Travis Payne discusses the creative works of Michael Jackson and his choreographers

qbee

Proud Member
Travis Payne Interview 12-2013

Travis Payne discusses the creative works of Michael Jackson and his Choreographers over the years and also addresses the recent Controversy over a dance number on Dancing With The Stars, where Vincent Paterson made accusations that he wasn't credited properly and his work was stolen.

FULL Interview Here : http://travispayne.com/?page_id=27

I watched this video , and honestly it was really interesting! Thanks for posting! :)

I thought is was interesting as well. That's why I posted it. Travis is very gracious in how he speaks of Michael and toward the unfounded accusations. He respects all of them and wants the same in return.

I thought it was an interesting interview and what a good intelligent speaker he is

can someone post a summary for the lazy ones :p

I loved this interview, it really shows how great he is at fielding these questions. I read what Vincent Paterson said on Facebook, and I think his behavior then and since has been shameful and childish. He should know better.

My favorite moment is at 45:00 is when he is searching for the right word and lands on "Craziness."

Really well said over all, and I for one totally support him. He is known as an expert on ALL of Michael's dance work, and that is why Michael employed him on This Is It and not Vincent Paterson. Perhaps he is bitter that he is not asked to work on these projects, but his expertise is on the dances that he himself worked on, not everything. Plus, Travis is exceptionally good at evolving the work for a contemporary live show while maintaining the integrity of the work, another reason Michael had him on board.

Lark

TP is a very articulate person.

I like the way he kept emphasising that MICHAEL JACKSON AND Vince Patterson created the work, without actually saying Vince should also share credit with MJ and stop being so greedy.

What I liked was his use of language - archiving and curating. It places the appropriate value on the work that Michael and his choreographers created. It makes them art. And I am very pleased that Michael recognised that he was creating works of art that would need to be curated, archived and built upon. Michael's body of work (both audio and visual) should NEVER be classed as mere pop culture products, to be consumed and discarded.

Travis Payne and Stacy Walker are doing an online dance 'Master' class for the 'TII' audition choreography, with private coaching:

We’re thrilled to announce our #online #dance #workshop + #private #coaching #session presented by: ICoachDance ▫️This session is incredibly rare and can’t be found anywhere else! Our class will feature the audition choreography from MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT TOUR!

Dancers who want a real audition experience will not want to miss this opportunity. Learn from us and improve your audition approach by signing up for our class and live private coaching session! CLICK THE LINK TO SIGN UP!

https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdvLs7EMNbDOvW__E…/viewform

#michaeljackson �� #kingofpop�� #thisisittour #audition #danceglobal

Back