They Dont Care About Us EXPLODING in popularity - becoming MJs most influential song? Re-release?

They Don’t Care About Us (2020)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PoEa9bzeTu0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know the new short film has its own thread, but I think it also belongs here. ;)

"They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has gained an estimated 100 million views on YouTube in 2020 alone.

Its a very fitting song with what's happening today. It's also one of my favorite songs, along with Stranger in Moscow. :)

My question, should the the Estate consider re-releasing the song
To be honest, this doesn't matter anymore. Physical is dead, there is no such thing as "releasing a single". People can just download the song. And since it's currently available, you already have what you want.

Besides, they did a terrible job the last time they re-released TDCAU.

What I want to accomplish is having MJs music being at focus again after the Leaving neverland nonsense. And to be able to that you need to normalize people discussing and listening to MJ again for that purpose this sad events could play into our hands as many people are now listening to They Dont Care About Us and do not give a darn about any allegations. And thats what we need, as soon as it becomes not stigmatized to listen to MJ, we have won a round.
I think people would just say Sony was jumping on the bandwagon. Having an "I Can't Breathe Remix" would just turn people against MJ.

Not every cultural event has to have an MJ soundtrack. These sorts of movements work better when they happen organically, instead of somebody dictating what they should listen to.

like r1chard said, they could by just putting it on an app. most people use that now. the only people who use physical copies are collectors now.

while i agree not every cultural event has to have an MJ song. i'm not against it. some of Michael music was made for it. he even said it himself. that was the point of some of his music. to spread peace and injustice. it was always like that.

Last edited:
"They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has now surpassed 6 million likes on YouTube. It's Michael most liked short film on YouTube (224th overall).

After the Military coup happened on February 1 in Myanmar, people have been protesting against the coup and the tyranny of the military against the people.

The protests over the coup have been the largest since the so-called Saffron Revolution in 2007, when thousands of the country&#8217;s monks rose up against the military regime.

Protesters include teachers, lawyers, students, bank officers and government workers.

Water cannons have been fired at protesters, and the military has imposed restrictions in some areas, including curfews and limits to gatherings.

The UK, EU and Australia are among those to have condemned the military takeover.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres said it was a &#8220;serious blow to democratic reforms&#8221;.

US President Joe Biden has threatened to reinstate sanctions.

Meanwhile, the military have been using real ammunition against protesters causing death.

A dance group took the street in the middle of the protests two days ago and started to dance to &#8220;They Don&#8217;t Care About Us&#8221; by Michael Jackson.

&#8220;While They Don&#8217;t Care About Us has risen from the ashes of 1995 to become a song that continues to offer a voice to the disenfranchised, it&#8217;s a shame that Michael is not here to see the true, lasting impact of what he created.&#8221; &#8211; Pez Jax taken from &#8220;The Story of HIStory&#8220;

All our prayers and support to the people of Myanmar.

[video=youtube;9yjOq3eIloU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjOq3eIloU&feature=emb_title[/video]

Last edited:
All in all, this could have been the perfect HIStory 25 for several reasons.. But hey, maybe at 50... :/

NatureCriminal7896;4317448 said:
After the Military coup happened on February 1 in Myanmar, people have been protesting against the coup and the tyranny of the military against the people.

The protests over the coup have been the largest since the so-called Saffron Revolution in 2007, when thousands of the country’s monks rose up against the military regime.

Protesters include teachers, lawyers, students, bank officers and government workers.

Water cannons have been fired at protesters, and the military has imposed restrictions in some areas, including curfews and limits to gatherings.

The UK, EU and Australia are among those to have condemned the military takeover.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres said it was a “serious blow to democratic reforms”.

US President Joe Biden has threatened to reinstate sanctions.

Meanwhile, the military have been using real ammunition against protesters causing death.

A dance group took the street in the middle of the protests two days ago and started to dance to “They Don’t Care About Us” by Michael Jackson.

“While They Don’t Care About Us has risen from the ashes of 1995 to become a song that continues to offer a voice to the disenfranchised, it’s a shame that Michael is not here to see the true, lasting impact of what he created.” – Pez Jax taken from “The Story of HIStory“

All our prayers and support to the people of Myanmar.

[video=youtube;9yjOq3eIloU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjOq3eIloU&feature=emb_title[/video]

LOVE THIS! THanks for posting.

Back