The Struggles Of Being A Gay Michael Jackson Fan

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
Okay as it's so ever-so-bluntly put in the title,I thought I'd discuss being a gay Michael fan and the three major struggles I've faced as one.

1.) Putting my significant other before Michael - While I am no stranger to dating guys,I do find it extremely difficult to put my significant other up against Michael. Why? Because Michael is so important to me. He's helped me through so much of my life growing up and maturing over the last nine years of my life. I think this is the biggest struggle because Michael is the most important man in my life (besides my father obviously).
2.) Finding love within the fan community - I do know there are gay Michael fans. It's clear as a diamond to me. However,the real struggle isn't necessarily finding a gay Michael fan to date. The real struggle is finding someone who lives where I live and it's not a long-distance relationship (which I refuse to do).
3.) Being an impersonator - I don't think this is entirely a struggle per say,but I'm not going to hide it from anyone that I impersonate Michael (along with a wide range of my favorite female singers) and I don't want that to turn someone off that I want to be with because my career (not only as an impersonator,but also as a cosmetologist) is absolutely meaningful to me.

I can tell you there are far more than these three struggles being a gay Michael fan,but I don't want to ramble you all to death lol.

Now, that was really brave of you, Neverland ranch dressing :agree:

All, I can say is if you're HAPPY with WHO you are then NO ONE can bring you down. Simply cause you can't change or hide your true self. It simple destroys you :unsure:

I admit, I can only think out of my point of view since I'm not gay but hey it's only a 'label' Hun :cheeky:
I do understand your struggle and your mindset cause when you're different you want to be accepted anyway.
It hurts when you can't find someone that really gets you.

Don't give up, just be your wonderful self and before you even realize it, someone that shares your 'soul' will pop up.

Life is so short that you don't need to struggle and suffer. Just do what makes you feel happy. Seek comfort in Michael :wub: and just shine and that would attract the right people in your life.

I know, I've been there done that.

I'm straight (just to pinpoint that :blush:) but I never found the right guy too cause I tend to compare them all to Michael but once you love Michael its tough to find someone else with his high standards and his charisma ;D. I also tried to find 'love' in the fancommunity but then the above also applied. Besides, it would not be fair towards the poor sot if he would come 2nd anyway.

Just be proud of WHO you are and shine. People will always critize you for being who you are or whatever talent you have. Rise above it. You were given that talent for a reason.

Anyway, have a great day, Neverland ranch dressing :better:

Back