Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

Yall can call me crazy or anything you guys want but i can't be the only one that is more excited for... i don't know, Behind The Mask, rather than an unreleased song? :p
Maybe it's because i've been waiting to hear the original demo since Michael came out, and because i don't know what to really expect from the 2 unreleased tracks.
Man so many different threads confuse me lmao

Yall can call me crazy or anything you guys want but i can't be the only one that is more excited for... i don't know, Behind The Mask, rather than an unreleased song? :p
Maybe it's because i've been waiting to hear the original demo since Michael came out, and because i don't know what to really expect from the 2 unreleased tracks.

I've been looking forward to hearing the BTM demo for ages as well. Same with The Toy.

Yep I'm excited about Behind The Mask too, I'm hoping it's similar to Greg's version because it's so funky

I am intrigued about Who Do You Know because we have no idea what it's like. I'm so excited

Last edited:
Lovely way, woooow - sounds partially like Arthur's theme

I'm most looking forward to what a lovely way to go ,The toy,who do you know,behind the mask demo😍❤❤

She's Trouble is the finished lq version we have

BTM has clearly demo vocals

It's interesting to hear the vocals of The Toy and hear that the vocals remained the same for over 20 years. The instrumental is pretty bland though.

Gonna be honest, i've listened to all the snippets as i... honestly don't care lmao
Kinda dissapointed on BTM but... i am now really excited for The Toy, which makes me even more MAD that they cut it short.

It's interesting to hear the vocals of The Toy and hear that the vocals remained the same for over 20 years. The instrumental is pretty bland though.
They're the same vocals as the album version? That doesn't make sense lol

WALWTG is the definition of 70's music. I wonder if the 2010 remix is any better.

Totally disappointing. There's no reason to include "Sunset Driver" or "Can't Get Outta the Rain" when they were already on The Ultimate Collection. I couldn't care less for "Behind the Mask", either. "Hot Street" not being on is also disappointing. And I was really hoping for the extended version of "The Lady in My Life" to be on, so we'd have it in good quality.

The estate drops the ball again. *yawn*

Last edited:
The constant whinging and self-entitlement shown by some people in this forum is so, so tiresome.

I'm glad about this release. I'm glad about the extras. I'm glad for any second of material I haven't heard before, any glimpse of MJ's artistry. There could just as easily be nothing ever again so some of you just need to pull your heads in.

Does anyone notice that the drums on the first second of the snippet of WALWTG sounds the same as from the snippet from 2 years ago? They really are the same song lol

FhpUdg5UAAA0VRU

FhpUdg7VEAABo0n

Who do you know sounds absolutely lovely and so does what a lovely way to go! The toy sound very different to me in terms of production and vocal delivery. Even the higher harmonies are different than on best of joy. Can’t wait to listen to those song

Just listened to the leaked “The Toy,” which seems to be missing the third verse. It’s not much of an omission since it’s literally a copy/paste of the first (literally, it’s not even a different vocal take), but interesting nonetheless. I wonder if the estate did it, or if this is just an early version?

Back