THIS IS IT! 5 years later...

I'm seriously hoping never. It just makes me think way too much. How that summer was suppose to be the most greatest summer of my life. And then some evil monster comes along and totally killed it for me.:( :boohoo And brought on my constant state of deep depression and insomnia. That I am now forced to live with. I'm sorry but like I had said before. This Is It should never had happen.:(

Then do what you do now: don't watch it.

Everyone is different, just like in family... One family member may not be able to stomach seeing that persons body while another wont find closer and acceptance of what happened until they do..

Joseph did not want to see him while Latoya helped dress him after he passed!

This Is It should never had happen.
This Is IT didn´t happen for real..it was only rehearsals..

I remember Kenny Ortega said something about the movie;you have him back for a while.
I want him back again..

I think I will watch This Is It tonight.

It's amazing. 50 years old and he still had it!

Human Nature, IJCSLY, BoW, WBSS, BJ, Beat It etc. - Amazing vocals (when sung live) - and all around perfect energy - especially considering it was just rehearsals...

The Drill - MJ stands surrounded by 20-year-olds, yet he is just chewing gum and nailing the dance routine looking ever so relaxed... Amazing!!

I had ticket to many shows - first night being one of them - I am still so sad he did not get the chance to at least do one show. - Feel the love from the fans again - and rock our world !!!

I know it would have been a perfect show !!

If there were to be a 10th anniversary, an extended edition wouldn't work in my opinion.. maybe an alternate version of the film with different rehearsal dates/angles, then the bonus features include unseen performances/run through's/discussion/pre-planning/center staging featurette etc.

I think they should leave the film as it is. Of course they should remove the dubbing but I don't think they will because then they would have to admit it. With new release they should include more footage as exta material and songs they didn't show before. I would like to see Beat It with the crane for example. They should show full versions of the songs.

The Drill - MJ stands surrounded by 20-year-olds, yet he is just chewing gum and nailing the dance routine looking ever so relaxed... Amazing!!

I loved that bit. Michael chewing gum and casually going through the dance moves. Just another day at the office for him

I loved that bit. Michael chewing gum and casually going through the dance moves. Just another day at the office for him

Exactly! - He was double their age, but he knew the dance a lot better, didn't need to think, he just relaxed and did The Drill. - Such amazing talent. - And so many many hours of rehearsal behind it. Perfection.

I loved weeeeeee cherry picker :lol: :aww:

Drill and smooth criminal
Love it. Watching it now : ')

The only highlight of this whole thing is, that Billie Jean routine.

The ONLY highlight? Are you kidding?! The whole film was huge highlight. Some moments stood out more than others, but I was just happy to get a glimpse of what the actual shows might have looked like.

His Human Nature and I Just Can't Stop Loving You performances were flawless.

lol ^ I feel you...

Everyone is different I guess, seeing MJ In charge in HIS environment alone is a highlight... seeing him dance (even rehearse), hear new vocals, see him talk... I love it!! Than again I could watch him pic his nose and be like "Oh my god, look look look He is picking his nose. He's like us" lol

I was really, really excited. I remember watching the 'comeback' video like everyday. Everything stopped just to see the king back on stage, ready to rock our world once again. Man... It doesn't look like it has already been five years. :no:

Same here!
I was lucky to score 2 VIP front row tickets with pre&after party on the first sale. That itself was an amazing experience.
It felt like the 80's all over again!
I was looking forward to it for months.
But strangely enough I always felt like this was never going to happen.

My world just dropped once I heard the news of MJ passing...

The Press Conference is actually one of the greatest MJ-memories for me. The way he came out there, like the savior of the world, the boss, the huge mysterious icon of the entire planet - It was almost overwhelming. There he was - Michael Jackson - He was back at it, with style!

And that fist in the air was so tongue-in-cheek.

Funny thing is, he wanted to say something, but quickly dropped that when someone in the audience started chanting "This is it, this is it!", that made him wild and started dancing. And then he said "Theeeese will beeeee my final shooooow performances in LONDON" and as if he begged for a truce or acceptance from the audience, he finished it with an "mmkaaaay?", as if he would make sure that everyone in the building was OK with that decision. :woohoo:

It was like everyone in the world was watching him, waiting for his next step, his next move. The president and the jury's and the kings of the world stood there and waited for their emperor to give an order. This is the moment. This Is It.

Back