Thriller 40th Anniversary

MJ didn't have to perform and I don't blame him.

But as a fan, it would've been something special if he performed The Lady In My Life and that spawned another hit official single.

although it’s always exciting to think of what could have been, I’d be really nervous for michael. whatever he did would be compared to his motown 25 performance, which people were still recovering from.

I don’t think michael was capable of performing at the grammys. it had only been a month since his hair caught fire.

if anything, i felt he was ready at the ama’s, which took place before the accident. he even danced in celebration when he went up onstage to receive the artist of merit award.
thriller’ would have been the most appropriate song choice, as it was big and theatrical. michael could have basically recreated the video with the zombies, etc. it was also the latest single.

The thriller 40 project was not successful, it could have been implemented better billie jean no 4k motown25 performance no 4k no making of thriller blue ray and bad thriller40 documentary

The thriller 40 project was not successful, it could have been implemented better billie jean no 4k motown25 performance no 4k no making of thriller blue ray and bad thriller40 documentary
Not the BJ music video nor Motown 25 can be 4K. Original film negatives of BJ were discarded after editing and M25 is shot on tape.

Not the BJ music video nor Motown 25 can be 4K. Original film negatives of BJ were discarded after editing and M25 is shot on tape.

The thought of M25 being shot on 35mm would be a dream come true.

Why would they shoot a TV special on film? Videotape was the obvious/most reasonable option. Besides, no one thought MJ would give such a unique and iconic performance.
We know the special wouldn't be shot on film, just the aspect of Michael having his personal crew shoot the moments

this article is a month old now, but I just discovered it. it covers a lot of ground in the overall creation of ‘billie jean’. quite a bit of technical studio information for a mainstream publication.

I've been listening to this for the last few days. This deserved to be released somewhere......Thriller, Victory.

This is by far my favourite new song released on Thriller 40. What made it even more special was that I had no idea of this song’s existence before it was revealed as one of the tracks to be released on disc 2 of Thriller 40.

It's amazing all the news stuff we have for Thriller40th, lot of amazing new songs, lot of never seen footages for the Doc from making of, Victory tour etc .., it was really unreal to see Michael interview from early 80's, I wish we will see more of that, it's very cool to have Thriller and Beat it in High qualities now, yes that could have been better, but it's still a very cool anniversary.

Back