It's just his physicality, the way he moves, his fluid movements. Just a few seconds, quite a low-key moment but I love it.

Thriller, when Michael dumps his popcorn with the person sitting next to him and he exits from the row of seats. It's just his physicality, the way he moves, his fluid movements. Just a few seconds, quite a low-key moment but I love it.
Speaking of Thriller, the way his eyes flicker in the light when he says "you were scared, weren't you?" Omggggggg

I meant to comment on what you actually wrote, too. I just got overly excited.

Anyway, I love this part too. I like when he dumps the popcorn, but there's also this particular way he stands and kind of maneuvers as he walks toward the aisle that I think you are referring to. And it's wonderful lol

I meant to comment on what you actually wrote, too. I just got overly excited.

Anyway, I love this part too. I like when he dumps the popcorn, but there's also this particular way he stands and kind of maneuvers as he walks toward the aisle that I think you are referring to. And it's wonderful lol
This is the *exact* bit I meant but at the precise moment of trying to describe it even in the most functional way, I felt inadequate and just couldn't. So I just threw out a vague reference to it and then ran away, lol.

he stands and kind of maneuvers as he walks toward the aisle
This exact moment. Just needed to emphasise this. 😲

Rihanna here emotes very well how you all would feel I reckon

Well, she is still upright and functioning as a person so, unfortunately, she does not reflect how I would feel or react 😭

I will add though that I do find this little clip totally charming. I love seeing how celebrities react to meeting him. Just sort of emphasizes how beloved he is!

Last edited:

nice words from the Williams family

nice words from the Williams family

Thanks for sharing, f&m.

Back