Thriller 40th Anniversary

One song I haven't seen mentioned is Muscle written and produced by Michael and performed by Diana Ross.

Do you think we could hear a solo demo version of this song on Thriller 40?

Are remixes from thriller 25 album were re-recorded by MJ or he used his old vocal from original thriller album? Because i have just listened PYT remix (with william) and wanna be starting something remix (with akon) and these songs seems to have new Michael vocal. The girls is mine remix and Beat it remix - 50/50, maybe yes maybe no....

Are remixes from thriller 25 album were re-recorded by MJ or he used his old vocal from original thriller album? Because i have just listened PYT remix (with william) and wanna be starting something remix (with akon) and these songs seems to have new Michael vocal. The girls is mine remix and Beat it remix - 50/50, maybe yes maybe no....

Girl is mine the vocals are just sped up slightly and have processing on them, possibly demo vocals but not sure.

WBSS something 2008 does indeed feature new vocals.

WBSS is the only one with newly recorded vocals.

Wbss partially new vocals
Beat it & bj album vocals
Tgim & pyt demo vocals

Still amazed at how young MJ managed to sound on that recording lol. Love the "ugh, yeah" parts that repeat throughout as well.

If we get technical TGIM remix does have new vocals, the falsetto right after Will.i.am says "MJ make it hot" is a new vocal.

That's a remake, the real snippet is this one

It was never confirmed if Still The King was complete or not, only that the intended guest singers never recorded their parts. The only song we know for certain that is 100% complete is I'm Dreamin', which Will tried to release on his own album.
This sounds like demo of Fly Girl on Will.I.Am's album -

Also found this, is this FAKE? - Sounds real enough and we know they were in the studio together whilst producing this exact track -

The Girl Is Mine 2008 doesn't contain any new recorded vocals.. these are the vocals from the demo of TGIM..

I'm just wondering why more unreleased songs or demos weren't used for Thriller25 instead of remixes
Because Michael himself never approved any of the original tracklists for Thriller 25th, i do not remember them exactly, but iirc the original tracklist for Thriller 25th actually had quite a few unreleased tracks instead of just For All Time.

Whatever the reason was, Michael got in the way of what could’ve been an incredible celebration of the best-selling album of all time. There’s no reason to not release any of the leaked outtakes, especially since the likelihood of him doing anything with them was slim to none.

This sounds like demo of Fly Girl on Will.I.Am's album -
I had the same impression lol, the melody of both songs are pretty alike.
Also found this, is this FAKE? - Sounds real enough and we know they were in the studio together whilst producing this exact track -
It's fake, it's unlikely that Michael even recorded vocals for the song.

I think during the Will.I.Am sessions, Will played the demo to Fly Girl and Michael passed. Doubt MJ ever put any vocals on that one because it never got to that point.

I would completely understand why MJ passed the song... I don't see whats so special on it.. it's kinda a reggae-beat with drums.. nothing special for MJ.. overrated as hell..

I would completely understand why MJ passed the song... I don't see whats so special on it.. it's kinda a reggae-beat with drums.. nothing special for MJ.. overrated as hell..
With that song and the snippets shown at the Access Hollywood interview the Will.i.am tracks don't seem very promising TBH.

Whatever the reason was, Michael got in the way of what could’ve been an incredible celebration of the best-selling album of all time. There’s no reason to not release any of the leaked outtakes, especially since the likelihood of him doing anything with them was slim to none.
Was it Michael who cancelled the 2nd disc for Dangerous in 2001 and the 5.1 for the 1999 SACD of Thriller as well?

Yeah I get it from both sides mate.

On one hand it was a good way to reintroduce Mike to the public after the trial, with a safe project in the record labels eyes.

On the other hand, Michael never liked looking back and always wanted to be known as more than just Thriller

You're right they definitely should have put some of the leaked demos from the Thriller sessions on Thriller 25 though. Honestly they released stronger material with more potential on The Ultimate Collection

Probably just comes down to him not wanting them released at the time.

What i find weird is that MJ on every tour recorded several shows for a planned DVD/VHS release...
Bad Tour L.A 89 (VHS planned for 1990 but canceled)
DWT Mexico (Planned but canceled)
HWT Munich (well.. we all know)

What i find weird is that MJ on every tour recorded several shows for a planned DVD/VHS release...
and this is it is a finale performace, that finaly was showed to people.... MJ wish has granted

Was Mexico City really planned for an official release back then? Didn't know that.

I know that there were some rumours that the Estate was planning on releasing it in 2016, but rumours are rumours.

and this is it is a finale performace, that finaly was showed to people.... MJ wish has granted

yes, i remember in 2009 (after MJ announced it) reading about a contract which includes a DVD release + backstage & making of footage which explains why they shot everything of the rehearsal stuff in high quality. Well, we know Michael always shot the stuff.. but maybe he wouldnt have done it in HD and only a few cameras.

You can add Thriumph LA & a Victory concert, too.

Back