unreleased song list

MJJ567

Proud Member
I took this list from the Spanish forum Mjhideout, translated it into English and fixed some data, every day I will edit the list adding more information, if you find any errors or a song is missing, write it down and I will do it. please add it so far i only did 1977 to 2009, then i will add earlier years like 1972 or 1969. thanks.

1977:
Disco Kid (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson
"Written between 1977 and 1979"

Goodness Knows (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson

Sweet Music (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson

1978:
Lowa (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
"Janet said in 1993 that this was one of the classical music tracks that had been composed and recorded as a demo by MJ"

Goin' To Rio (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager)
Michael Jackson
"Recorded for Off The Wall. Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Brazilian singer Tom Jobin, who worked with Quincy Jones acknowledged hearing the demo and said it had Brazilian music arrangements.
In 2016 Carole says she knows nothing about the song."

Susie (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's circa 1979 Little Susie demo. Cassette demo recorded on November 20, 1984.

That Girl (Michael, Randy, Tito, Jackie and Marlon Jackson)
The Jacksons
Recorded on August 1, 1978. It was proposed for Destiny and ended up being replaced by "Blame it on the Boogie", later also did not enter Triumph.

We Are The Ones (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson or The Jacksons
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit.

Where is love?
Michael Jackson
MJ told a journalist that he had recorded this cover of Oliver's BSO.

1979:
Always, be not always (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's from around 1979. Demo of "Be Not Always" from Victory.

Be A Pepper II
The Jacksons
Radio jingle recorded for a Dr. Peppers campaign in USA. 30" and 60" version.
Version 60" published in the promo "The Music Of Dr. Pepper".
Released only on various media of the Young & Rubicam advertising agency (reel-to-reel tape, cassette tape and CD).

Gotta Find A Way Somehow (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1979 and registered at the copyright office in 1984.
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Somehow".

Holliday Inn (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1979 and registered with the copyright office in 1984.

In The Life Of Chico (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's from around 1979.

Startin' Somethin' (1979) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'".
Recorded for "Off The Wall".
Leaked.

Thank You For Life (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Year unknown, but possibly recorded for "Off The Wall".
Cassette demo recorded on November 20, 1984.
Michael acknowledges having composed it at the trial of The Girl Is Mine in Chicago.

Under Your Skin (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial.

You Not Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Part of his lyrics ended up in the song "This Had To Be" by the Brothers Johnson where MJ participates in the chorus.

You Told Me Your Lovin' (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Unknown [circa 1980s]:

Attitude (Kathy Wakefield, Michael Pierre Colombier and Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson?
1984? Registered with EMI Publishing Company.

Bad girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ admitted to writing this song at the Mexico 93 trial.

Boots Groove
Michael Jackson
Demo held by Brad Sundberg who worked with MJ from Bad to HIStory. Similar sound to the Louis Johnson bass line on "Get On The Floor".

Changes
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the mid 80's with John Barnes: "an upbeat demo played on piano and programmed drums". A catchy track and would have been a big hit if it had been finished and released. It has very raw vocals, with MJ mumbling and humming a melody throughout it with the verses singing, "I can't get over the changes" and asking What are you trying to do to me?"

Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Theme quoted in the Mexico 93 trial

Far, far away (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized in the 1993 Mexico trial.

Get Around (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the 1993 Mexico trial.

I Forgive You (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

In The Valley (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Possibly reprised for "Invincible" with Tyrese.

Just Feel It
The Jacksons
Possibly from the Victory era

Michaelmania
Michael Jackson

Nervous (Possibly Randy Waldman)
Michael Jackson
Composed for MJ but not recorded. Time unknown. Recorded by Ty Waters in 2017 with Randy Waldman and Bruce Gaitch on songwriting credits and produced by Dawn Elder.

People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke (Michael Jackson possibly with one of his brothers).
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial.

Peter Pan (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Possibly one of the songs he composed for the BSO of what would become Hook.

Remember This Night
Michael Jackson
Possible unfinished work with Paul McCartney.

Saved By The Bell (Michael and Jermaine Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 1993 trial.

Unknown (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Track registered at BMI. It is unclear if that is the title or it was tentatively registered that way.

1980:

Slipped Away (Michael and Marlon Jackson)
The Jacksons
Exists in at least two versions.

Somewhere In Time (Michael Jackson)
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Some How".

Why Can't It Be (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
Version recorded, supposedly, for Triumph
Michael admits to having composed it at The Girl Is Mine trial in Chicago (6 December 84)
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial under the title "Why Can't I Be".

1981:

Give Me Some Starlight, Starlight Sun and Starlight (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Early versions of "Thriller".
Starlight: [Leaked]

Much Too Soon / Learned My Lesson (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on January 14, 1985 under two titles.
[Released on the album "MICHAEL" in December 2010 with the added guitar of Tommy Emmanuel].

Nite Line (Glen Ballard, Brie Howard, David Allen Faragher)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for "Thriller".
[Leaked]

Nymphette Lover (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984.

The Toy (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
Composed for the BSO of "The Toy" (Richard Pryor). Possibly intended to be reused for Victory.
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984. Early version of "Best Of Joy".

Trouble (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked]

It Don't Matter To Me (Michael Jackson & Paul Anka)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1981.
Excerpt of MJ's heavily processed vocals released on Drake's song of the same title released in 2018.

Love Never Felt So Good (Michael Jackson, Paul Anka & Kathy Wakefield)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1981.
Released in 1985 by Johnny Mathis.
Demo leaked on the net. Demo released on the deluxe edition of the posthumous album Xscape (2014).

Who Do You Know (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Slapstick (Rod Temperton)
"Hot Street" demo [leaked].

1982:

Behind The Mask - (Chris Modsell, Ryuichi Sakamoto and MJ)
Michael Jackson
[Released with posthumous arrangements on the "MICHAEL" album in December 2010]

Carousel (Michael Sembello, D. Freeman)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Thriller and replaced by "Human Nature".
Also known as "Circus Girl".
Released in a cut version on Thriller Special Edition.
Leaked full version.

Don't Be Messin' Around
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Thriller, MJ plays the piano. Recognized by Bruce Swedien.
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of tracks as "Don't Be Messin'".
In 2012, a demo recorded in 1986 is released as the B-side of the reissue of the Bad 25 single "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". After his stint on the Thriller and Bad sessions, it was reworked for Dangerous and HIStory.

Hot Street (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Thriller
Leaked

Rolling The Dice (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Michael admits in the Mexico 93 trial that a demo was recorded in Encino, but they didn't think it was good enough for the album.

Stand Tall (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial.

The Girl Is Mine - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
Version without Paul McCartney.
Leaked.

[Untitled melody] (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984 under the title "M.J. melody".

1983:

Bad Company
The Jacksons
Recorded, supposedly, for "Victory".

Born To Love
The Jacksons

Chicago 1945 (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
Michael Jackson
According to Matt Forger. "It talks about an era in time, about what was going on at that time in Chicago, that year. It's almost like you're reading the newspapers at the time. Maybe Michael used the idea for Al Capone, and Al Capone was the idea for Smooth Criminal." According to Porcaro, the song is complete musically and vocally and is perfectly publishable as is. It has no relation to "Al Capone" or "Smooth Criminal." The lyrics tell the story of some girls who went out at night and disappeared. Part of the lyrics go "Three girls disappeared on a cold, windy night / Never to be found again, never to be found again" and references to Chicago like World's Fair, Al Capone, The Chicago Tribune.... Musically it is similar to "Behind the mask" and was recorded after Thriller and before the Victory Tour. According to Rodney Jerkins' official website, he worked again on the track for Invincible, recovered for The Ultimate Collection and Xscape projects (Porcaro refused because of his aversion to "contemporizations".

Far Far Away (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
Michael Jackson

Nona (Jackie Jackson)
The Jacksons
Dedicated to Sophia Loren. Recorded for "Victory".

Playin' With Fire (Jackie Jackson, Pamela Phillips-Oland, Jack Wargo)
The Jacksons
Composed for Victory (circa 83-84), but ended up on Greg Phillinganes' Pulse LP. This is confirmed by Jackie in an interview published on the CD reissue of that album.

Power (Jackie Jackson)
The Jacksons
Recorded for "Victory". Released by Tramaine Hawkins in 1987.

Still In Love With You
The Jacksons
Recorded for "Victory" with lead vocals by Randy.

Tender
The Jacksons

There Must Be More To Life Than This (Freddie Mercury)
Michael Jackson
Leaked demo with Mercury on piano
Released by Freddy Mercury on his 1985 album Mr. Bad Guy
A remixed version produced by William Orbit with the original music from the Hot Space sessions with May on guitar, Taylor on drums and Deacon on bass was released on Queen Forever (2015). Brian May did another version for this album, but it was not released.

[Title unknown]
Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra
Andy Wharhol met Sinatra after a concert in January 1983 and Sinatra told him he was working on a song with MJ for his next album.

1984:

Buffalo Bill (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Confirmed by Frank Dileo in 1984 and by MJ on several occasions. John Barnes: "It's great but we never quite finished it. I love it and I'd like to help finish it. It's a throwaway from Victory and was considered for inclusion on Bad. It was one of the first complete tracks I did for and with Michael." MJ said he wrote it after Billie Jean. Bruce Swedien: "It has a great symphonic intro and a lovely melody." David Williams: "Buffalo Bill is a different direction for Michael. It has a more vocal sound and includes his brothers singing more than in the past."
Bill Bottrell: "We were fiddling around with 'Buffalo Bill'. It had a strong John Barnes influence, and a very cool chorus: 'Who shot Buffalo Bill? They said he shot a lot, did he ever get killed?"

Kreeton Overture (Michael Jackson, Marty Paich, Jai Winding and Patrick Leonard).
Theme for the Victory Tour intro.

Mister Gold (Don Black, Walter Scharf)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1984 and recorded on four sheets by Mijac Music on February 22, 1984.

Not now (Don Black, Walter Scharf)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1984 and recorded on five sheets by Mijac Music on February 22, 1984.

State Of Shock - Demo (Michael Jackson, Randy Hansen)
The Jacksons
Leaked demo with the voices of Jackson and Mercury in duet.

Turning Me Off (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
Rhythmic track supposedly recorded for "Bad" and reworked for "Dangerous".

Victory (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
MJ and Freddie recorded it in the summer of '83 in Encino's studio. There were no musicians and in the absence of a drummer, they used Peter Freestone, Freddie's assistant, who was slamming the rhythm of the song during the 5-6 hours that the recording lasted. The song was intended for Queen's Hot Space, then it was thought for Victory, but they never finished the recording. Brian May tried to finish it in 1998, but didn't know how to do it. In 2002 it was said that May and Taylor recorded backing vocals to include the track on a Queen box set, but due to problems with the rights it was also abandoned. According to producer Greg Ladanyi, three versions of the song exist. One with Michael's voice, one with Freddie's and one recorded by Queen.

1985:

Alright Now (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
According to John Barnes, the song is from 1985 and there is a demo sung by MJ. Ralph Tresvant published it sung by himself. Reworked, supposedly, for "Dangerous".

Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
1985: Produced by MJ, instrumentation by John Barnes. Released on Xscape Deluxe.
2010: Produced by John McClain with new guitar by Steve Lukather for inclusion on the album Michael (2010) which is eventually cancelled. [Leaked]
2014: Produced by Timbaland and Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon for Xscape CD1.

Eaten Alive - Demo (Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb and Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo recorded by MJ in Los Angeles after listening to and reworking the Gibb's original demo. The song was for Diana Ross who released it in 1985.

Hot Fever (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Cassette demo recorded on October 28, 1985.

Tomboy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for "Bad".
Cassette demo recorded on October 28, 1985. According to Matt Forger "It's a very fun track. Very up-tempo, with a lot of character and energy (...) It was one of the songs that I think was pretty complete, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a fantastic track and I'm very hopeful that it will come out at some point." Roger Troutman and John Barnes worked on it: "It's complete with a drum synth, beautiful strings, a great guitar riff and a slap bass reminiscent of Captain EO. It also has a subtle ba-da-ba-ba-bah, reminiscent of 'I bet you remember' from 'Remember The Time'".

What You Do To Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Theme composed for "Bad".

You Were There (Michael Jackson and Buz Kohan) (1985?)
Michael Jackson
Performed at Sammy Davis Jr.'s 65th Anniversary gala.

1986:

Bumper Snippet (Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Recorded during the "Bad" sessions

Crack Kills (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson with Run DMC
A demo exists with vocals by MJ. Part of the lyrics were reused for the long version of the song "Bad".

Loving You (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Originally recorded at "Red Wing Studio" in San Fernando Valley and reworked at Hayvenhurst Studio.
Demo released on the deluxe edition of the posthumous album Xscape (2014).

Make Or Break (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Alternate titles "For God's Shake" or "Make a Break". Possibly reworked with Teddy Riley for Invincible. According to John Barnes: "It was a song written by Michael and myself. We never quite finished it. There is an incomplete vocal demo. There are also some of the lyrics. It was the third piece I created using the Synclavier. I think it has potential as a song. It didn't make it onto Bad."

Pyramid Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Liberian Girl Demo

Saturday or Saturday Night Woman or Saturday Woman(Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
According to Frank Cascio, it talks about a girl who tries to attract attention and attends many parties instead of concentrating on her relationship.
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Saturday Woman".

Stand By Me (Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller)
Michael Jackson
Rob Reiner, director of the movie "Stand By Me" (titled in Spain "Quédate conmigo") asked MJ to record a version of Ben E. King's song. He later decided that he would use the original version of the song as it coincided with the era depicted in the film. Rumor has it that MJ recorded a demo for Reiner.

Tender Love (James Samuel Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson
Michael is rumored to have recorded a demo of this track, which he discarded, and it was recorded by the group FORCE M.D'S.

Who's Bad (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "Bad

1987:

Apocalypse Now
Michael Jackson
According to drummer John Robinson's comments to the English magazine Rhythm, he recorded several drum sessions that formed a 6 and a half minute track with military cadences. He was joined by three other musicians (Don Williams, Dan Greco and Bob Zimmitti) who recorded more percussion for the track. Four large drums, four small drums, two sets of cymbals and a bass drum were used. Could be the germ of TDCAU (composed in 1989, worked with Bryan Loren in 89-90 and recorded for HIStory around 1994).

Bad - Pepsi Version (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Bad with lyric changes for the Pepsi commercial.

Fantasy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Theme recorded, supposedly, for "Bad". Other information suggests that he worked on it with Jermaine.
Recognized in the 1993 Mexico trial and by MJ's Estate in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial.

Get In To The Groove (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of "Black Or White".
Recorded for "Bad".

Girl Of Another Love (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit. There is another track titled "Ghosts of another lover", because of the similarity of the title it could be the same song.

Groove Of Midnight (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
It appears supposedly in a batch of Bad-era studio tapes auctioned a few years ago. From them a small snippet of Michael singing this song was leaked. The song was eventually given to Siedah Garret who performs it on her album Kiss of Life.

I'm Not Alone (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Neverland Landing (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
One of the 3 or 4 (?) tracks MJ worked on with Alan Kohan for the soundtrack of Steven Spielberg's "Peter Pan".
Apparently it was recorded in 1987 and reused in 1991.
On the net there is a fake with that name.
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of tracks.
Joe Vogel has a copy (probably by Buz Kohan).

Someone Put Your Hand Out (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of the track with the same title.
There are at least two worked versions between Bad and Dangerous held by Brad Sundberg. They have different lyrics and music, from midtempo to ballad, [Leaked].

The Sky Is The Limit (Michael and Jermaine Jackson)
Michael Jackson

1988:

Throwin' Your Life Away (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded on cassette on October 26, 1988. Recorded at Westlake Studios during a three-week period in the middle of the Bad Tour. Contains the entire vocal and instrumental track. Part of the lyrics say "Immorality's my game. From Bliss I came. In Bliss I'm sustained. To Bliss I return. If you don't know it now. It's a shame. Are you listening?". Demo held by Brad Sundberg. It was considered for the album "Michael" and Neff-U worked on it for "Xscape".
[Leaked].

What About Us:
Originally recorded in 1988, early version of "Earth Song."

Too Much Monkey Business (Michael Jackson and Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "Monkey Business".

1989:

Black Or White - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bottle Of Smoke (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Doing Dirty (Michael Jackson and Marlon Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Reused for the compilation Decade although it didn't end up in the tracklist. It is possible that it was started to be composed for Victory.

Heal The World - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

I Have This Love Of Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico Trial 1993

I'll Be There - Adult Version (Bob West, Harold Davies, Willie Hutch and Berry Gordy Jr.)
Michael Jackson

If You Don't Love Me (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, Bernard Belle, Bill Botrell)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for "Dangerous".
[Leaked].

It Doesn't Really Matter - (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of Who is it. Recorded for the unreleased compilation Decade.

Monkey Business (Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked].

Never Can Say Goodbye - Adult Version (Clifton Davis)
Michael Jackson

Slave To The Rhythm (LA Reid and Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Demo recorded for Dangerous. Possibly the vocals were re-recorded in 1998, MJ showed it to Rodney Jerkins but they didn't work on it. After 2009, a hacker named DJ Stolen stole it from a hard drive and leaked it. Producer Tricky Stewart told Vibe that he worked on the track and wanted to totally change the concept of the song. Possibly his mix done in 2002 is the one we have leaked. The track is submitted to the selection of "MICHAEL" in 2010. In 2013 the producer Max Methods who works with Tricky records Justin Bieber's verses and a duet is leaked without the Estate's authorization.

Splash, We Can Get Wet Babe (Michael Jackson and D. Brack)
Michael Jackson

Stay (Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Some How".

Strawberry Fields Forever (Lennon)
Michael Jackson
According to the latest issue of the fan magazine 'Black&White' the song was recorded for the compilation "Decade" which was to be released in 1989. This magazine has false information and no collaborator of MJ has knowledge that this song was ever contemplated.

Who Is It - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked]

Work (Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren)
Janet Jackson
According to Bryan Loren, he composed an instrumental track and asked Janet to do the lyrics. The song didn't make it into Rhythm Nation. Michael confessed to him a couple of years later that he wrote the lyrics for her.

Work That Body (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked].
There is a 7:04 demo in Bryan Loren's possession.

[Unknown, circa 1990s]:

House Groove (Bryan Loren)
Demo in Loren's possession. Status unknown.

Homeless Bound
MJ asked his team to go out and record voices and testimonials from people living on the streets. An instrumental demo was constructed with these voices for HIStory. MJ did not get to record the lyrics. Held by Brad Sundberg.

Palestine or Palestine Don't Cry
Michael Jackson
Lyrics perhaps worked on aboard Concorde.

Jane is a groupie
Michael Jackson
Possibly from the Dangerous era. Recorded by MJ with Michael Boddicker. At least one demo exists in the hands of Brad Sundberg. Inspired by the Sly and the Family Stone song with the same title. Leaked a fragment of almost two minutes.

Serious Moonlight (Bryan Loren)
Theme proposed by Bryan Loren to MJ, inspired by Bowie. Demo sung by Loren of 4:42. Michael didn't like it.

Title unknown / Tabloid Jungle
Michael Jackson
According to engineer Ryan Arnold: "'Tabloid Junkie' was originally called 'Tabloid Jungle' and was pretty much complete, just a little dated and with a slightly different theme. (...) It was a track he recorded after the "Bad" album. I don't know the exact year, but the version we initially heard was completely different. Jam and Lewis collaborated to change the song quite drastically. It was much less harmonic and textured than what ended up on the album." According to Jimmy Jam before working on it for HIStory, "The song was really simple, Michael already had a concept and had written the lyrics." The title "Tabloid Jungle" would come as early as the HIStory sessions. According to Jam, "We were going to call it 'Tabloid Jungle' because we felt that the tabloids were the hunters and Michael was the prey. He was the biggest trophy in the jungle and the media's mission was to capture him."

1990:

1990:

A Baby Smiles (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
It is considered to be included on Dangerous, but its composition dates from the late 1970s. The title "Baby Smiles" appears in a notebook from circa 1979 along with 4 other tracks. Possibly the lyrics are contained in the poem "When babies smile" published in "Dancing the Dream".

Ask Her It (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bad Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bumper Snippet (Kid) (Michael Jackson & Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.

Fever (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note along with "Deep In The Night" and "Superfly Sister". Instrumental demo with MJ's vocals on backing vocals held by Brad Sundberg.

For All Time (Michael Sherwood, David Paich and Steve Porcaro)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.

Free (Carole Bayer Sager, Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Ghost of another love
Michael Jackson
Worked for Dangerous and reworked in 2009. A demo exists in the possession of engineer Thom Russo, who played it at Kingvention 2016. (Leaked low quality recording).

Give In To Me - Demo (Michael Jackson and Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Gone Too Soon - Demo (Buz Kohan, Larry Grossman)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Michael Jackson

In The Closet - Demo (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Jam - Demo (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, René Moore and Bruce Swedien)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Joy (Michael Jackson, Tammy Lucas)
Michael Jackson
Composed for Dangerous. The melody is written by MJ and the lyrics by Lucas. Ultimately not used and released by Blackstreet.

Keep The Faith - Demo (Michael Jackson, Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Little Girls (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Call Lola (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lonely Bird (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lonely Man (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lucy Is In Love With Linus (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Make A Wish (Michael Jackson, Alan "Buz" Kohan)
Michael Jackson
One of the 3 or 4 (?) tracks MJ worked on with Alan Kohan for Steven Spielberg's "Peter Pan" soundtrack. MJ recorded the demo with an orchestra. Spielberg had the habit of playing that piece to his children to make them sleep at night.

Man In Black or Men In Black (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Bryan Loren confirmed to a fan that the correct title bears the singular "Man" instead of "Men". There is a demo sung by Loren with Michael doing backing vocals. According to Loren, MJ made it because he heard that Spielberg wanted to make a movie. MIB would be released 7 years later. 2 minutes of the instrumental demo with backing vocals by MJ held by Brad Sundberg, leaked.

Michael McKellar (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ acknowledges the title at the Mexico 93 trial. The lyrics talk about child neglect. [Excerpt]. Matt Forger thinks he remembers it being recorded for HIStory "It's a very interesting track and it's not your typical Michael dance beat. It's a ballad with a unique feature and the main character is a character named Michael McKellar, who he describes in the song." Possibly discarded in favor of the similarly themed "Little Susie".

Remember The Time - Demo (Michael Jackson, Bernard Belle and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Satisfy You / To Satisfy You (Bryan Loren and Michael Jackson)
Bryan Loren
Demo recorded by MJ in 1990 (backing vocals only) and released by Bryan Loren in 1992 with his solo vocals and MJ's backing vocals.

Serious Effect (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson with LL Cool J
Originally recorded for "Dangerous".
Leaked
Demo of 5:26 in Loren's possession different from the leaked one.

She Got It (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.
There is a demo of 7:20 in Loren's possession.

Stay (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson

The Love You Save - Adult Version (Freddie Perren, Fonce Mizell, Deke Richards, Berry Gordy Jr.)
Michael Jackson

Time Marches On (Bruce Swedien)
An instrumental demo exists, no lyrics were recorded. The track evolved into "Jam". It is held by Brad Sundberg.

Verdict (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

What About Us (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Second Version of "Earth Song".
Leaked.

1991:

All The Truth or All The Truth You Need (Bryan Loren).
Appears on an MJ work note and there are several DAT tapes from Rene Moore's studio titled "Ask Rene 3".
5:02 demo in Loren's possession in which he sings and Michael does backing vocals. LL Cool J is also on the song. Shana Mangatal has a copy on cassette.

Best Of Joy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Worked for Dangerous and reworked by MJ in 2009. It was released on "Michael" (2010)

Black Or White - Pepsi Version (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Black or White with lyric changes for a Dangerous Tour/Pepsi commercial.

Bubble (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Call If Off
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Possibly worked on and co-written with Bryan Loren. Shana Mangatal has a copy on cassette.

Deep In The Night (Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note along with "Fever" and "Superfly Sister". Instrumental demo with MJ's vocals on backing vocals held by Brad Sundberg.
Leaked a 3 minute snippet.

Don't Believe it (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Talks about tabloids, MJ imitates the voice of reporters saying something like "strange pictures" and making the sound of cameras. Unfinished 5:46 long demo held by Loren and Shana Mangatal (who shares a few seconds in August 2019). MJ does the backing vocals and Loren does the lyrics. It ends with a beatbox from MJ.

Ghosts (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Published in "Blood On The Dancefloor" (1997).

Happy Birthday, Lisa (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded and published by Kipp Lennon on "Songs in the Key of Springfield" in 1997.

Heaven Is Here (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Little Susie - (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The same song from '79, reworked for "Dangerous".
The lyrics appear in an MJ notebook from the late 70's.

Planet Earth (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Poem published among the lyrics of Dangerous.
Published in the posthumous album This Is It.

Red Eye (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit.

Seven Bright New Stars (Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, D. Brack)
Michael Jackson

Seven Digits (Bryan Loren)
Bryan Loren worked on the instrumentation, but according to him, MJ didn't get to record the vocals due to lack of time and interest. Loren returned to work on it in 1996/97. 2:56 demo in Loren's possession. Shana Mangatal has a cassette copy and shares a few seconds in August 2019 in which MJ's voice is heard. She claims to have a cassette with 30 minutes of MJ composing 7 Digits and that the song has many different versions.

She's Not A Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Sister Sue (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized in the 1993 trial.

The Children's Hour (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

The Truth On Youth (LL Cool J, Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note with the notation "LL (Cool J) better rap harder on Truth on Youth."
LL Cool J sings a 5:02 demo with lyrics that were to be performed by MJ. The rapper wrote the lyrics and MJ worked on the song.

They Don't Care About Us (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Intended for "Dangerous". Released on "HIStory" (1995).

Tragedy Of A Cheerleader (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Who Is The Girl With Her Hair Down (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Why Shy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Unknown title track (Warren G)
Warren G has the instrumental he did at MJ's request. It's a smooth R&B track with intermittent synthesizer touches. Apparently MJ recorded vocal parts, but Warren never got to hear it, it was saved in a file and has not been heard from again.

1992:

Heal LA (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed by MJ as a response to the riots in Los Angeles after the trial of the policemen who assaulted Rodney King. The demo was worked on over the years until it became What More Can I Give. In 2018, part of the lyrics dated March 24, 1992, are coming up for auction. "What have I got that I can give. To life and to show you, to have and to hold you, to love is to live."

You Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Fanfare transition (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1992 and registered in the copyright office. Also called "Fanfare 1992".

1993:

Addam's Groove or Family Thing (Michael Jackson).
Alternate Titles: Family Affairs, Family Thing, Family Values
Michael Jackson
Recorded for the BSO of The Addams Family II. Cancelled due to the 1993 scandal.
Prepared for release under the name "Family Thing" as a single on 10-18-1993 (Cancelled).
Prepared for release under the name "Family Thing" as part of an album titled "Greatest Hits" whose release date would be 10-26-1993 (Cancelled).
Set to be released as a single under the name "Addam's groove" in December 1993 (Canceled)
Set to be released under the name "Family Thing" as part of an album titled "History (His Story)" with a release date of October 1994 (Cancelled).
"Family Thing" appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory.
A demo exists in which Bryan Loren sings the rap while Michael does the backing vocals.
The song's chorus reads:
"I don't care even if it's wrong or right / It's a family thing / It's a family thing.
When the day show me deep into the night / It's a family thing / It's a family thing / (Its family)"

California Grass (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Worked on the Dangerous sessions?

Dreams (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Track registered at BMI.

Fear (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded and dropped from HIStory

Is It Scary (Michael Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson
Early version of the track released on BOTD recorded for The Addams Family II soundtrack (cancelled due to the 1993 scandal).

The innocent man (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
There are several sheets of paper with parts of the lyrics. Possibly worked on in late spring/summer 1994 at Hit Factory (NY). Reworked by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince in 2007/8 at the Palms Hotel and Palomino's residence in Las Vegas. Michael Prince has confirmed that the backing vocals recording exists.

1994-95:

Bassouille or Basszouille (Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien).
Michael Jackson
Recorded for HIStory. According to engineer Ryan Arnold, Basszouille's sound had a circus feel in an orchestral way. It sounded like a cross between "Circus Girl/Carousel" with the texture of the instruments on "Little Susie".

Bombay Nights
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. Does not include MJ's vocals.

Evil Eye
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. Does not include MJ's voice.

Faces
Michael Jackson
The song was to include a speech by Nelson Mandela. After agreeing to do so, when the time came his advisors advised him to cancel his appearance. The demo begins with a powerful speech by Michael and continues with ethnic music featuring the band Stomp. Demo held by Brad Sundberg.
[Leaked].

Miracle
3T ft. Michael Jackson
In a Facebook post, Taryll Jackson shares a photo of a cassette tape labeled "MJJ & 3T: Miracle." The contents are unknown.

Revenge
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. Does not include MJ's voice.
In July 2016 another DAT dated February 27, 1995 comes up for auction.

The Best Thing
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. It does not include MJ's voice.

Why (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Intended for HIStory but MJ offers it to 3T for Brotherhood. Taj confirms in 2012 that there is a demo sung by Babyface with backing vocals by MJ and also a version sung by MJ.

Willing and waiting (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Worked for HIStory. There is a demo sung by Babyface. In possession of Brad Sundberg.

Delilah
Barry Mason, Les Reed
According to engineer Ryan Arnold, MJ recorded a funkier version of this track popularized by Tom Jones for HIStory.

1996:

Elizabeth, I Love You (Michael Jackson and Buz Kohan).
Michael Jackson
Performed on Elizabeth Taylor's 65th birthday.
Leaked 1:38 recorded in studio.

Secret Passage (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1996 and retaken in 1998 to be included in Invincible.

1997:

We Be Ballin'
Remix of "We Be Clubbin'" with vocals by Shaquille O'Neal, Ice Cube and Michael Jackson.
There are several versions: Master Mix, Street Mix and Work In Progress. There is also a leaked version of the track in which O'Neal and Cube's vocals have been replaced by Ricky Romance, Raz's brother (ex B2K).

Seeing Voices (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
In 2014, Frank Cascio puts up for auction a cassette labeled "12/10/97 - Michael Jackson Seeing Voices Rough Mix w/Strings Take 1". Michael Jackson with the Ray Charles orchestra (not to be confused with the soul singer). [Leaked].

That (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Can't Stop Me Now (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson.

1998:

Angel (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for the album invincible, it is quite complete, Babyface describes it as a fantastic song.

Ekam Satyam - The One Truth (Michael Jackson and A. R. Rahman)
Michael Jackson and A. R. Rahman
Duet recorded around September 1999. MJ singing in English and Rahman in Sanskrit. It was composed for the MJ&Friends but Michael's accident prevented it from being sung. Instead some dancers appeared, supposedly with the instrumental base of the song.

Monster (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, MJ only recorded the verse and hummed most of the song (vocally incomplete). Worked on until 2001.

Michael Jackson
Early version of The Way You Love Me. Not to be confused with the song of the same name recorded in 1985.

Do You Love Me (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, it seems that MJ did finish the song vocally.

Stop The War (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager)
Michael Jackson
Apparently it is the demo of We've Had Enough, recorded for Invincible.

1999:

Blue Gangsta (Dr. Freeze)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, Worked until 2001. Released on Xscape (2014)

A Place Without No Name (Dr. Freeze)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, Worked through 2001 and reprised in 2008-09. Published in Xscape (2014)

Escape (Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels and Harvey Jay Mason)
Michael Jackson
Also known as Xscape. Composed in 1999, supposedly recorded for Invincible and apparently re-recorded in late 2002.
Leaked
Released on the deluxe edition of the posthumous album Xscape (2014).

She Was Lovin'me (Michael Jackson, C. Rooney)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, worked on through 2001 and reprised in 2007-09. Released on Xscape (2014)

You Are My World (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Early version of You Are My Life (released on Invincible).

Another Day Ft Lenny Kravitz (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2001 but didn't make it to the Tracklist.

Beautiful Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2001, re-recorded in 2003-2004, released on The Ultimate Collection (2004) one of the first versions of the song, re-recorded again in 2005-06.

The Way You Love Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1998 for Invincible, worked on until 2001 and reworked in 2008-09, demo released on The Ultimate Collection (2004). Modernized version released on the album M I C H A E E L (2010).

Hollywood Tonight (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible and worked in the following years: 1999, 2000-01, 2003-04, 2006-07, 2008-09. Modernized version released on the album M I C H A E E L (2010).

Fall Again (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2000 but not finished by MJ because his eldest son got sick.

Rock My World (Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, demo of You Rock My World, released on Invincible.

What More Can I Give (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Solo version of the song, (song info in 1992), worked for Invincible.

I Have This Dream (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, reworked in 2003 and 2005. Instrumental available on the net.

Do You Want Me (Michael Jackson, Sisqo, Dru Hill)
Michael Jackson with Sisqo and Dru Hill

Belong 2 (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

Tubeway (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

La Mia Canzone Al Vento (Bixio Cherubini)
Michael Jackson
Dated June 18, 1999, during rehearsals for the MJ&Friends concert. MJ and Luciano Pavarotti were going to sing it as a duet but Pavarotti cancelled his attendance. In December 2013 a friend and assistant of MJ (presumably Frank Cascio) auctions a CD entitled "La Mia". It is unknown at what stage of the process the song is in. According to the auction house, the contents of the CD are only an instrumental track. Leaked a song sung by an impersonator, it is unclear if it is the same as what appears on the auctioned CD.

Chicago 1945 (Michael Jackson, Steve Pocaro)
Michael Jackson
New version produced by Rodney Jerkins for Invincible.

Rampage (Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
Instrumental track Jerkins worked on for Invincible. Leaked 23-second excerpt on his own Instagram account (Nov. 2017).

[Unknown, circa 2000s.]

Colour Of My Soul (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Deep In The Night (Brian Loren)
Michael Jackson
Sent by Loren for Invincible. No record of it being recorded. Unrelated to a previous track of the same title held by Brad Sundberg.

Hot fun in the summertime (Sly Stone)
Michael Jackson
Cover of the song by Sly & The Family Stone. Recorded on a hard drive found in a Los Angeles studio. Worked for the posthumous album Xscape but not included because it was not finished in time. L.A. Reid cites it as one of his favorites. According to Jesse Johnson, Michael doesn't participate much on vocals, most of it is sung by Mary J. Blige. It was recorded at Marvin's Room in 2007. D'Angelo and Jesse worked on it.

Just a Lover in My Life (Richard Stites)
Michael Jackson
MJ and Stites worked on it for Invincible but didn't get to record the final vocal. The song was never mixed and the vocals that MJ recorded (possibly just a vocal guide) remain in MJ's archive.

2000:

Get Your Weight Off Me
Michael Jackson, R. Jerkins, F. Jerkins III, L. Daniels
Track co-produced by Rodney Jerkins at the Invincible sessions.
The track continued to be worked on because Michael Prince, although not involved in the song, has a very finished 5:17 demo dated 20 June 2004 (85 bpm).
Leaked 7 second snippet.
CD auctioned in 2018 with a file titled "Get Your Weight Off of Me Masterdisk Europe.wav" dated 31 March 2014, the date of the Xscape announcement.

Edgar Allan Poe (Michael Jackson, Walter Afanasieff)
Michael Jackson

Get Around (Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III and LaShawn Daniels)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for "Invincible".

Kick It (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels and Norman Gregg)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for "Invincible

On My Anger (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, Blackstreet)
Michael Jackson

2001:

Cheater (Michael Jackson, Fred Jerkins III and Rodney Jerkins).
Michael Jackson with Fats
New version of the Bad era theme for Invincible

Crush (Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz)
Michael Jackson with Lenny Kravitz

Get Around (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III and LaShawn Daniels)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Invincible

I Don't Live Anymore (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

In The Valley (Michael Jackson and Tyrese)
Michael Jackson

Make Or Break (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson

Maybe We Can Do It (Michael Jackson, P. Diddy and Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
It was supposedly recorded for Invincible.

Revolution (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

That Kind Of Lover (Michael Jackson and Ray Ruffin with A1)
Michael Jackson

All For You
Various Artists
Spanish version of "What More Can I Give".
Leaked

You're A Liar (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed before 1993 but considered for Invincible.
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "You Are A Liar".

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Chris Tucker
The two recorded the duet song for the movie "Rush Hour 2".

The Gloved One (Sisqo)
Michael Jackson
Composed by Sisqo for Invincible.

Girls, girls, girls (Remix)
Jay Z and Michael Jackson
The remix version of this song was going to include MJ's voice singing the chorus, but Sony did not give permission for its release. Jay Z acknowledges that MJ is on the recording.

The Pain (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Harvey Jay Mason and Shawn Stockman)
Michael Jackson
Worked for Invincible. Incomplete according to Shawn Stockman.

Pressure (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, LaShawn Daniels, Fred Jerkins III and Harvey Jay Mason)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

Seduction (Michael Jackson and Shelby Lee Myrick II)
Michael Jackson
Mid-tempo recorded for Invincible.

Rise Above It All (Elliot Straite "Dr. Freeze")
Michael Jackson
Worked by MJ and Freeze. Freeze is unclear if MJ recorded his vocal parts on it.

Can I Live (Sisqó and Teddy Riley)
Originally intended for Invincible. Sisqó ended up recording it for his "Return Of The Dragon" in 2001.
It is unknown if MJ ever worked on it.

2002:

Satisfy (Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey
Track recorded for Charmbracalet that was never released. The track features Michael's backing vocals, whether original or taken from another unreleased track is unknown.

All in your name (Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb)
Known by the previous title "Prayer for peace". Barry Gibb confirmed in October 2005 the real title and that he recorded it with MJ in summer 2002. Michael is said to play keyboards. Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of songs under the name "Pray for Peace". Posted by Barry Gibb on the internet.

If I Were To Wish
A CD with this title comes up for auction in July 2016. Dated December 5, 2002. On the cover you can read the names Frank, Angel and Buxer (Frank and Eddie Cascio and Brad Buxer).

2003:

Force (Michael Jackson, Irv Gotti, Ashanti and Ja Rule).
Michael Jackson with Ashanti and Ja Rule

Maybe Tomorrow (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Resurrection (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Still Got It (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

This'll Make You Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Trash (Michael Jackson and Irv Gotti)
Michael Jackson

Trust In My Heart (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Wonderful World of Candy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Nisha Kataria
Recorded at Neverland for a charity project that was cancelled.
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of songs.

I Am A Loser or I Was The Loser or The Loser
Michael Jackson
According to Joe Vogel a beautiful and melodic half-time about lost love that MJ left almost finished. It begins to be recorded in January 2003 and is being reworked until the end of 2008. The title "The Loser" appears handwritten by MJ on a playlist he kept in his room on Carolwood Drive in 2009. Created with Brad Buxler and Michar Durham. One of the demos leaked in 2013.

Loving you (Brad Buxer)
Michael Jackson
Track composed by Brad Buxer in 2003. Frank Cascio collaborated by adding beat box sounds, moans and finger snaps made by himself before submitting the demo to MJ. It is unknown if MJ ever heard or worked on the song. In 2014 two CDs with instrumental ideas and without Cascio's parts added come up for auction.

2004:

Title unknown (Michael Jackson, Jae-R and Omer Bhatti).
Michael Jackson with Jae-R and Omer Bhatti

Breaking (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Dead Or Alive (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Healing My Feelings (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

What About Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Be Me 4 A Day (Michael Jackson and Grey Calix Days)
Michael Jackson
Also known as: "Be Me For A Day", "Just For One Day Be Michael", "Just For A Day", "Me 4 A Day" or "Be Michael". The song is registered at BMI.

Come Back (Michael Jackson and Jud Mahoney)
Michael Jackson
Composed by MJ with Jud Mahoney at Neverland.

2005:

Ferry Cross the Mersey (Gerry Marsden)
Michael Jackson
Cover of Gerry and the Pacemakers planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. During the breach of contract lawsuit, a recording of MJ singing the track was shown as evidence.

From The Bottom Of My Heart (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Updated/reworked version of "I Have This Dream." At best it would have an unusable MJ vocal guide.

He Who Makes The Sky To Grey (Jermaine Jackson and Sheik Abdullah)
Michael Jackson
Planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. Gospel.

I Have A Dream or I Have This Dream (Michael Jackson)
Various Artists
Theme for Katrina victims
There would be a demo with only MJ's voice. During the 2 Seas Records breach of contract trial, a recording of MJ singing the song was shown as evidence. Two recording sessions are known: November 1, 2005 in Los Angeles, attended by James Ingram, Shirley Caesar, the O'Jays and Ciara (MJ from Bahrain) and another with Snoop Dogg. As of early 2006, vocals from vocalists such as James Brown and R. Kelly had yet to be recorded. The song would have a big gospel influence. John Barnes did a lot of work on it.

I'm Into Something Good (Gerry Goffin and Carole King)
Michael Jackson
Cover of the song made famous by Herman's Hermits planned for the album that MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. During the breach of contract lawsuit, a recording of MJ singing the song was shown as evidence.

Light The Way
Michael Jackson
Planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. Possibly reworked in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.

You Are So Beautiful (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Untitled song for the Tsunami victims (Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer?)
Michael Jackson.

2006:

I'm Dreamin' (Michael Jackson)
MJ and Will.i.am
In a September 2013 interview, Will says he wanted to have used it on his album Willpower (2013) but the Estate wouldn't give him permission.

Miss You (I'm Gonna Miss You or I Will Miss You)
Michael Jackson
Song dedicated to the memory of James Brown according to Will.i.am. MJ's voice is in his files and the music is in Will.i.am's.

Now That I Found Love
Michael Jackson
Co-produced by Bruce Swedien. According to Raymone Bain, it would be the first single under 2 Seas Records and would be released on November 21, 2006 as a preview of an album in 2007.

The Fields of Athenry (Pete St. John)
Michael Jackson
Improvisation recorded with the Caherraggin Choir during a vocal warm-up prior to a recording in Ireland.

The Future
MJ and Will.i.am
Will mentioned this as one of the titles. Apparently with Latin flair and lyrics about the environment.

Still The King
MJ and Will.i.am

Why Can't You Hear Me
Posted online by Bill Bottrell with the voice of another singer with the text: "Working in Bahrain at MJ's request with Brian MacCleod. Composing unfinished Michael Jackson songs.

What's It Gonna Be (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Untitled track (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson.

2007:

Can You (Michael Jackson, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson
Rumored to be an unfinished track but with MJ's voice recorded.

Days Of The Broken Hearted (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston
It is rumored that Michael recorded it in Las Vegas, but its existence is unconfirmed. In 2015, Legacy Recordings posts a tweet asking fans for the title to trend on social media.

If We Still Love (Michael Jackson, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson

If You Don't Get It (John Legend, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson

Stay (also known as "Carry On")
Leaked fragment with the voice of an impersonator.

Water (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Song recorded in 2007 and possibly reworked in 2008-09, has sounds of Water drops throughout the song.

2008:

11 pm.
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham

Adore You
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the 2009 #1 MJ Song Book 2009 batch of tracks

Boy No
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch and again on January 13, 2010. Possibly MJ recorded vocals.

Butter Funk
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham, possibly there is an alternate title "Coco Butter".

Changes
Michael Jackson
Worked on in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.
Possible track recorded in the mid 1980s, later reworked after the release of HIStory with backing vocals by the Andrae Crouch Choir and reworked again with Buxer and M. Prince (Info included in the 1980s listing of this same track).

Days In Gloucestershire.
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.
Leaked in March 2014

Green Hornet Groove
Michael Jackson

Hold My Hand (Claude Kelly)
Michael Jackson, Akon
Cancelled first single off Akon's Freedom album
Leaked / Possible demo with MJ's vocals only
[Duet released on the album "MICHAEL" in December 2010 with new arrangements].

Hollywood
Michael Jackson
Possible alternate title of Hollywood Tonight, released on "Michael" (2010)

I Love You More
Michael Jackson

Jungle
Michael Jackson
Info included in the 1988 listing of this same track.

Just Remember
Michael Jackson

King Tutankhamun
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer & Michael Durham

Light The Way
Michael Jackson
Worked in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.
In 2005 this title already appears as part of the album that MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records.

Lovin' You
Michael Jackson

Dark Lady/H2O
Michael Jackson
Apparently recorded in October 2008. Incomplete vocals. "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It has a distinctive bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with an almost Arabic chorus, and a modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked, but the chorus can be released as is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

Michael's Affirmation
Michael Jackson
Instrumental track created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.

Pajamas
Michael Jackson

Photographs
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham. There is an instrumental recorded under the name "Photographs 2".

Rocker
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham, apparently MJ did record vocals.

Think Twice (Instrumental)

Walk Away (Instrumental)

You Are There (Instrumental)

2009:

Remember What I Told You
Michael Jackson
Possibly recorded in 2008 but reworked in 2009, it was recorded around June 19, 2009 and is the last song on which Michael put vocals. It is reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has one short verse and a multi-layered chorus. It may not end the same way as "Boy No," but perhaps it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

Baby's on Fire (Michael Jackson, Ryan D. Grove)
Michael Jackson
Recorded at BMI. It is not known if this is an MJ track or if a Grove track contains samples of an earlier MJ track.

Beatbox 2010
Michael Jackson
Recorded with Eric Kirkland and Prince Michael Durham.

Breed (or Breath, or Breathe)
Michael Jackson
Three weeks before June 25, Michael sent a CD to Deepak Chopra with a demo: "The music is very delicate, a very mellow piece. It was called 'Breed. He wanted to do a song about the environment and wanted me to give him a hand with the lyrics. He had great ideas for those lyrics, about how the trees were our lungs and the Earth was our body." Apparently recorded in May 2009. Often confused with "River Ripple".

D.I.E.
Michael Jackson
Apparently worked on during the last sessions.

For The World
Michael Jackson
MJ and Neff U worked on it in Los Angeles.

Shut Up And Dance
Michael Jackson
Work on it began around the time of the Invincible sessions (1999-2001). According to Joe Vogel, it is a great dance track that Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and the Bad era MJ for which he did not complete the vocal recording. According to Joe Vogel, there are parts where MJ hums, but not even on the whole song. Michael Prince played it at MJ Music Day in 2016 and said that MJ never recorded the lyrics.

You Are My World (R. Kelly)
Michael Jackson
Demo sent by R. Kelly to MJ. It is unknown if they ever worked on it together at any point. Leaked with Kelly's vocals.

Year unknown:

Bang Your Head (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster).
Michael Jackson

Broken Chair (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson

Don't Make Me Stay (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson

Lady Of Summer (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson.

Rap (Written by MJ and Bill Bottrell)
Appears on BMI

Promise (Written by MJ and Teddy Riley)
Appears on BMI

Last edited:
I took this list from the Spanish forum Mjhideout, translated it into English and fixed some data, every day I will edit the list adding more information, if you find any errors or a song is missing, write it down and I will do it. please add it so far i only did 1977 to 2009, then i will add earlier years like 1972 or 1969. thanks.

1977:
Disco Kid (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson

Goodness Knows (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson

Sweet Music (James Whitney)
Michael Jackson

1978:
Lowa (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
"Janet said in 1993 that this was one of the classical music tracks that had been composed and recorded as a demo by MJ"

Goin' To Rio (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager)
Michael Jackson
"Recorded for Off The Wall. Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Brazilian singer Tom Jobin, who worked with Quincy Jones acknowledged hearing the demo and said it had Brazilian music arrangements.
In 2016 Carole says she knows nothing about the song."

Susie (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's circa 1979 Little Susie demo. Cassette demo recorded on November 20, 1984.

That Girl (Michael, Randy, Tito, Jackie and Marlon Jackson)
The Jacksons
Recorded on August 1, 1978. It was proposed for Destiny and ended up being replaced by "Blame it on the Boogie", later also did not enter Triumph.

We Are The Ones (Michael Jackson)

Where is love?
Michael Jackson
MJ told a journalist that he had recorded this cover of Oliver's BSO.

1979:
Always, be not always (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's from around 1979. Demo of "Be Not Always" from Victory.

Be A Pepper II
The Jacksons
Radio jingle recorded for a Dr. Peppers campaign in USA. 30" and 60" version.
Version 60" published in the promo "The Music Of Dr. Pepper".
Released only on various media of the Young & Rubicam advertising agency (reel-to-reel tape, cassette tape and CD).

Gotta Find A Way Somehow (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1979 and registered at the copyright office in 1984.
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Somehow".

Holliday Inn (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1979 and registered with the copyright office in 1984.

In The Life Of Chico (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The lyrics are written in a notebook of MJ's from around 1979.

Startin' Somethin' (1979) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'".
Recorded for "Off The Wall".
Leaked.

Thank You For Life (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Year unknown, but possibly recorded for "Off The Wall".
Cassette demo recorded on November 20, 1984.
Michael acknowledges having composed it at the trial of The Girl Is Mine in Chicago.

Under Your Skin (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

You Not Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Part of his lyrics ended up in the song "This Had To Be" by the Brothers Johnson where MJ participates in the chorus.

You Told Me Your Lovin' (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Unknown [circa 1980s]:

Attitude (Kathy Wakefield, Michael Pierre Colombier and Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson?
1984? Registered with EMI Publishing Company.

Bad girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ admitted to writing this song at the Mexico 93 trial.

Boots Groove
Michael Jackson
Demo held by Brad Sundberg who worked with MJ from Bad to HIStory. Similar sound to the Louis Johnson bass line on "Get On The Floor".

Changes
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the mid 80's with John Barnes: "an upbeat demo played on piano and programmed drums". A catchy track and would have been a big hit if it had been finished and released. It has very raw vocals, with MJ mumbling and humming a melody throughout it with the verses singing, "I can't get over the changes" and asking What are you trying to do to me?"

Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Theme quoted in the Mexico 93 trial

Far, far away (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized in the 1993 Mexico trial.

Get Around (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson

In The Valley (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Possibly reprised for "Invincible" with Tyrese.

Just Feel It
The Jacksons
Possibly from the Victory era

Michaelmania
Michael Jackson

Nervous (Possibly Randy Waldman)
Michael Jackson
Composed for MJ but not recorded. Time unknown. Recorded by Ty Waters in 2017 with Randy Waldman and Bruce Gaitch on songwriting credits and produced by Dawn Elder.

People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke (Michael Jackson possibly with one of his brothers).
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial.

Peter Pan (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Possibly one of the songs he composed for the BSO of what would become Hook.

Remember This Night
Michael Jackson
Possible unfinished work with Paul McCartney.

Saved By The Bell (Michael and Jermaine Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Unknown (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Track registered at BMI. It is unclear if that is the title or it was tentatively registered that way.

1980:

Slipped Away (Michael and Marlon Jackson)
The Jacksons
Exists in at least two versions.

Somewhere In Time (Michael Jackson)
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Some How".

Why Can't It Be (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
Version recorded, supposedly, for Triumph
Michael admits to having composed it at The Girl Is Mine trial in Chicago (6 December 84)
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial under the title "Why Can't I Be".

1981:

Give Me Some Starlight, Starlight Sun and Starlight (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Early versions of "Thriller".
Starlight: [Leaked]

Much Too Soon / Learned My Lesson (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on January 14, 1985 under two titles.
[Released on the album "MICHAEL" in December 2010 with the added guitar of Tommy Emmanuel].

Nite Line (Glen Ballard, Brie Howard, David Allen Faragher)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked]

Nymphette Lover (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984.

The Toy (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
Composed for the BSO of "The Toy" (Richard Pryor). Possibly intended to be reused for Victory.
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984. Early version of "Best Of Joy".

Trouble (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked]

It Don't Matter To Me (Michael Jackson & Paul Anka)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1981.
Excerpt of MJ's heavily processed vocals released on Drake's song of the same title released in 2018.

Love Never Felt So Good (Michael Jackson, Paul Anka & Kathy Wakefield)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1981.
Released in 1985 by Johnny Mathis.
Demo leaked on the net. Demo released on the deluxe edition of the posthumous album Xscape (2014).

Who Do You Know (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Slapstick (Rod Temperton)
"Hot Street" demo [leaked].

1982:

Behind The Mask - (Chris Modsell, Ryuichi Sakamoto and MJ)
Michael Jackson
[Released with posthumous arrangements on the "MICHAEL" album in December 2010]

Carousel (Michael Sembello, D. Freeman)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Thriller and replaced by "Human Nature".
Also known as "Circus Girl".
Released in a cut version on Thriller Special Edition.
Leaked full version.

Don't Be Messin' Around
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Thriller, MJ plays the piano. Recognized by Bruce Swedien.
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of tracks as "Don't Be Messin'".
In 2012, a demo recorded in 1986 is released as the B-side of the reissue of the Bad 25 single "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". After his stint on the Thriller and Bad sessions, it was reworked for Dangerous and HIStory.

Hot Street (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Thriller
Leaked

Rolling The Dice (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Michael admits in the Mexico 93 trial that a demo was recorded in Encino, but they didn't think it was good enough for the album.

Stand Tall (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial.

The Girl Is Mine - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
Version without Paul McCartney.
Leaked.

[Untitled melody] (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on November 16, 1984 under the title "M.J. melody".

1983:

Bad Company
The Jacksons

Born To Love
The Jacksons

Chicago 1945 (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
Michael Jackson
According to Matt Forger. "It talks about an era in time, about what was going on at that time in Chicago, that year. It's almost like you're reading the newspapers at the time. Maybe Michael used the idea for Al Capone, and Al Capone was the idea for Smooth Criminal." According to Porcaro, the song is complete musically and vocally and is perfectly publishable as is. It has no relation to "Al Capone" or "Smooth Criminal." The lyrics tell the story of some girls who went out at night and disappeared. Part of the lyrics go "Three girls disappeared on a cold, windy night / Never to be found again, never to be found again" and references to Chicago like World's Fair, Al Capone, The Chicago Tribune.... Musically it is similar to "Behind the mask" and was recorded after Thriller and before the Victory Tour. According to Rodney Jerkins' official website, he worked again on the track for Invincible, recovered for The Ultimate Collection and Xscape projects (Porcaro refused because of his aversion to "contemporizations".

Far Far Away (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
Michael Jackson

Nona (Jackie Jackson)
The Jacksons
Dedicated to Sophia Loren. Recorded for "Victory".

Playin' With Fire (Jackie Jackson, Pamela Phillips-Oland, Jack Wargo)
The Jacksons
Composed for Victory (circa 83-84), but ended up on Greg Phillinganes' Pulse LP. This is confirmed by Jackie in an interview published on the CD reissue of that album.

Power (Jackie Jackson)
The Jacksons
Recorded for "Victory". Released by Tramaine Hawkins in 1987.

Still In Love With You
The Jacksons
Recorded for "Victory" with lead vocals by Randy.

Tender
The Jacksons

There Must Be More To Life Than This (Freddie Mercury)
Michael Jackson
Leaked demo with Mercury on piano
Released by Freddy Mercury on his 1985 album Mr. Bad Guy
A remixed version produced by William Orbit with the original music from the Hot Space sessions with May on guitar, Taylor on drums and Deacon on bass was released on Queen Forever (2015). Brian May did another version for this album, but it was not released.

[Title unknown]
Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra
Andy Wharhol met Sinatra after a concert in January 1983 and Sinatra told him he was working on a song with MJ for his next album.

1984:

Buffalo Bill (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Confirmed by Frank Dileo in 1984 and by MJ on several occasions. John Barnes: "It's great but we never quite finished it. I love it and I'd like to help finish it. It's a throwaway from Victory and was considered for inclusion on Bad. It was one of the first complete tracks I did for and with Michael." MJ said he wrote it after Billie Jean. Bruce Swedien: "It has a great symphonic intro and a lovely melody." David Williams: "Buffalo Bill is a different direction for Michael. It has a more vocal sound and includes his brothers singing more than in the past."
Bill Bottrell: "We were fiddling around with 'Buffalo Bill'. It had a strong John Barnes influence, and a very cool chorus: 'Who shot Buffalo Bill? They said he shot a lot, did he ever get killed?"

Kreeton Overture (Michael Jackson, Marty Paich, Jai Winding and Patrick Leonard).
Theme for the Victory Tour intro.

Mister Gold (Don Black, Walter Scharf)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1984 and recorded on four sheets by Mijac Music on February 22, 1984.

Not now (Don Black, Walter Scharf)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1984 and recorded on five sheets by Mijac Music on February 22, 1984.

State Of Shock - Demo (Michael Jackson, Randy Hansen)
The Jacksons
Leaked demo with the voices of Jackson and Mercury in duet.

Turning Me Off (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
Rhythmic track supposedly recorded for "Bad" and reworked for "Dangerous".

Victory (Michael Jackson)
The Jacksons
MJ and Freddie recorded it in the summer of '83 in Encino's studio. There were no musicians and in the absence of a drummer, they used Peter Freestone, Freddie's assistant, who was slamming the rhythm of the song during the 5-6 hours that the recording lasted. The song was intended for Queen's Hot Space, then it was thought for Victory, but they never finished the recording. Brian May tried to finish it in 1998, but didn't know how to do it. In 2002 it was said that May and Taylor recorded backing vocals to include the track on a Queen box set, but due to problems with the rights it was also abandoned. According to producer Greg Ladanyi, three versions of the song exist. One with Michael's voice, one with Freddie's and one recorded by Queen.

1985:

Alright Now (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
According to John Barnes, the song is from 1985 and there is a demo sung by MJ. Ralph Tresvant published it sung by himself. Reworked, supposedly, for "Dangerous".

Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
1985: Produced by MJ, instrumentation by John Barnes. Released on Xscape Deluxe.
2010: Produced by John McClain with new guitar by Steve Lukather for inclusion on the album Michael (2010) which is eventually cancelled. [Leaked]
2014: Produced by Timbaland and Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon for Xscape CD1.

Eaten Alive - Demo (Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb and Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo recorded by MJ in Los Angeles after listening to and reworking the Gibb's original demo. The song was for Diana Ross who released it in 1985.

Hot Fever (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Cassette demo recorded on October 28, 1985.

Tomboy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Cassette demo recorded on October 28, 1985. According to Matt Forger "It's a very fun track. Very up-tempo, with a lot of character and energy (...) It was one of the songs that I think was pretty complete, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a fantastic track and I'm very hopeful that it will come out at some point." Roger Troutman and John Barnes worked on it: "It's complete with a drum synth, beautiful strings, a great guitar riff and a slap bass reminiscent of Captain EO. It also has a subtle ba-da-ba-ba-bah, reminiscent of 'I bet you remember' from 'Remember The Time'".

Michael Jackson
Theme composed for "Bad".

You Were There (Michael Jackson and Buz Kohan) (1985?)
Michael Jackson
Performed at Sammy Davis Jr.'s 65th Anniversary gala.

1986:

Bumper Snippet (Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Recorded during the "Bad" sessions

Crack Kills (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson with Run DMC
A demo exists with vocals by MJ. Part of the lyrics were reused for the long version of the song "Bad".

Loving You (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Originally recorded at "Red Wing Studio" in San Fernando Valley and reworked at Hayvenhurst Studio.

Make Or Break (Michael Jackson and John Barnes)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico 93 trial. Alternate titles "For God's Shake" or "Make a Break". Possibly reworked with Teddy Riley for Invincible. According to John Barnes: "It was a song written by Michael and myself. We never quite finished it. There is an incomplete vocal demo. There are also some of the lyrics. It was the third piece I created using the Synclavier. I think it has potential as a song. It didn't make it onto Bad."

Pyramid Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Liberian Girl Demo

Saturday or Saturday Night Woman or Saturday Woman(Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
According to Frank Cascio, it talks about a girl who tries to attract attention and attends many parties instead of concentrating on her relationship.
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Saturday Woman".

Stand By Me (Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller)
Michael Jackson
Rob Reiner, director of the movie "Stand By Me" (titled in Spain "Quédate conmigo") asked MJ to record a version of Ben E. King's song. He later decided that he would use the original version of the song as it coincided with the era depicted in the film. Rumor has it that MJ recorded a demo for Reiner.

Tender Love (James Samuel Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson
Michael is rumored to have recorded a demo of this track, which he discarded, and it was recorded by the group FORCE M.D'S.

Who's Bad (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "Bad

1987:

Apocalypse Now
Michael Jackson
According to drummer John Robinson's comments to the English magazine Rhythm, he recorded several drum sessions that formed a 6 and a half minute track with military cadences. He was joined by three other musicians (Don Williams, Dan Greco and Bob Zimmitti) who recorded more percussion for the track. Four large drums, four small drums, two sets of cymbals and a bass drum were used. Could be the germ of TDCAU (composed in 1989, worked with Bryan Loren in 89-90 and recorded for HIStory around 1994).

Bad - Pepsi Version (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Bad with lyric changes for the Pepsi commercial.

Fantasy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Theme recorded, supposedly, for "Bad". Other information suggests that he worked on it with Jermaine.
Recognized in the 1993 Mexico trial and by MJ's Estate in the Vera Serova vs Estate trial.

Get In To The Groove (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of "Black Or White".
Recorded for "Bad".

Girl Of Another Love (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit. There is another track titled "Ghosts of another lover", because of the similarity of the title it could be the same song.

Groove Of Midnight (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
It appears supposedly in a batch of Bad-era studio tapes auctioned a few years ago. From them a small snippet of Michael singing this song was leaked. The song was eventually given to Siedah Garret who performs it on her album Kiss of Life.

I'm Not Alone (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Neverland Landing (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
One of the 3 or 4 (?) tracks MJ worked on with Alan Kohan for the soundtrack of Steven Spielberg's "Peter Pan".
Apparently it was recorded in 1987 and reused in 1991.
On the net there is a fake with that name.
Joe Vogel has a copy (probably by Buz Kohan).

Someone Put Your Hand Out (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of the track with the same title.
There are at least two worked versions between Bad and Dangerous held by Brad Sundberg. They have different lyrics and music, from midtempo to ballad, [Leaked].

The Sky Is The Limit (Michael and Jermaine Jackson)
Michael Jackson

1988:

Throwin' Your Life Away (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded on cassette on October 26, 1988. Recorded at Westlake Studios during a three-week period in the middle of the Bad Tour. Contains the entire vocal and instrumental track. Part of the lyrics say "Immorality's my game. From Bliss I came. In Bliss I'm sustained. To Bliss I return. If you don't know it now. It's a shame. Are you listening?". Demo held by Brad Sundberg. It was considered for the album "Michael" and Neff-U worked on it for "Xscape".
[Leaked].

What About Us:
Originally recorded in 1988, early version of "Earth Song."

Too Much Monkey Business (Michael Jackson and Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Demo of "Monkey Business".

1989:

Black Or White - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bottle Of Smoke (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Doing Dirty (Michael Jackson and Marlon Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Reused for the compilation Decade although it didn't end up in the tracklist. It is possible that it was started to be composed for Victory.

Heal The World - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

I Have This Love Of Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized at the Mexico Trial 1993

I'll Be There - Adult Version (Bob West, Harold Davies, Willie Hutch and Berry Gordy Jr.)
Michael Jackson

If You Don't Love Me (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, Bernard Belle, Bill Botrell)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked].

It Doesn't Really Matter - (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Early version of Who is it. Recorded for the unreleased compilation Decade.

Monkey Business (Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked].

Never Can Say Goodbye - Adult Version (Clifton Davis)
Michael Jackson

Slave To The Rhythm (LA Reid and Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Demo recorded for Dangerous. Possibly the vocals were re-recorded in 1998, MJ showed it to Rodney Jerkins but they didn't work on it. After 2009, a hacker named DJ Stolen stole it from a hard drive and leaked it. Producer Tricky Stewart told Vibe that he worked on the track and wanted to totally change the concept of the song. Possibly his mix done in 2002 is the one we have leaked. The track is submitted to the selection of "MICHAEL" in 2010. In 2013 the producer Max Methods who works with Tricky records Justin Bieber's verses and a duet is leaked without the Estate's authorization.

Splash, We Can Get Wet Babe (Michael Jackson and D. Brack)
Michael Jackson

Stay (Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
MJ's Estate acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "Got to Find a Way Some How".

Strawberry Fields Forever (Lennon)
Michael Jackson
According to the latest issue of the fan magazine 'Black&White' the song was recorded for the compilation "Decade" which was to be released in 1989. This magazine has false information and no collaborator of MJ has knowledge that this song was ever contemplated.

Who Is It - Demo (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked]

Work (Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren)
Janet Jackson
According to Bryan Loren, he composed an instrumental track and asked Janet to do the lyrics. The song didn't make it into Rhythm Nation. Michael confessed to him a couple of years later that he wrote the lyrics for her.

Work That Body (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
[Leaked].
There is a 7:04 demo in Bryan Loren's possession.

[Unknown, circa 1990s]:

House Groove (Bryan Loren)
Demo in Loren's possession. Status unknown.

Homeless Bound
MJ asked his team to go out and record voices and testimonials from people living on the streets. An instrumental demo was constructed with these voices for HIStory. MJ did not get to record the lyrics. Held by Brad Sundberg.

Palestine or Palestine Don't Cry
Michael Jackson
Lyrics perhaps worked on aboard Concorde.

Jane is a groupie
Michael Jackson
Possibly from the Dangerous era. Recorded by MJ with Michael Boddicker. At least one demo exists in the hands of Brad Sundberg. Inspired by the Sly and the Family Stone song with the same title. Leaked a fragment of almost two minutes.

Serious Moonlight (Bryan Loren)
Theme proposed by Bryan Loren to MJ, inspired by Bowie. Demo sung by Loren of 4:42. Michael didn't like it.

Michael Jackson
According to engineer Ryan Arnold: "'Tabloid Junkie' was originally called 'Tabloid Jungle' and was pretty much complete, just a little dated and with a slightly different theme. (...) It was a track he recorded after the "Bad" album. I don't know the exact year, but the version we initially heard was completely different. Jam and Lewis collaborated to change the song quite drastically. It was much less harmonic and textured than what ended up on the album." According to Jimmy Jam before working on it for HIStory, "The song was really simple, Michael already had a concept and had written the lyrics." The title "Tabloid Jungle" would come as early as the HIStory sessions. According to Jam, "We were going to call it 'Tabloid Jungle' because we felt that the tabloids were the hunters and Michael was the prey. He was the biggest trophy in the jungle and the media's mission was to capture him."

1990:

1990:

A Baby Smiles (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
It is considered to be included on Dangerous, but its composition dates from the late 1970s. The title "Baby Smiles" appears in a notebook from circa 1979 along with 4 other tracks. Possibly the lyrics are contained in the poem "When babies smile" published in "Dancing the Dream".

Ask Her It (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bad Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Bumper Snippet (Kid) (Michael Jackson & Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.

Fever (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note along with "Deep In The Night" and "Superfly Sister". Instrumental demo with MJ's vocals on backing vocals held by Brad Sundberg.

For All Time (Michael Sherwood, David Paich and Steve Porcaro)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.

Free (Carole Bayer Sager, Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Ghost of another love
Michael Jackson
Worked for Dangerous and reworked in 2009. A demo exists in the possession of engineer Thom Russo, who played it at Kingvention 2016. (Leaked low quality recording).

Give In To Me - Demo (Michael Jackson and Bill Bottrell)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Gone Too Soon - Demo (Buz Kohan, Larry Grossman)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Michael Jackson

In The Closet - Demo (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Jam - Demo (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, René Moore and Bruce Swedien)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Joy (Michael Jackson, Tammy Lucas)
Michael Jackson
Composed for Dangerous. The melody is written by MJ and the lyrics by Lucas. Ultimately not used and released by Blackstreet.

Keep The Faith - Demo (Michael Jackson, Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Little Girls (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Call Lola (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lonely Bird (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lonely Man (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Lucy Is In Love With Linus (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Make A Wish (Michael Jackson, Alan "Buz" Kohan)
Michael Jackson
One of the 3 or 4 (?) tracks MJ worked on with Alan Kohan for Steven Spielberg's "Peter Pan" soundtrack. MJ recorded the demo with an orchestra. Spielberg had the habit of playing that piece to his children to make them sleep at night.

Man In Black or Men In Black (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Bryan Loren confirmed to a fan that the correct title bears the singular "Man" instead of "Men". There is a demo sung by Loren with Michael doing backing vocals. According to Loren, MJ made it because he heard that Spielberg wanted to make a movie. MIB would be released 7 years later. 2 minutes of the instrumental demo with backing vocals by MJ held by Brad Sundberg, leaked.

Michael McKellar (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
MJ acknowledges the title at the Mexico 93 trial. The lyrics talk about child neglect. [Excerpt]. Matt Forger thinks he remembers it being recorded for HIStory "It's a very interesting track and it's not your typical Michael dance beat. It's a ballad with a unique feature and the main character is a character named Michael McKellar, who he describes in the song." Possibly discarded in favor of the similarly themed "Little Susie".

Remember The Time - Demo (Michael Jackson, Bernard Belle and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Leaked

Satisfy You / To Satisfy You (Bryan Loren and Michael Jackson)
Bryan Loren
Demo recorded by MJ in 1990 (backing vocals only) and released by Bryan Loren in 1992 with his solo vocals and MJ's backing vocals.

Serious Effect (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson with LL Cool J
Leaked
Demo of 5:26 in Loren's possession different from the leaked one.

She Got It (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Leaked.
There is a demo of 7:20 in Loren's possession.

Stay (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson

The Love You Save - Adult Version (Freddie Perren, Fonce Mizell, Deke Richards, Berry Gordy Jr.)
Michael Jackson

Time Marches On (Bruce Swedien)
An instrumental demo exists, no lyrics were recorded. The track evolved into "Jam". It is held by Brad Sundberg.

Verdict (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

What About Us (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Second Version of "Earth Song".
Leaked.

1991:

All The Truth or All The Truth You Need (Bryan Loren).
Appears on an MJ work note and there are several DAT tapes from Rene Moore's studio titled "Ask Rene 3".
5:02 demo in Loren's possession in which he sings and Michael does backing vocals. LL Cool J is also on the song. Shana Mangatal has a copy on cassette.

Best Of Joy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Worked for Dangerous and reworked by MJ in 2009. It was released on "Michael" (2010)

Black Or White - Pepsi Version (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Black or White with lyric changes for a Dangerous Tour/Pepsi commercial.

Bubble (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Call If Off
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Possibly worked on and co-written with Bryan Loren. Shana Mangatal has a copy on cassette.

Deep In The Night (Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note along with "Fever" and "Superfly Sister". Instrumental demo with MJ's vocals on backing vocals held by Brad Sundberg.
Leaked a 3 minute snippet.

Don't Believe it (Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Talks about tabloids, MJ imitates the voice of reporters saying something like "strange pictures" and making the sound of cameras. Unfinished 5:46 long demo held by Loren and Shana Mangatal (who shares a few seconds in August 2019). MJ does the backing vocals and Loren does the lyrics. It ends with a beatbox from MJ.

Ghosts (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Published in "Blood On The Dancefloor" (1997).

Happy Birthday, Lisa (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded and published by Kipp Lennon on "Songs in the Key of Springfield" in 1997.

Heaven Is Here (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Little Susie - (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The same song from '79, reworked for "Dangerous".
The lyrics appear in an MJ notebook from the late 70's.

Planet Earth (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Poem published among the lyrics of Dangerous.
Published in the posthumous album This Is It.

Red Eye (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit.

Seven Bright New Stars (Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, D. Brack)
Michael Jackson

Seven Digits (Bryan Loren)
Bryan Loren worked on the instrumentation, but according to him, MJ didn't get to record the vocals due to lack of time and interest. Loren returned to work on it in 1996/97. 2:56 demo in Loren's possession. Shana Mangatal has a cassette copy and shares a few seconds in August 2019 in which MJ's voice is heard. She claims to have a cassette with 30 minutes of MJ composing 7 Digits and that the song has many different versions.

She's Not A Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Sister Sue (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recognized in the 1993 trial.

The Children's Hour (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

The Truth On Youth (LL Cool J, Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren)
Michael Jackson
Appears on an MJ work note with the notation "LL (Cool J) better rap harder on Truth on Youth."
LL Cool J sings a 5:02 demo with lyrics that were to be performed by MJ. The rapper wrote the lyrics and MJ worked on the song.

They Don't Care About Us (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Appears on a work note from MJ. Intended for "Dangerous". Released on "HIStory" (1995).

Tragedy Of A Cheerleader (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Who Is The Girl With Her Hair Down (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Why Shy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Unknown title track (Warren G)
Warren G has the instrumental he did at MJ's request. It's a smooth R&B track with intermittent synthesizer touches. Apparently MJ recorded vocal parts, but Warren never got to hear it, it was saved in a file and has not been heard from again.

1992:

Heal LA (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed by MJ as a response to the riots in Los Angeles after the trial of the policemen who assaulted Rodney King. The demo was worked on over the years until it became What More Can I Give. In 2018, part of the lyrics dated March 24, 1992, are coming up for auction. "What have I got that I can give. To life and to show you, to have and to hold you, to love is to live."

You Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Fanfare transition (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Written in 1992 and registered in the copyright office. Also called "Fanfare 1992".

1993:

Addam's Groove or Family Thing (Michael Jackson).
Alternate Titles: Family Affairs, Family Thing, Family Values
Michael Jackson
Recorded for the BSO of The Addams Family II. Cancelled due to the 1993 scandal.
Prepared for release under the name "Family Thing" as a single on 10-18-1993 (Cancelled).
Prepared for release under the name "Family Thing" as part of an album titled "Greatest Hits" whose release date would be 10-26-1993 (Cancelled).
Set to be released as a single under the name "Addam's groove" in December 1993 (Canceled)
Set to be released under the name "Family Thing" as part of an album titled "History (His Story)" with a release date of October 1994 (Cancelled).
"Family Thing" appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory.
A demo exists in which Bryan Loren sings the rap while Michael does the backing vocals.
The song's chorus reads:
"I don't care even if it's wrong or right / It's a family thing / It's a family thing.
When the day show me deep into the night / It's a family thing / It's a family thing / (Its family)"

California Grass (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Worked on the Dangerous sessions?

Dreams (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Track registered at BMI.

Fear (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded and dropped from HIStory

Is It Scary (Michael Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson
Early version of the track released on BOTD recorded for The Addams Family II soundtrack (cancelled due to the 1993 scandal).

The innocent man (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
There are several sheets of paper with parts of the lyrics. Possibly worked on in late spring/summer 1994 at Hit Factory (NY). Reworked by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince in 2007/8 at the Palms Hotel and Palomino's residence in Las Vegas. Michael Prince has confirmed that the backing vocals recording exists.

1994-95:

Bassouille or Basszouille (Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien).
Michael Jackson
Recorded for HIStory. According to engineer Ryan Arnold, Basszouille's sound had a circus feel in an orchestral way. It sounded like a cross between "Circus Girl/Carousel" with the texture of the instruments on "Little Susie".

Bombay Nights
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. Does not include MJ's vocals.

Evil Eye

Faces
Michael Jackson
The song was to include a speech by Nelson Mandela. After agreeing to do so, when the time came his advisors advised him to cancel his appearance. The demo begins with a powerful speech by Michael and continues with ethnic music featuring the band Stomp. Demo held by Brad Sundberg.
[Leaked].

Miracle
3T ft. Michael Jackson
In a Facebook post, Taryll Jackson shares a photo of a cassette tape labeled "MJJ & 3T: Miracle." The contents are unknown.

Revenge
In July 2016 another DAT dated February 27, 1995 comes up for auction.

The Best Thing
Appears on DAT tapes that Rene Moore worked on for HIStory. It does not include MJ's voice.

Why (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Intended for HIStory but MJ offers it to 3T for Brotherhood. Taj confirms in 2012 that there is a demo sung by Babyface with backing vocals by MJ and also a version sung by MJ.

Willing and waiting (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Worked for HIStory. There is a demo sung by Babyface. In possession of Brad Sundberg.

Delilah
Barry Mason, Les Reed
According to engineer Ryan Arnold, MJ recorded a funkier version of this track popularized by Tom Jones for HIStory.

1996:

Elizabeth, I Love You (Michael Jackson and Buz Kohan).
Michael Jackson
Performed on Elizabeth Taylor's 65th birthday.
Leaked 1:38 recorded in studio.

Secret Passage (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed in 1996 and retaken in 1998 to be included in Invincible.

1997:

We Be Ballin'
Remix of "We Be Clubbin'" with vocals by Shaquille O'Neal, Ice Cube and Michael Jackson.
There are several versions: Master Mix, Street Mix and Work In Progress. There is also a leaked version of the track in which O'Neal and Cube's vocals have been replaced by Ricky Romance, Raz's brother (ex B2K).

Seeing Voices (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
In 2014, Frank Cascio puts up for auction a cassette labeled "12/10/97 - Michael Jackson Seeing Voices Rough Mix w/Strings Take 1". Michael Jackson with the Ray Charles orchestra (not to be confused with the soul singer). [Leaked].

That (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Can't Stop Me Now (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson.

1998:

Angel (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for the album invincible, it is quite complete, Babyface describes it as a fantastic song.

Ekam Satyam - The One Truth (Michael Jackson and A. R. Rahman)
Michael Jackson and A. R. Rahman
Duet recorded around September 1999. MJ singing in English and Rahman in Sanskrit. It was composed for the MJ&Friends but Michael's accident prevented it from being sung. Instead some dancers appeared, supposedly with the instrumental base of the song.

Monster (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, MJ only recorded the verse and hummed most of the song (vocally incomplete). Worked on until 2001.

Michael Jackson
Early version of The Way You Love Me. Not to be confused with the song of the same name recorded in 1985.

Do You Love Me (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, it seems that MJ did finish the song vocally.

Stop The War (Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager)
Michael Jackson
Apparently it is the demo of We've Had Enough, recorded for Invincible.

1999:

Blue Gangsta (Dr. Freeze)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, Worked until 2001. Released on Xscape (2014)

A Place Without No Name (Dr. Freeze)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, Worked through 2001 and reprised in 2008-09. Published in Xscape (2014)

Escape (Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels and Harvey Jay Mason)
Michael Jackson
Also known as Xscape. Composed in 1999, supposedly recorded for Invincible and apparently re-recorded in late 2002.
Leaked
Released on the deluxe edition of the posthumous album Xscape (2014).

She Was Lovin'me (Michael Jackson, C. Rooney)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, worked on through 2001 and reprised in 2007-09. Released on Xscape (2014)

You Are My World (Babyface)
Michael Jackson
Early version of You Are My Life (released on Invincible).

Another Day Ft Lenny Kravitz (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2001 but didn't make it to the Tracklist.

Beautiful Girl (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2001, re-recorded in 2003-2004, released on The Ultimate Collection (2004) one of the first versions of the song, re-recorded again in 2005-06.

The Way You Love Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1998 for Invincible, worked on until 2001 and reworked in 2008-09, demo released on The Ultimate Collection (2004). Modernized version released on the album M I C H A E E L (2010).

Hollywood Tonight (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible and worked in the following years: 1999, 2000-01, 2003-04, 2006-07, 2008-09. Modernized version released on the album M I C H A E E L (2010).

Fall Again (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded in 1999 for Invincible, worked on until 2000 but not finished by MJ because his eldest son got sick.

Rock My World (Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, demo of You Rock My World, released on Invincible.

What More Can I Give (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Solo version of the song, (song info in 1992), worked for Invincible.

I Have This Dream (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible, reworked in 2003 and 2005. Instrumental available on the net.

Do You Want Me (Michael Jackson, Sisqo, Dru Hill)
Michael Jackson with Sisqo and Dru Hill

Belong 2 (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

Tubeway (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

La Mia Canzone Al Vento (Bixio Cherubini)
Michael Jackson
Dated June 18, 1999, during rehearsals for the MJ&Friends concert. MJ and Luciano Pavarotti were going to sing it as a duet but Pavarotti cancelled his attendance. In December 2013 a friend and assistant of MJ (presumably Frank Cascio) auctions a CD entitled "La Mia". It is unknown at what stage of the process the song is in. According to the auction house, the contents of the CD are only an instrumental track. Leaked a song sung by an impersonator, it is unclear if it is the same as what appears on the auctioned CD.

Chicago 1945 (Michael Jackson, Steve Pocaro)
Michael Jackson
New version produced by Rodney Jerkins for Invincible.

Rampage (Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
Instrumental track Jerkins worked on for Invincible. Leaked 23-second excerpt on his own Instagram account (Nov. 2017).

[Unknown, circa 2000s.]

Colour Of My Soul (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Deep In The Night (Brian Loren)
Michael Jackson
Sent by Loren for Invincible. No record of it being recorded. Unrelated to a previous track of the same title held by Brad Sundberg.

Hot fun in the summertime (Sly Stone)
Michael Jackson
Cover of the song by Sly & The Family Stone. Recorded on a hard drive found in a Los Angeles studio. Worked for the posthumous album Xscape but not included because it was not finished in time. L.A. Reid cites it as one of his favorites. According to Jesse Johnson, Michael doesn't participate much on vocals, most of it is sung by Mary J. Blige. It was recorded at Marvin's Room in 2007. D'Angelo and Jesse worked on it.

Just a Lover in My Life (Richard Stites)
Michael Jackson
MJ and Stites worked on it for Invincible but didn't get to record the final vocal. The song was never mixed and the vocals that MJ recorded (possibly just a vocal guide) remain in MJ's archive.

2000:

Get Your Weight Off Me
Michael Jackson, R. Jerkins, F. Jerkins III, L. Daniels
Track co-produced by Rodney Jerkins at the Invincible sessions.
The track continued to be worked on because Michael Prince, although not involved in the song, has a very finished 5:17 demo dated 20 June 2004 (85 bpm).
Leaked 7 second snippet.
CD auctioned in 2018 with a file titled "Get Your Weight Off of Me Masterdisk Europe.wav" dated 31 March 2014, the date of the Xscape announcement.

Edgar Allan Poe (Michael Jackson, Walter Afanasieff)
Michael Jackson

Get Around (Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III and LaShawn Daniels)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for "Invincible".

Kick It (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels and Norman Gregg)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for "Invincible

On My Anger (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, Blackstreet)
Michael Jackson

2001:

Cheater (Michael Jackson, Fred Jerkins III and Rodney Jerkins).
Michael Jackson with Fats
New version of the Bad era theme for Invincible

Crush (Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz)
Michael Jackson with Lenny Kravitz

Get Around (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III and LaShawn Daniels)
Michael Jackson
Track recorded for Invincible

I Don't Live Anymore (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

In The Valley (Michael Jackson and Tyrese)
Michael Jackson

Make Or Break (Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley)
Michael Jackson

Maybe We Can Do It (Michael Jackson, P. Diddy and Rodney Jerkins)
Michael Jackson
It was supposedly recorded for Invincible.

Revolution (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

That Kind Of Lover (Michael Jackson and Ray Ruffin with A1)
Michael Jackson

All For You
Various Artists
Spanish version of "What More Can I Give".
Leaked

You're A Liar (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Composed before 1993 but considered for Invincible.
The Estate of MJ acknowledges its existence in the Vera Serova vs Estate lawsuit under the title "You Are A Liar".

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Chris Tucker
The two recorded the duet song for the movie "Rush Hour 2".

The Gloved One (Sisqo)
Michael Jackson
Composed by Sisqo for Invincible.

Girls, girls, girls (Remix)
Jay Z and Michael Jackson
The remix version of this song was going to include MJ's voice singing the chorus, but Sony did not give permission for its release. Jay Z acknowledges that MJ is on the recording.

The Pain (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Harvey Jay Mason and Shawn Stockman)
Michael Jackson
Worked for Invincible. Incomplete according to Shawn Stockman.

Pressure (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, LaShawn Daniels, Fred Jerkins III and Harvey Jay Mason)
Michael Jackson
Recorded for Invincible.

Seduction (Michael Jackson and Shelby Lee Myrick II)
Michael Jackson
Mid-tempo recorded for Invincible.

Rise Above It All (Elliot Straite "Dr. Freeze")
Michael Jackson
Worked by MJ and Freeze. Freeze is unclear if MJ recorded his vocal parts on it.

Can I Live (Sisqó and Teddy Riley)
Originally intended for Invincible. Sisqó ended up recording it for his "Return Of The Dragon" in 2001.
It is unknown if MJ ever worked on it.

2002:

Satisfy (Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis)
Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey
Track recorded for Charmbracalet that was never released. The track features Michael's backing vocals, whether original or taken from another unreleased track is unknown.

All in your name (Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb)
Known by the previous title "Prayer for peace". Barry Gibb confirmed in October 2005 the real title and that he recorded it with MJ in summer 2002. Michael is said to play keyboards. Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch of songs under the name "Pray for Peace". Posted by Barry Gibb on the internet.

If I Were To Wish
A CD with this title comes up for auction in July 2016. Dated December 5, 2002. On the cover you can read the names Frank, Angel and Buxer (Frank and Eddie Cascio and Brad Buxer).

2003:

Force (Michael Jackson, Irv Gotti, Ashanti and Ja Rule).
Michael Jackson with Ashanti and Ja Rule

Maybe Tomorrow (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Resurrection (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Still Got It (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

This'll Make You Cry (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Trash (Michael Jackson and Irv Gotti)
Michael Jackson

Trust In My Heart (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Wonderful World of Candy (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Nisha Kataria
Recorded at Neverland for a charity project that was cancelled.

Michael Jackson
According to Joe Vogel a beautiful and melodic half-time about lost love that MJ left almost finished. It begins to be recorded in January 2003 and is being reworked until the end of 2008. The title "The Loser" appears handwritten by MJ on a playlist he kept in his room on Carolwood Drive in 2009. Created with Brad Buxler and Michar Durham. One of the demos leaked in 2013.

Loving you (Brad Buxer)
Michael Jackson
Track composed by Brad Buxer in 2003. Frank Cascio collaborated by adding beat box sounds, moans and finger snaps made by himself before submitting the demo to MJ. It is unknown if MJ ever heard or worked on the song. In 2014 two CDs with instrumental ideas and without Cascio's parts added come up for auction.

2004:

Title unknown (Michael Jackson, Jae-R and Omer Bhatti).
Michael Jackson with Jae-R and Omer Bhatti

Breaking (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Dead Or Alive (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Healing My Feelings (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

What About Me (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Be Me 4 A Day (Michael Jackson and Grey Calix Days)
Michael Jackson
Also known as: "Be Me For A Day", "Just For One Day Be Michael", "Just For A Day", "Me 4 A Day" or "Be Michael". The song is registered at BMI.

Come Back (Michael Jackson and Jud Mahoney)
Michael Jackson
Composed by MJ with Jud Mahoney at Neverland.

2005:

Ferry Cross the Mersey (Gerry Marsden)
Michael Jackson
Cover of Gerry and the Pacemakers planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. During the breach of contract lawsuit, a recording of MJ singing the track was shown as evidence.

From The Bottom Of My Heart (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Updated/reworked version of "I Have This Dream." At best it would have an unusable MJ vocal guide.

He Who Makes The Sky To Grey (Jermaine Jackson and Sheik Abdullah)
Michael Jackson
Planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. Gospel.

I Have A Dream or I Have This Dream (Michael Jackson)
Various Artists
Theme for Katrina victims
There would be a demo with only MJ's voice. During the 2 Seas Records breach of contract trial, a recording of MJ singing the song was shown as evidence. Two recording sessions are known: November 1, 2005 in Los Angeles, attended by James Ingram, Shirley Caesar, the O'Jays and Ciara (MJ from Bahrain) and another with Snoop Dogg. As of early 2006, vocals from vocalists such as James Brown and R. Kelly had yet to be recorded. The song would have a big gospel influence. John Barnes did a lot of work on it.

I'm Into Something Good (Gerry Goffin and Carole King)
Michael Jackson
Cover of the song made famous by Herman's Hermits planned for the album that MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. During the breach of contract lawsuit, a recording of MJ singing the song was shown as evidence.

Light The Way
Michael Jackson
Planned for the album MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records. Possibly reworked in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.

You Are So Beautiful (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Untitled song for the Tsunami victims (Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer?)
Michael Jackson.

2006:

I'm Dreamin' (Michael Jackson)
MJ and Will.i.am
In a September 2013 interview, Will says he wanted to have used it on his album Willpower (2013) but the Estate wouldn't give him permission.

Miss You (I'm Gonna Miss You or I Will Miss You)
Michael Jackson
Song dedicated to the memory of James Brown according to Will.i.am. MJ's voice is in his files and the music is in Will.i.am's.

Now That I Found Love
Michael Jackson
Co-produced by Bruce Swedien. According to Raymone Bain, it would be the first single under 2 Seas Records and would be released on November 21, 2006 as a preview of an album in 2007.

The Fields of Athenry (Pete St. John)
Michael Jackson
Improvisation recorded with the Caherraggin Choir during a vocal warm-up prior to a recording in Ireland.

The Future
MJ and Will.i.am
Will mentioned this as one of the titles. Apparently with Latin flair and lyrics about the environment.

Still The King
MJ and Will.i.am

Why Can't You Hear Me
Posted online by Bill Bottrell with the voice of another singer with the text: "Working in Bahrain at MJ's request with Brian MacCleod. Composing unfinished Michael Jackson songs.

What's It Gonna Be (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson

Untitled track (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson.

2007:

Can You (Michael Jackson, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson
Rumored to be an unfinished track but with MJ's voice recorded.

Days Of The Broken Hearted (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston
It is rumored that Michael recorded it in Las Vegas, but its existence is unconfirmed. In 2015, Legacy Recordings posts a tweet asking fans for the title to trend on social media.

If We Still Love (Michael Jackson, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson

If You Don't Get It (John Legend, will.i.am)
Michael Jackson

Stay (also known as "Carry On")
Leaked fragment with the voice of an impersonator.

Water (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Song recorded in 2007 and possibly reworked in 2008-09, has sounds of Water drops throughout the song.

2008:

11 pm.
Michael Jackson

Adore You
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the 2009 #1 MJ Song Book 2009 batch of tracks

Boy No
Michael Jackson
Recorded in the MJ Song Book 2009 #1 batch and again on January 13, 2010. Possibly MJ recorded vocals.

Butter Funk
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham, possibly there is an alternate title "Coco Butter".

Changes
Michael Jackson
Worked on in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.
Possible track recorded in the mid 1980s, later reworked after the release of HIStory with backing vocals by the Andrae Crouch Choir and reworked again with Buxer and M. Prince (Info included in the 1980s listing of this same track).

Days In Gloucestershire.
Michael Jackson
Leaked in March 2014

Green Hornet Groove
Michael Jackson

Hold My Hand (Claude Kelly)
Michael Jackson, Akon
Cancelled first single off Akon's Freedom album
Leaked / Possible demo with MJ's vocals only
[Duet released on the album "MICHAEL" in December 2010 with new arrangements].

Hollywood
Michael Jackson
Possible alternate title of Hollywood Tonight, released on "Michael" (2010)

I Love You More
Michael Jackson

Jungle
Michael Jackson
Info included in the 1988 listing of this same track.

Just Remember
Michael Jackson

King Tutankhamun
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer & Michael Durham

Light The Way
Michael Jackson
Worked in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.
In 2005 this title already appears as part of the album that MJ was to record for 2 Seas Records.

Lovin' You
Michael Jackson

Dark Lady/H2O
Michael Jackson
Apparently recorded in October 2008. Incomplete vocals. "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It has a distinctive bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with an almost Arabic chorus, and a modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked, but the chorus can be released as is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

Michael's Affirmation
Michael Jackson
Instrumental track created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham.

Pajamas
Michael Jackson

Photographs
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham. There is an instrumental recorded under the name "Photographs 2".

Rocker
Michael Jackson
Created in 2008-2009 with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham, apparently MJ did record vocals.

Think Twice (Instrumental)

Walk Away (Instrumental)

You Are There (Instrumental)

2009:

Remember What I Told You
Michael Jackson
Possibly recorded in 2008 but reworked in 2009, it was recorded around June 19, 2009 and is the last song on which Michael put vocals. It is reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has one short verse and a multi-layered chorus. It may not end the same way as "Boy No," but perhaps it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

Baby's on Fire (Michael Jackson, Ryan D. Grove)
Michael Jackson
Recorded at BMI. It is not known if this is an MJ track or if a Grove track contains samples of an earlier MJ track.

Beatbox 2010
Michael Jackson
Recorded with Eric Kirkland and Prince Michael Durham.

Breed (or Breath, or Breathe)
Michael Jackson
Three weeks before June 25, Michael sent a CD to Deepak Chopra with a demo: "The music is very delicate, a very mellow piece. It was called 'Breed. He wanted to do a song about the environment and wanted me to give him a hand with the lyrics. He had great ideas for those lyrics, about how the trees were our lungs and the Earth was our body." Apparently recorded in May 2009. Often confused with "River Ripple".

D.I.E.
Michael Jackson
Apparently worked on during the last sessions.

For The World
Michael Jackson
MJ and Neff U worked on it in Los Angeles.

Shut Up And Dance
Michael Jackson
Work on it began around the time of the Invincible sessions (1999-2001). According to Joe Vogel, it is a great dance track that Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and the Bad era MJ for which he did not complete the vocal recording. According to Joe Vogel, there are parts where MJ hums, but not even on the whole song. Michael Prince played it at MJ Music Day in 2016 and said that MJ never recorded the lyrics.

You Are My World (R. Kelly)
Michael Jackson
Demo sent by R. Kelly to MJ. It is unknown if they ever worked on it together at any point. Leaked with Kelly's vocals.

Year unknown:

Bang Your Head (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster).
Michael Jackson

Broken Chair (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson

Don't Make Me Stay (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson

Lady Of Summer (Recorded with Durham Prince and Theron Feemster)
Michael Jackson.

Rap (Written by MJ and Bill Bottrell)
Appears on BMI

Promise (Written by MJ and Teddy Riley)
Appears on BMI
I'm going to edit this thread every time I get more information, I would appreciate those who give more information, thanks.

LOTS of incorrect info here (though of course that’s not your fault!). Only a handful of titles are accurately placed/described; most others are riddled with false info or don’t exist at all.

A general note: the Vera Serova lawsuit isn’t a credible resource for unreleased titles. The list in circulation was taken by Serova’s legal team from Wikipedia, after the estate failed to turn over a legitimate list of existing titles. It’s worth mentioning that the estate did confirm the legitimacy of many of these titles, but we don’t know which ones.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson

I just listen to some 2016(I think) podcast interview of Michael Prince yesterday and I I think this could be clarified. The 2003 version was "I Am A Loser". The later (2008) version was "I Was The Loser". (Not sure about the precise titles but it is about the present and past tense. Present = 2003, past = 2008)
MP explains something like MJ didn't want to have a title saying "I'm a loser" anymore so he changed the title/lyrics and made a new version.

The 2008 version hasn't leaked, right?

The 2008 version hasn't leaked, right?

No. It is the same though, except MJ sang "I was the loser" instead of "I am a loser". As far as we know the other vocals are the exact same and MJ didn't re record.

No. It is the same though, except MJ sang "I was the loser" instead of "I am a loser". As far as we know the other vocals are the exact same and MJ didn't re record.
Ah ok. And nothing changed in the music? - I like the leaked song actually. Melancholia, but still uplifting somehow. Weird combo. Sweet song and good rhytm.

Ah ok. And nothing changed in the music? - I like the leaked song actually. Melancholia, but still uplifting somehow. Weird combo. Sweet song and good rhytm.

I think it is possible they made some changes to the music whilst working on it, IIRC Michael Prince didn't make it seem like they did though. Hopefully we can hear it in the future and compare.

I think it is possible they made some changes to the music whilst working on it, IIRC Michael Prince didn't make it seem like they did though. Hopefully we can hear it in the future and compare.
I believe both Brad Buxer and Damien Shields said there are versions with refined and updated instrumentation, at least compared to the leaked mix. I wanna say Brad said so at a seminar?

Yes, I know it's outdated, as I said I took it from a mjhideout forum and that forum was last updated a few years ago, I'm looking for much more information to update.

I believe both Brad Buxer and Damien Shields said there are versions with refined and updated instrumentation, at least compared to the leaked mix. I wanna say Brad said so at a seminar?
Yes this wouldn't be hard for me to believe, I doubt MJ didn't ask for some things to be changed or tweaked whenever he brought the song out.

Michael Jackson

LOTS of incorrect info here (though of course that’s not your fault!). Only a handful of titles are accurately placed/described; most others are riddled with false info or don’t exist at all.

A general note: the Vera Serova lawsuit isn’t a credible resource for unreleased titles. The list in circulation was taken by Serova’s legal team from Wikipedia, after the estate failed to turn over a legitimate list of existing titles. It’s worth mentioning that the estate did confirm the legitimacy of many of these titles, but we don’t know which ones.

Do you have this list? And what was the point of talking about the other unreleased titles? Thanks in advance !

Back