This Is It

KingofPop125

Proud Member
I have always been interested in This Is It, especially after Michael died and when the documentary came out. However, I still feel like there’s a ton of information that I don’t know. So instead of settling on one topic of This Is It, I want to make this an overall discussion thread about This Is It.

Here’s what I want answered in particular:

*ALL the songs considered, rehearsed, and planned.
*The visuals, effects, design, technology involved in each performance.
*How much was going to be sing live compared to playback.
*ALL the costumes and outfits planned, both from Zaldy and Bush/Thompkins.
*The possibility of a world tour, and the possible venues for that outside of the O2 Arena in London.

I have always been interested in This Is It, especially after Michael died and when the documentary came out. However, I still feel like there’s a ton of information that I don’t know. So instead of settling on one topic of This Is It, I want to make this an overall discussion thread about This Is It.

*The possibility of a world tour, and the possible venues for that outside of the O2 Arena in London.
There was no chance Michael could agree on world tour. He didn't want to perform at all. He was forced to do it, because of his half a billion debt, otherwise he could lose all his catalogue. That's why, 50 London concerts are max he could do.

He planned to include You Are Not Alone, though it was never rehearsed

- How much was going to be sung live compared to playback
No way to know, unfortunately. MJ expressed his intent to sing live as much as possible, but at one point he began recording new vocals for existing songs to provide a more convincing lip-sync. Without ever having performed a show, it’s all speculation.

- The possibility of a world tour, and the possible venues for that outside of the O2 Arena in London.
Dates, locations, and venues were never solidified, but nearly everyone involved (allegedly including MJ himself) understood that a world tour would follow the residency. If I’m not mistaken, Kuala Lumpur, Australia, and England were named specifically, and at least one person said MJ would make his triumphant return to touring the US to round things out. Would this have happened? Probably not, given MJ’s physical and mental state at the time of his death. But it was absolutely an active thought.

There was no chance Michael could agree on world tour. He didn't want to perform at all. He was forced to do it, because of his half a billion debt, otherwise he could lose all his catalogue. That's why, 50 London concerts are max he could do.
Probably his biggest mistake. Should've sold his catalog and lived in peace.

According to official documents (that were presented during the 2013 trial), the planned 'This Is It' World Tour would include 186 concerts around the world.

But Michael Jackson did not agree on that 'This Is It' World Tour.

This was also confirmed by Paris Jackson, who testified that her father Michael Jackson did not intend to embark on a 'This Is It' World Tour (after the London residency shows).

Paris Jackson also testified that her father at that time was more occupied with working on a lot of new music.

Also, according to sources close to the singer, Michael Jackson (after the London residency shows) was planning to make and release a feature-length film (i.e., a film that is 90 or more minutes long) which would be based on his 'Thriller' music video.

Totally forgot about that. Does anyone have further info or links please?
The 'Ghosts Halloween' TV Special was part of Michael Jackson's deal with AEG Live.

Randy Phillips revealed also this:

"Ken Ehrlich was to produce the show for Michael … It centered around the Ghosts footage Michael had personally financed. The intent was to create a yearly Halloween television special. Michael was going to host and perform on the show" (Randy Phillips)

The meeting for that project took place on June, 24th (2009), the day before Michael Jackson's death.

Rock With You/Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Medley)
Jackson 5 Medley
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Thriller
Beat It
Human Nature
Billie Jean
The Way You Make Me Feel
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Man In The Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Jam
Black Or White
Dangerous
Heal The World
Will You Be There
You Are Not Alone
They Don't Care About Us
Earth Song
Stranger In Moscow

My guess is that it would be like the Dangerous Tour. It was said that Michael wanted to sing live as much as possible

The 'Ghosts Halloween' TV Special was part of Michael Jackson's deal with AEG Live.

Randy Phillips revealed also this:

"Ken Ehrlich was to produce the show for Michael … It centered around the Ghosts footage Michael had personally financed. The intent was to create a yearly Halloween television special. Michael was going to host and perform on the show" (Randy Phillips)

The meeting for that project took place on June, 24th (2009), the day before Michael Jackson's death.
Thanks for the info. I vaguely remember hearing about it but then it got lost in the post-death madness

Back