Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

I don’t mind that it’s an incomplete track, I just don’t like the actual melody or piano line. Perhaps the Ronson mix is better, but as it stands I can see why it never made any headway.

It is the most un Michael Jackson sounding Michael Jackson track. For that alone I like it. When artists do something different I applaud it, especially this early on in his adult career this came unexpected to me. Because it is so weird for MJ I am sure he abandoned it pretty early on because he probably also knew this wasn't going to become something special.
But a nice artifact it is and the vocals are as always a joy to hear, especially when he goes " give me a chance babe" during the bridge which I find very beautiful.

It's definitely grown on me a lot. I find it odd they got Mark to remix it if it didn't ever become more developed lyric-wise, though. They had so much more finished stuff to choose from at that time.
Yeah mate that's my feeling on it too. There's songs on Bad 25 that are more complete. Perhaps they hadn't found those demo's yet?

I'm sure it'll grow on me but right now it's just a bit of an odd one structurally. It's very much an experiment and I don't mind that but it doesn't grab me like Don't Be Messin' Round for instance.
The beat boxing and the structure do remind me of Blues Away vaguely.

It's definitely grown on me a lot. I find it odd they got Mark to remix it if it didn't ever become more developed lyric-wise, though. They had so much more finished stuff to choose from at that time.
Maybe there's another post Thriller version with more vocals??

I'm really hoping Lovely Way and Who Do You Know get leaked in their alternate forms. The Michael and/or Xscape versions. Tbh, if they released it on Thriller 40, it'd probably make a better incentive. Certainly more than CGOTR lol.

No vocals so how do we even know? And this sounds very familiar. Like some 80's song I can't think of right now.
It was leaked by Korgnex, and the comments have traders mad about the snippet being leaked. I can’t confirm it’s real, but you can decide for yourself

Korgnex: At least provide some vocals. Otherwise how is anybody able to believe this is a Michael Jackson song.

And this beat, I've heard this. Actually, I think it's a more recent song now that I think about it.

Back