Thriller 40th Anniversary

Target is a reliable source and now we might have the release date.
However, I can only see this bonus disc with demos containing the ones that leaked in late 2009 (Hot Street, Carousel in full, Nite Line, etc).

However, I can only see this bonus disc with demos containing the ones that leaked in late 2009 (Hot Street, Carousel in full, Nite Line, etc).
Hopefully it’s in remastered clear form.

Something about that logo/font makes it looks fanmade. It looks so bad!

Something about that logo/font makes it looks fanmade. It looks so bad!
I’m hoping that it’s just a thing that they put in place before they show the actual artwork to the anniversary album. Hopefully things will be announced.

Maybe it’s not the real artwork that they have, hopefully stuff will be cleared up in the upcoming press release today.

How long until the press release?
mr-bean-waiting.gif

I think the font (the writing on the cover) is just temporary or fan-made. Hopefully it will look nothing like that.

They could just use the 25th anniversary edition and then change the number to 40th.

I am a bit sad if the only release we will get this year is yet another re-re-re-release of Thriller...
If SONY and The Estate has T40 plans, then at least I hope Thriller in 4K (the 3D restored version they made some years ago) will be released. - in 2D. And hopefully all the Thriller videos will be concerted to 4K - or the highest possible quality for these videos.

AND - finally I hope The Making of Thriller also gets a 4K release (if 4K is possible - otherwise just the best quality possible!)

History repeats itself. After the 2005 trial, Thriller25 was the first released official MJ album. After the LN shit, it'll be Thriller40.
This will be those years again, hopefully people know better from the last time not to believe everything you see and look at both sides before just quickly making judgement and decisions. This is great!

Experience the world’s biggest-selling album with over 100 million in sales – and the first album to be certified triple Diamond by the RIAA – on this new Thriller 40th Anniversary 2CD set.

Disc 1: Michael Jackson’s 1982 smash album Thriller changed pop music forever. This original album, featuring seven top 10 hits including “Billie Jean,” “Beat It” and “Thriller,” helped Michael win a record-setting eight Grammy Awards in one night.

Disc 2: Features Thriller-era bonus material including previously unreleased demos.

Track list:

Disc 1: Original Album

1. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
  2. Baby Me Mine
  3. The Girl Is Mine
  4. Thriller
  5. Beat It
  6. Billie Jean
  7. Human Nature
  8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
  9. The Lady In My Life
Disc 2: Bonus Material (track list to be revealed at a later date)

I don't want to believe it, but what if they just release the leaked demos (Hot Street, Nite Line, etc)?

Not even gonna comment on the new logo, because… wow.

Disc two has potential. The fact that they had to use a second disc altogether instead of throwing everything onto the end of the album implies there’s a decent amount of material to be included. Plus, it’s promising that they only mention “Thriller-era bonus tracks” and not remixes (which, to their credit, they’ve always warned us about in advance).

Here’s hoping that the actual product is great.

The best way not to get disappointed is not to expect too much... Good sign, but still not expecting too much there.
+ Is the mastering going to even worse than 2008 ? :)

The best way not to get disappointed is not to expect too much... Good sign, but still not expecting too much there.
There'll be a MoFi edition on SACD and vinyl, don't worry. MoFi don't miss.

I don't want to believe it, but what if they just release the leaked demos (Hot Street, Nite Line, etc)?
They’re 100% going to include the leaked demos, which I’m fine with (having “Trouble” and “Hot Street” in HQ, and giving them a moment in the spotlight, will be great) as long as it’s balanced out with an equal or greater amount of totally unheard tracks.

Oh, for sure, but like it was mentioned above, there'll be a MoFi release it seems, so that one will be good i guess

There'll be a MoFi edition on SACD and vinyl, don't worry. MoFi don't miss.
I want to see what the alt cover looks like as well, the Walmart link doesn’t seem to be working

Back