There are 4 types of MJ fans, do you agree?

michael always said that melody was king. this is most evident on 'thriller'. take the demos for 'beat it' and 'the girl is mine' for example; they have no musical accompaniment and incomplete lyrics. yet it's the melody in the voice that forms the basis for the song. everything else is built upon that. the raw potential can be heard. that's the pop🤩 michael also made it popular for solo singers to stack and blend their vocals to create harmonies. he didn't need a group.

i don't think fans in my category are shrinking at all. they just might not be as active on fan forums or social media (or on them at all). it's worth remembering that the 'billie jean' short film has the most views on youtube, and 'thriller' is still his biggest studio album across all platforms🏆. this is also the sound that todays artists such as the weeknd and dua lipa, are still trying to replicate.

i do believe that there has been a conscious effort in the fan community for some time to minimise its success and artistic value, in favour of his later work. which is sad and false, and will never work..

I have Marlon's album and the remix single for Don't Go, it's alright. Jackie's albums are hard to find, especially the one on Motown. It's on Youtube though. The drum break on one of the songs on the 1973 album (Is It Him Or Me) was sampled a lot on rap songs. I have the Stay single from the 1989 album, but I've never heard the album.
Jackie's self-titled album isn't rare anymore. Despite it's never been released on cd it's available for download* in cd qualtity since a while.

*Jackie Jackson album@QOBUZ store

Back