Thriller 40th Anniversary

I dont see real 4k even not full hd, seems like sd upscale
Ok, first video (some re-upload) i watched had realy bad bitrate and was botchered with more sd content from older tv broadcasts, even audio mixed with live mic. recording..not realy reference one.

Than i found probably untouched one, and ok, except some angels in sd, looks like hd, but stikl not sure it was recorded back in 1997 in 1080p, i think 720 was possible in those days.

Did you know ABBA is releasing HD performances through YouTube?

Meanwhile our Estate: hmm yes yes interesting but lemme give u smth better and never seen yes......MUNICH 1997!!!! or perhaps YoU PrEfFeR YoK0HaMa 87?!!! Yes yes in DVD format they have best audio yes... other unusable :((( we can not release on Youtube bc.... hm we lazy yes.

Anyway, I wonder what changes the documentary will undergo before its release. Ideally they’d include the full session for “The Girl Is Mine,” similar to how Spike used the complete performance of “Another Part of Me” in the B25 doc. The ratio of “session footage that exists” to “session footage we’ve received” is criminal.

Did you know ABBA is releasing HD performances through YouTube?

Meanwhile our Estate: hmm yes yes interesting but lemme give u smth better and never seen yes......MUNICH 1997!!!! or perhaps YoU PrEfFeR YoK0HaMa 87?!!! Yes yes in DVD format they have best audio yes... other unusable :((( we can not release on Youtube bc.... hm we lazy yes.
MJ did over 100 Bad tour concerts yet we only have 1 full pro concert that was released over 10 years ago, it all makes me so sad.

Which is why we need that Victory tour film. Knowing the estate, they probably just found/digitized it. If this is true then I'm holding out hope they found the "lost" bad tour film. Even if they did, I doubt they would they even tell us lol.
Thriller doc should be good though.

Anyway, I wonder what changes the documentary will undergo before its release. Ideally they’d include the full session for “The Girl Is Mine,” similar to how Spike used the complete performance of “Another Part of Me” in the B25 doc. The ratio of “session footage that exists” to “session footage we’ve received” is criminal.
That'd be worth watching the documentary wouldn't it

That'd be worth watching the documentary wouldn't it
I’m still excited, but I’m very aware that it will likely cover the same beats and stories that diehard fans have all heard (as well it should). I’m not expecting anything revolutionary for us, but I’m hoping for a respectful and well-produced documentary for the best-selling album of all time.

in my opinion i think they will go for releasing munich first as its the most likely the safest bet for a live show for the general public. it has all the big hits from the later years (smooth criminal, TWYMMF, black or white, earth song) that people know more then the jacksons hits (Things i do for you, Jermaine's songs, Lovely one) on the victory tour.

if munich does release and does do well, i'd say a Victory show wouldnt be far off.

Honestly I don't care that much about the documentary I'm just in for the new and high-quality footage lmao. I'm looking forward to seeing Beat It and the Victory Tour with new angles the most.
and Billie Jean... and WBSS!! Damn I can't wait to see them in glorious HD. Seriously if anyone leaks them snippets I won't watch. I wanna see it on the big screen, as it should

in my opinion i think they will go for releasing munich first as its the most likely the safest bet for a live show for the general public. it has all the big hits from the later years (smooth criminal, TWYMMF, black or white, earth song) that people know more then the jacksons hits (Things i do for you, Jermaine's songs, Lovely one) on the victory tour.

if munich does release and does do well, i'd say a Victory show wouldnt be far off.
In terms of tracklist maybe. However I still think a victory tour release should come first. It's still technically Thriller era. Prime Mj + his brothers in HD is a no brainer. This was also MJs peak in the US so I think it will do better than History. We already have people here commenting on the playback. Imagine the critics/general public's responses. I'd rather the public be reminded of the artist at their best before any controversy.

In terms of tracklist maybe. However I still think a victory tour release should come first. It's still technically Thriller era. Prime Mj + his brothers in HD is a no brainer. This was also MJs peak in the US so I think it will do better than History. We already have people here commenting on the playback. Imagine the critics/general public's responses. I'd rather the public be reminded of the artist at their best before any controversy.
Yeah, while I have zero interest in any tour release, something like the Victory Tour (or preferably a high-quality Bad Tour) is the best route. Then perhaps the HBO One Night Only rehearsals. Then the unseen This Is It rehearsals. Then maybe another Dangerous Tour show from early 1992. Never the HIStory Tour.

Yeah, while I have zero interest in any tour release, something like the Victory Tour (or preferably a high-quality Bad Tour) is the best route. Then perhaps the HBO One Night Only rehearsals. Then the unseen This Is It rehearsals. Then maybe another Dangerous Tour show from early 1992. Never the HIStory Tour.
If they remastered the dangerous tour rehearsals (even just the audio) I'd buy it. His rehearsals are just as entertaining as his concerts imo. I'm not really interested in more TII footage though. Especially after checking out the old "This is not it" thread.. I'd prefer bad or dangerous (history if anything was rehearsed live). I just want 1 high quality 80s concert release from this estate.

a real HD file of the full Billie Jean performance was traded and later leaked last year
the copies that have been put on youtube are extremely compressed, so it prob doesnt look as good as it could. also, some shots are in SD as they were obv early drafts of the concert film.

Nate Giorgio Creates ‘Thriller 40’ Artwork​

nate-giorgio.jpg

Artist Nate Giorgio has posted on social media concepts he created to celebrate “Thriller 40” that were commissioned by Sony Music but ultimately never officially used.

Giorgio became Michael’s official private artist in 1984 and the two remained close until Michael’s passing in 2009. Some of the portraits he created were displayed in Michael’s Neverland home as well as used on various commercial and private projects such as albums, books, calendars, and merchandise. Perhaps his most famous drawing of Michael was called “Remember the Children” which he created in 1986 and featured in the “HIStory” album booklet.

Most recently his artwork can be seen as the main visual for the Broadway hit musical “MJ.” Below are his “Thriller 40” concepts:

nate-giorgio-7
nate-giorgio-6
nate-giorgio-5
nate-giorgio-4
nate-giorgio-3
nate-giorgio-2
nate-giorgio-1
The artist also made a concept logo for the album, which again was decided not to be used:

nate-giorgio-8.jpg

Nate Giorgio Creates ‘Thriller 40’ Artwork​

nate-giorgio.jpg

Artist Nate Giorgio has posted on social media concepts he created to celebrate “Thriller 40” that were commissioned by Sony Music but ultimately never officially used.

Giorgio became Michael’s official private artist in 1984 and the two remained close until Michael’s passing in 2009. Some of the portraits he created were displayed in Michael’s Neverland home as well as used on various commercial and private projects such as albums, books, calendars, and merchandise. Perhaps his most famous drawing of Michael was called “Remember the Children” which he created in 1986 and featured in the “HIStory” album booklet.

Most recently his artwork can be seen as the main visual for the Broadway hit musical “MJ.” Below are his “Thriller 40” concepts:

nate-giorgio-7
nate-giorgio-6
nate-giorgio-5
nate-giorgio-4
nate-giorgio-3
nate-giorgio-2
nate-giorgio-1
The artist also made a concept logo for the album, which again was decided not to be used:

nate-giorgio-8.jpg
The silhouette one is outstanding. Not huge on the others, though the use of the Motown 25 toe stand is creative as hell. The one from Number Ones is overused.

Back