Thriller 40th Anniversary

So counting released and leaked songs how many songs from the Bad era do we have that we know of?
  1. Bad
  2. The Way You Make Me Feel
  3. Speed Demon
  4. Liberian Girl
  5. Just Good Friends
  6. Another Part of Me
  7. Man in the Mirror
  8. I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
  9. Dirty Diana
  10. Smooth Criminal
  11. Leave Me Alone
  12. Streetwalker
  13. Fly Away
  14. Scared of the Moon
  15. We Are Here to Change the World
  16. Cheater
  17. Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round
  18. I’m So Blue
  19. Song Groove (a.k.a. Abortion Papers)
  20. Free
  21. Price of Fame
  22. Al Capone
  23. Loving You
  24. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
  25. Come Together
  26. Someone Put Your Hand Out
  27. Throwing Your Life Away
  28. Groove Of Midnight
  29. Chicago 1945
  30. Buffalo Bill
  31. Dream Away
  32. Apocalypse Now
  33. What You Do To Me
  34. Get Around
  35. Eaten Alive (Solo)
  36. Crack Kills
  37. Tomboy
  38. Turning Me Off
  39. Make Or Break
“Chicago 1945,” “Dream Away,” and “Apocalypse Now” aren’t from the Bad sessions. “Get Around” was never officially designated to a specific era. I’m also not sure “Eaten Alive” should really count, but that’s an area of debate.

“Chicago 1945,” “Dream Away,” and “Apocalypse Now” aren’t from the Bad sessions. “Get Around” was never officially designated to a specific era. I’m also not sure “Eaten Alive” should really count, but that’s an area of debate.
it's after Thriller so I would say Victory sessions. On an anniversary album it would be mostlikely included in a Bad Anniversary album because the estate doesn't want to release them on jacksons albums. Also they wouldn't be that successful

“Chicago 1945,” “Dream Away,” and “Apocalypse Now” aren’t from the Bad sessions.
Yeah but the Estate considers Chicago 1945 as a Bad outtake, so we might as well consider Dream Away as a Bad outtake as well. And also JR Robinson (one of MJ's drummers for Bad) confirmed that Apocalpyse Now was indeed made for Bad.
JR was not convinced that Bad was a step in the right direction. "I always felt that after we had cut Off The Wall and moved into Bad I wanted him to go for more of a rock/Prince direction, me personally." he says. "I think that's okay for me to say that. There was another track I did that never made it called "Apocalypse Now" that I wrote six and a half minutes of military drum cadences for...It was a very hip tune but it never made the record. I was kind of upset about that."
MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg

So they kept the contemporary contributors to a minimum and focused on the album—that’s exactly what I wanted to hear! Plus, studio footage???? Take note, Spike Lee!
I don't think he needs to, he's just got a different approach. If the Victory footage in this aren't complete songs, I'll sh*t on it.

Yeah but the Estate considers Chicago 1945 as a Bad outtake, so we might as well consider Dream Away as a Bad outtake as well. And also JR Robinson (one of MJ's drummers for Bad) confirmed that Apocalpyse Now was indeed made for Bad.

MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg
Odd. In an interview with Brice Najar, he said it was an Invincible outtake.

The footage in the doc sounds cool, but I'm not getting too excited yet. It's probably snippets rather than anything of note. I hope I'm wrong though

Still can't believe we have to wait till January to see it, feels like they missed an opportunity

Apocalypse Now has always intrigued me, I wonder why it's not been released yet

Maybe Apocalypse Know is like a demo for They Dont Really Care About Us?

The footage in the doc sounds cool, but I'm not getting too excited yet. It's probably snippets rather than anything of note. I hope I'm wrong though

Still can't believe we have to wait till January to see it, feels like they missed an opportunity

Apocalypse Now has always intrigued me, I wonder why it's not been released yet

I think it's more likely that it'll just be footage in the background with someone talking over it if I'm honest. I also hope I'm wrong.

Let’s all take a moment to acknowledge that Thriller became the best-selling album of all time by February 1984, just over a year after it was released. In an age where physical sales were paramount, it’s still outdoing everyone else. Absolutely incredible.
Amen to that. 🥰

Back