TWYMMF inspired by Everybody Wants to Rule the World?

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Was TWYMMF inspired by Everybody Wants to Rule the World from Tears for Fears?

youre the reason I posted this thread
you didn't like me posting stuff like that in the other thread
stop hating on me
I'm not hating. You do contribute a lot. I just don't be understanding where you come up with this stuff lol

Yes, 'The Way You Make Me Feel' was inspired by 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World', as confirmed by several sources, such as:

"[Michael] Jackson wanted a big sound, similar to Tears for Fears' 1985 hit 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' but with more of a shuffle" (Joseph Vogel, 'Man In The Music' book)
stop hating on me
@Mister_Jay_Tee hates a lot of people here.

I'd go as far to say that Michael liked the lyrics of Everybody Wants to Rule the World, especially these parts:
Welcome to your life
There's no turning back

Help me to decide
Help me make the most
Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever

One headline why believe it?

I thought this, too! Upon hearing the song “Everybody Wants To Rule The World”, I was reminded of the familiar drum beats and bass. Now there are verified sources confirming Michael was inspired by the Tears For Fears song. 😊

Yes, 'The Way You Make Me Feel' was inspired by 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World', as confirmed by several sources, such as:

"[Michael] Jackson wanted a big sound, similar to Tears for Fears' 1985 hit 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' but with more of a shuffle" (Joseph Vogel, 'Man In The Music' book)

@Mister_Jay_Tee hates a lot of people here.
This might be the most factual thing you've ever said. There's hope for you yet.
😂😂😂😂

Even this song is better than TWYMMF. I don't understand, why Michael and Quincy made such a bad song. Every song from Bad album is pure masterpiece, except TWYMMF. This song is such a boring cliche... worst song, Michael have ever created 😔

Even this song is better than TWYMMF. I don't understand, why Michael and Quincy made such a bad song. Every song from Bad album is pure masterpiece, except TWYMMF. This song is such a boring cliche... worst song, Michael have ever created 😔
Oh… I always thought TWYMMF was one of Michael’s best songs. It’s funky, has a dance beat, a tight showbiz tune molded for the pop charts. A lot of cool 80s synths. One of the first songs an adult Michael showed his prowling, flirty side - the song is about propositioning a street hooker - kind of shocking and surprise from Michael.

To each their own, but TWYMMF is one of my faves.

Last edited:
Oh… I always thought TWYMMF was one of Michael’s best songs. It’s funky, has a dance beat, in-tune showbiz tune moulded for the pop charts.
Music sample of this song is one of the boringest samples, Michael have ever used. It reminds sample of 2000 Watts song - they are both pretty simple. I know, you can dance on it, but i would rather choose an Unbreakable or I Can't Let Her Get Away as songs with good dance beat
the song is about propositioning a street hooker
That's not true... The girl in this song is not a hooker... It was inspired by John Travolta movie... Moreover Michael dedicated this song to his mother.... He would never done it, if this song contained prostitution context

I guess you are referring strictly to the shuffle here? Then no, that wasn’t an invention by Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley, and Chris Hughes. Michael’s inspiration was more likely from jazz, where shuffle (“swung time”) is most commonly seen.

Everybody wants to rule the world - it screams 1980's it's so nostalgic sounding to that period.

It's plastered all over tiktok whenever there's an 80s related video

Back