"They Don't Care About Us" passed the 100 million views mark today!

TDCAU is one of Michael's most popular videos on YT. It's amazing because it was attempted to be buried by the US media when it came out, with that artificially induced, ridiculous "anti-semitic" scandal. But one cannot suppress good music. Obviously that song speaks to a lot of people - to the oppressed, the poor of this world. Like this Bosnian cover version shows:

And it would have even more views if it was available in every country. At least here in Germany it's blocked, unfortunately.

And it would have even more views if it was available in every country. At least here in Germany it's blocked, unfortunately.

Really? Why? All of MJ Vevo or just this video?

Actually, the count on Vevo is always higher than on Youtube. The video entered Vevo Certified approximately a week ago, and the current count on Vevo is 100,492,532.
http://www.vevo.com/certified/videos - it is at the end of the feed and climbing.

I’m a bit surprised that this is the second video after Thriller to reach 100 million views, but surprised in a very good way! I love the song, and I’m glad it’s getting attention. At least for me it’s the first video that comes up when you google Michael Jackson vevo, so maybe that’s helping the video too.

I think the next video to reach 100 million views is Billie Jean, it’s at almost 93 million now.

respect77;3921352 said:
TDCAU is one of Michael's most popular videos on YT. It's amazing because it was attempted to be buried by the US media when it came out, with that artificially induced, ridiculous "anti-semitic" scandal. But one cannot suppress good music. Obviously that song speaks to a lot of people - to the oppressed, the poor of this world. Like this Bosnian cover version shows:

[video=youtube;Izl2mvWu4EY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izl2mvWu4EY[/video]

It´s quite sad that this song speaks to so many, so many who think noone care.
But of course it´s a great song and video.

Maybe if the media and others had treated Michael and his work with respect and really gave it a chance in the first place than it would have been appreciated earlier.

I don't mean to be negative. This is great news and I am glad people are appreciating it. I just can't forget things like that. Michael always said the music would be appreciated in time and he was right.

Correct me if im wrong but i distinctively remember MJ's videos having very high numbers, esp thriller. Thriller was well over 100 million, like 700 million or something but this was way back in like 07-08, or even earlier.

Nonetheless, that's great to see :) Btw i have to say that i absolutely love the drummer in this video :D

Last edited:
Thriller now has around 150 million views, but I don't know if it was earlier deleted and re-uploaded.

I love the Rio video version of the song. The drums (and the sound effects over some of the words) is so awesome!

63091658.gif
Brazil.... :naughty:

That's one of the greatest and strongest MJ's songs ever. And it will forever stay up to date.

I actually like the longer version better than this version... why? It all has to do with the drums in the end of the video... it's so amazing!

Back