Thriller 40th Anniversary

don't expect anniversaries for other albums.
I strongly believe HIStory 30 will be next and maybe Bad 40 if the Estate is generous enough. As for albums like Dangerous and Invincible though yeah they absolutely will never happen lmao. It's a huge bummer though, they could do some interesting stuff with those albums...

Last edited:
I strongly believe HIStory 30 will be next and maybe Bad 40 if the Estate is generous enough. As for albums like Dangerous and Invincible though yeah they absolutely will never happen lmao. It's a huge bummer though, they could do some interesting stuff with those albums...
But why History and not Dangerous? Solely because of the HQ History Tour concert? They could even easily focus additionally on Dangerous including a re-release of Dangerous Tour Bucharest or so.

But why History and not Dangerous? Solely because of the HQ History Tour concert?
Pretty much. They did actually have plans for HIStory 25 but it got shelved because of Covid.
They could even easily focus additionally on Dangerous including a re-release of Dangerous Tour Bucharest or so.
It seems like the Estate wants to focus on the HIStory tour because it's the only concert filmed in HQ, surround sound and multiple camera angles. I don't know though, I'd love to see other albums get anniversary editions just as much as anyone. Imagine how amazing it would be if we got Black Or White and Who Is It in 4k, unreleased Bryan Loren tracks and GOANL in HQ for Dangerous 25-30.

Dont think we need Bad40 tbh. Dont we already have all the demos from those sessions? Dangerous should have gotten some treatment for the 30th. I'm much more interested in a Dangerous doc with maybe new studio & rehearsal footage in HQ. Maybe even a remastered or re edited dangerous tour show (preferably wembley imo)

Even though B25 was a "flop" it still sold out at the HMV I purchased it from (I was lucky to get the last one). If they found the wembley film the project definitely would have been more successful imo.

Thriller will always be successful especially during halloween. That's why they barely promoted it. I really hope they surprise us with Billie Jean in HD but you learn not to get your hope's up with this estate.

what is that type of chart? what does catalog album mean?

HIStory tour release will further damage MJ's legacy.
I do not think so. It´s a release for fans who wants to have a history-tour-concert. Maybe there will be another thread in this forum about lip-singing, lol. BTW a few years ago history-concert München was every year on TV in germany silvester and after that people went on the amzon-side to bye everthing from Michael.

Yeah, and IIRC, we’ve only heard about 30ish songs from that era in total. There’s still many, many more to be heard.
Really? I have counted them days ago and came to roughly 15 (complete ones, of course).

Back