Thriller 3D - Official Release?

DVD release would come too most likely if they released it on Blu-ray. DVD release would also have better quality than before so people without Blu-Ray players have a reason to buy it too. I hope it happens this year. I recommend getting Blu-Ray player. Moonwalker and This Is It look amazing in HD. :)
I bought on Moonwalker on blu ray in 2016 and since seeing it, I look at the DVD I've had since 2009 with dissatisfaction LOL I'm actually looking to sell it or gift it to a fan friend

I too hope for 4K release - but restoring Thriller and Ghost from the original film will make it into 4K - so I am quite sure it will be released on all formats - DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K.

4K on 60 inch screen will be magic - with a great surround sound system.

I hope Moonwalker and This Is It will also be released in 4K

It would be great to see a special theatrical showing of Moonwalker in theaters or a re-release in 3D. Imagine the Retrospective, Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone, and the robot sequence in Smooth Criminal in 3D...:eek:

It would be great to see a special theatrical showing of Moonwalker in theaters or a re-release in 3D. Imagine the Retrospective, Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone, and the robot sequence in Smooth Criminal in 3D...:eek:
Now thats what they need to convert if they wanna do some 3d stuff! Leave me alone is definitely perfect for 3d but they would have of cleaning up to do...or maybe the negatives on moonwalker were damaged because some frames are definitely damaged!

I bought on Moonwalker on blu ray in 2016 and since seeing it, I look at the DVD I've had since 2009 with dissatisfaction LOL I'm actually looking to sell it or gift it to a fan friend

Only thing I don't like in the Blu-Ray version like are the colors. Compare the Man in the Mirror part. I think they changed it too much. Compare Michael's blue shirt.

Last edited:
I hope we hear more about this soon. The clips people recorded looked great. They are on Youtube if you search Thriller 3D if someone hasn't seen them.

We really should be hearing something about this in a couple of months if this Halloween 2018 is a go for Thriller 3D.

What does the Sony release schedule look like for October?

I feel like the time of hype for this thing was last year. Don't really care that much about it anymore. I'll still buy it but yeah they missed an opportunity with this one.

I feel like the time of hype for this thing was last year. Don't really care that much about it anymore. I'll still buy it but yeah they missed an opportunity with this one.

I agree, what with all the buzz and publicity generated by the film festival appearances of it, John Landis' public appearances, not to mention all the other things the Estate had planned last Halloween (which admittedly were of no interest to me).

All that said, remastering Michael's music videos from the negatives is for me priority number one. And seeing Michael on the big screen remains a genuine thrill so I still want to see this.

Of all the things we've heard that might happen/seem realistic as Estate projects over the next while this is really the only thing I actually care about. However given the mishandling of it's 'release' last year and the laughably amateur reasons for it not screening other than a handful of times, I remain unconvinved it will appear this year either.

Can someone email the estate & ask them to inform us some kind of release date info?

By the way to go back to this. This Christmas marks the 30th anniversary of Moonwalker in theatres. So while I'm sure many independent cinemas will be screening Moonwalker as a one-off - I've already heard of one outdoor screening in Birmingham, England this year - it would be great to have Thriller 3D and a new Moonwalker 3D print screen together in 2018.

Are the Moonwalker rights still held by Warner however?

When the estate are ready they will announce its release date. It cost money to produce and people seemed to quite like it at the limited screenings last year, so there's no way they'll allow it to be kept in a vault IMO unless they're restricted by rights/licensing disputes. It's just a case of finding the right occasion and circumstances. shame they missed the opportunity what with the Halloween cartoon - that would have tied in nicely. I think it'll be released this year FWIW.

Back