Thriller 40th Anniversary

I wonder what they mean when they say there are “more surprises” in store. Maybe we’ll finally get the music videos in 4K?

Arguably the best "unreleased" track that we have heard. And MJ is even on record saying he liked it.
Wasn't it released on some Japanese LP with the Thriller 25 re-issue though?

No, I'm sure it was a rare pressing with Hot Street as well.
Hot street was never released as a bonus track in Japan, on no excisting pressing. There where many different bonus tracks for Thriller 25, but Hot street is not it. All the listings on discogs confirm it's absence. Would love to see it officially released

Hot Street hasn't been released yet. Maybe you've seen some kind of bootleg.
I think @Korgnex had a thread about this T25 CD looooong time ago. Does it ring a bell, buddy? Or I might have gone senile after all these years of waiting.

I think @Korgnex had a thread about this T25 CD looooong time ago. Does it ring a bell, buddy? Or I might have gone senile after all these years of waiting.
Got The Hots was an exclusive Japan-only bonus track on the Japanese T25. I think you're just confusing it with Hot Street.

Speaking of Japan, I'm wondering if the Japanese release of T40 will get any exclusive tracks.

E-mail from the Online Team:

FS-Fy9wVUAA9Ema.png

"We would encourage you to focus on some of the things that are yet to be announced that are part of this campaign and are directly in response to the numerous fan requests over the years such as unreleased material and 4K short films."

Source:

Did someone else got that email? Just to confirm that it's legit

It's good that we will get remasters of the videos. It's not something that I am too obsessed with but a lot of fans want it, so I am glad that they are finally listening.

I'm only worried that one of their intentions, like stated in this email, is to attract the younger audience. I hope this doesn't mean remixes from modern artists on disc 2. Very happy about the remastered video's!

Just a comparison, Bad25 was announced on 5/17/12 (read here), the single was released on 6/5/12, bonus content was revealed on 8/7/12 (read here) and the album was finally released on 9/18/12.

If they're gonna follow a similar pattern, then there could be a single drop within the month of June.

I'm only worried that one of their intentions, like stated in this email, is to attract the younger audience. I hope this doesn't mean remixes from modern artists on disc 2. Very happy about the remastered video's!

I don't know. Remember all the talk earlier in the year with The Weeknd and many of us thinking a collab was happening?

Just a comparison, Bad25 was announced on 5/17/12 (read here), the single was released on 6/5/12, bonus content was revealed on 8/7/12 (read here) and the album was finally released on 9/18/12.

If they're gonna follow a similar pattern, then there could be a single drop within the month of June.
You mean something like The Girl Is Mine Single with on the second track the demo or sth?

August seems like a more probable date for a single release. The single would be released 3 months before the album release, not 5.

You mean something like The Girl Is Mine Single with on the second track the demo or sth?
If I'd be in charge I'd release Hot Street as the 1st single (w/ Beat It & Human Nature as b-sides). But idk if and what might be released. Let's wait and see.

If I'd be in charge I'd release Hot Street as the 1st single (w/ Beat It & Human Nature as b-sides). But idk if and what might be released. Let's wait and see.
There's no way they would drop a demo of a song from 1982 as a single. It would have to be modernized and/or feature a guest artist.

I'm not saying I don't like your idea, I'm just thinking like the Estate would.

There's no way they would drop a demo of a song from 1982 as a single. It would have to be modernized and/or feature a guest artist.

It makes little commercial sense to push a single of an unfinished, 40 year old song.

It's an anniversary release, not a new studio album - it doesn't need a reworked smash single.

Hot Street has been finalized in 1982. Hadn't TGIM already been sent out to radio stations Hot Street would have made it onto Thriller as the 10th track. Most likely the talking section between Mike & Paul would have been cut out in order to make space on the LP.

Technically, the song doesn't need any touches but you're right, it's the estate.

Back