Ultimate Collection on Spotify - All songs not available?

I brought the white one when it first came out in 04. I'm pretty certain that Europe got the black version and the white version was USA. White isn't a re-issue just different region. On another note. I noticed that Spotify removed the Ultimate collection a few weeks ago (I'm a premium member) which bummed me out cause I lost PYT Demo and Someone put your hand out. Thankfully I have the actual CD (among the rest of my collection) and back them up to my computer. I've been breaking out my old ipod since Spotify tends to remove things which is real annoying.

I might listen to the odd thing on Spotify but don't trust any of it due to reasons like this. Storage is cheap enough that there is no excuse not to own your music!

Isn't there anything we can do about it?

That's why you use a streaming service that allows you to upload your own music, such as Google Play or Apple Music ;)

See Sony/The Estate could take down the entire MJ catalogue off streaming services tomorrow but it wouldn't affect me since I can just upload my own copies up there, plus I get the benefit of being able to stream 40,000,000+ songs :D

I actually just checked this and you're right. As a free member, the demos do not play for me and are greyed out, but they show up fine and play for my brother who has a Premium account. This is really odd and inconsistent as Premium Songs are meant to be labeled as such:

pu4vjEn.png
I agree with you completely. You can add YOUTUBE MUSIC to that list which is what Google Play changed into. You can upload your own songs into the streaming service. I have done that with numerous MJ and J5 songs that are not available on streaming including all available unreleased tracks as well and they play alongside the official streamed material available in large playlists I create. I would never use any streaming service that does not have the upload option available.

I just went on Spotify and The Ultimate Collection is NOT listed in Michael's discography! huh? 🤔

Kinda silly it's still not on there. Some tracks on there that are pretty awesome and are getting virtually no exposure nowadays.

Reactions: ssj
Ultimate Collection hasn’t been available for the past 3-4 years on iTunes, Spotify.

I'm happy they've depreciated this. The sound quality is not good.

We've got some songs now available on Thriller 40 in better sound. And maybe eventually they'll make a new Ultimate Collection.

Back